Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 538 of 604 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9048
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It is funny, in sports, we will berate quarterbacks who can't make split-second decisions like Tom Brady in game situations, but in RT, we defend the cops who can't make split-second decisions in life and death situations.

Can we at least agree this guy should be fired? Policing with deadly force should require the ability to make those decisions. That is what training is for. You can't back away from the fact that this was a mistake. At the time of the shooting, the kid didn't have a gun and was raising his empty hands. No cell phones to confuse with a gun, but pale palm side hands. Instead of an interception, a kid is dead. The home team didn't get a win on this one. But unlike in entertainment, I bet you the cop will keep his job and be back on the street.

Financially, can cities run by liberal black mayors (any mayors, but I know how you like to rail on them) keep paying for police mistakes? Floyd and Taylor's families got big settlements. Here in Chicago, we just paid off a bad police raid suit, and before that, a kid shot thirteen times while he laid on the street, his family gets paid. Guess who be the next family to collect? While I watch my cities service fees go up, educations cuts, and property tax increases, how do you think Chicagoans feel about watching our tax dollars go to paying off police mistakes or misconduct year after year? And this is on top of a large policing cost that adds to our debt.

I am sorry, I expect more from our police, the cost is too high in money and lives. Some jobs need and demand a higher ability to make split-seconds decisions.
    Do you fire a QB when he throws an interception? Do cops make 25 mill a year? Do you expect this guy to have equivalent reaction time?

This is an awful analogy.

Have you actually watched the video? It's so ****ing easy to take the freeze frame of the kid holding his hands up and make a judgement.

So if you're in that cops situation. You're chasing a young man who has reportedly been firing a handgun at cars in an area. An area mind you that is known to be a stronghold of the Latin Kings.

You get out of your cop car and tell him put your hands up and freeze and drop the weapon you see in his hand. .. He runs. You pursue. Then 10 seconds later he turns quickly.... u
    You're telling to me you're not going to open fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    I am not going to comment on whether the officer should have shot or not. I have no idea what he was able to see in that moment.

But i agree that the parents have culpability in the death of their son. I realize 12 year old kids are hard to control, but allowing him to be out on the street at that time of night seems like serious neglect IMO.

An example one hopes is not lost on other parents.
    We don't know about his family life to make that call. Does his parent have multi-jobs, or the kid pull a kid prank and snuck out of his house at night? I have done that a couple of times, I had friends who did and got caught and punished.

Blaming the cops can be a liberal knee-jerk reaction as blaming the victim or parent is the right. In this case, the cop just simply made a bad call with deadly results. To allow this to go uncheck tells the community that this is just a part of law enforcement. We will put police officers on the street who can't tell when a child is a threat or not. We had incidents with cops shooting kids with toy guns, in botched raids, and shooting into cars with kids.

I am tired of losing kids to shooting in general, and when cops, who should be trained better than the average joe, make mistakes like this. These cops are trained for deadly situations and their jobs should depend on how they handle those incidents when they occur. That is call accountability. We expect it from our doctors, our car mechanic, and our teacher, but our cops it becomes a non-issue.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

So the civil court's cost and lives lost to their mistakes should be a part of just doing business as a law enforcer. Plus the communities they are charged with serving and protecting don't have a say in it.

Remind me of the old Richard Pryor's joke about two cops to worry that they did something wrong when they "broke a N" until they found it was cover in the regulations. "Here it is on page 27, it is ok to break a N"

Shot an unarmed kid, no problem. I see you tomorrow at roll call. It was just a kid's life.
    He literally threw the gun behind the fence 2 seconds before he got shot.

Let me ask you. If a gang member kills the cop would even spend a second giving a **** about him and his family?

No one should be celebrating the death of a 13 year old kid. Even if he did make poor decisions.

But you are being ridiculous as far as your expectation of this cop goes.

This **** ain't a movie. You get a split second to make a decision. And if you hesitate at the wrong moment your dead. Bet you've seen 100 videos of cops shooting civilians. And seen 0 of cops getting killed during routine traffic stops
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 10:38 AM.

https://www.police1.com/use-of-force...t7LklFGBrQ8F9/

Of you think these decisions are easy to make. Watch this video.

I am sure everyone seems cops shows where they show a training ground arrange like a city street. Random figures would pop up giving the trainee seconds to make a call before shooting. A woman carrying groceries, a thug with a gun, or a thug with a hostage or a kid popping up from the shadows. All to train a future officer to make split-seconds decisions.

This trained officer who shot this unarmed kid would funk a trainee's shooting test, but let some here think he should keep his job.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I am sure everyone seems cops shows where they show a training ground arrange like a city street. Random figures would pop up giving the trainee seconds to make a call before shooting. A woman carrying groceries, a thug with a gun, or a thug with a hostage or a kid popping up from the shadows. All to train a future officer to make split-seconds decisions.

This trained officer who shot this unarmed kid would funk a trainee's shooting test, but let some here think he should keep his job.
    You are so unbelievably disingenuous and actually doing a harm to the cause you claim to care about.

Oh and I was wrong about 2 seconds. He was unarmed fir .8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    He literally threw the gun behind the fence 2 seconds before he got shot.

Let me ask you. If a gang member kills the cop would even spend a second giving a **** about him and his family?

No one should be celebrating the death of a 13 year old kid. Even if he did make poor decisions.

But you are being ridiculous as far as your expectation of this cop goes.

This **** ain't a movie. You get a split second to make a decision. And if you hesitate at the wrong moment your dead. Bet you've seen 100 videos of cops shooting civilians. And seen 0 of cops getting killed during routine traffic stops
    How long does it take to squeeze a trigger? fraction of a second? A second? A heartbeat. I would take that hesitation when it comes to a grade school kid. It would take that time with someone who is mentally ill, and an elderly person. These aren't hardened dead dealing criminals so I play on that just on the outside chance everybody including the child lives.

And please at least have the attention span of a flea and stick to the subject at hand instead of making assumptions on what or what I haven't seen. I am well aware of police death and like soldiers' deaths, they should be and will be honored for the sacrifice they made in the line of service and support their grieving families.

It is like the reality of police deaths in the line of service dictate we cut them slack when they make a mistake when cost an unarmed child's hand.

Will Rogers

You are so unbelievably disingenuous and actually doing a harm to the cause you claim to care about.

Oh and I was wrong about 2 seconds. He was unarmed fir .8 seconds.
    Cool, now f off.

Will Rogers

How long does it take to squeeze a trigger? fraction of a second? A second? A heartbeat. I would take that hesitation when it comes to a grade school kid. It would take that time with someone who is mentally ill, and an elderly person. These aren't hardened dead dealing criminals so I play on that just on the outside chance everybody including the child lives.

And please at least have the attention span of a flea and stick to the subject at hand instead of making assumptions on what or what I haven't seen. I am well aware of police death and like soldiers' deaths, they should be and will be honored for the sacrifice they made in the line of service and support their grieving families.

It is like the reality of police deaths in the line of service dictate we cut them slack when they make a mistake when cost an unarmed child's hand.
    You're full of ****.

Did the cop know it was a child?

And in another thread you are saying "not our problem" to the US causing 100s of thousands of civilian deaths in Afghanistan.

Do you need a US passport to earn empathy from you?
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Cool, now f off.
    Sure. Only if you di me the favor and STFU. You're the poster boy for conservatives to point at when they talk about irrational libs that social signal how good of people they are.

The simplest way to get these cop murders to stop would be for states to require payouts to police murder victims to come from their pensions or retirement funds. Suddenly the cops will find Jesus and know how to make decisions appropriately. Apply personal responsibility.

“Oh you’re the guy who cost our retirement $20M”. That won’t play well with other cops and personal responsibility and group accountability will start to correct the issue. No amount of racism will justify the loss of retirement money.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The simplest way to get these cop murders to stop would be for states to require payouts to police murder victims to come from their pensions or retirement funds. Suddenly the cops will find Jesus and know how to make decisions appropriately. Apply personal responsibility.

“Oh you’re the guy who cost our retirement $20M”. That won’t play well with other cops and personal responsibility and group accountability will start to correct the issue. No amount of racism will justify the loss of retirement money.
    I like the idea, but that would never happen in Chicago, where two mayors in a row killed their careers covering up police misconduct. Police defunding, whether you support it or not, isn't sailing either. Making them accountable seems to be impossible right now.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Lol... Jesus. You're gonna take this guy's pension? In this situation?

You end up in anarchy with no cops.

I like the idea, but that would never happen in Chicago, where two mayors in a row killed their careers covering up police misconduct. Police defunding, whether you support it or not, isn't sailing either. Making them accountable seems to be impossible right now.
    And because you know... taking this guy's pension would ****ing stupid.

Lol... Jesus. You're gonna take this guy's pension? In this situation?

You end up in anarchy with no cops.
    That’s what some Democrats want including in Congress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk