Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 537 of 603 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 9043
  1. #8041
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah he still shouldn't be dead so what's your point Dmac?
    No, he shouldn't, but I don't blame the cop one bit either. The parents are more responsible for his death. He was out at 2:30 in the morning with a gang banger. He fired shots, he fled when the cop told him to stop while holding a gun. The cop couldn't see him toss it behind the fence and then he turned toward him. Most cops, hell most people would have done the exact same thing.

  2. #8042
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    No, he shouldn't, but I don't blame the cop one bit either. The parents are more responsible for his death. He was out at 2:30 in the morning with a gang banger. He fired shots, he fled when the cop told him to stop while holding a gun. The cop couldn't see him toss it behind the fence and then he turned toward him. Most cops, hell most people would have done the exact same thing.
    I agree. I haven't looked into the story but if this is an accurate representation of what happened I can't blame the cop.

  3. #8043
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah he still shouldn't be dead so what's your point Dmac?
    Some people like accurate information ManRam.

  4. #8044
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    74,726
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Some people like accurate information ManRam.
    So the cop shoulda shot him?
    HELLO

  5. #8045
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    74,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    No, he shouldn't
    Honestly. We should all stop reading after this

    We hold everyone to such a high standard. Just not cops.
    HELLO

  6. #8046
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    So the cop shoulda shot him?
    When you're asking this are you asking with the info we have now? Or are you asking if the cop made the right call in the situation he was in with the info he had?

    Hindsight being 20/20 no he shouldn't have.

    Being in the situation he was in though? The split second choice he had to make running in down an alley in the dark? He made the accurate call.

  7. #8047
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Honestly. We should all stop reading after this

    We hold everyone to such a high standard. Just not cops.
    What is your expectation of the cop in this situation.

    If you want to talk about gun control or other preventative measures cool. If you think this specific cop is to blame here you aren't being realistic.

  8. #8048
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Honestly. We should all stop reading after this

    We hold everyone to such a high standard. Just not cops.
    Again cops have families too and almost anyone in that situation would have done the exact same thing. It would have been impossible to tell from the cops angle that he tossed the gun.

    But it’s cooler to post a screenshot of the kid not holding the gun in his hand a split second before he did and then blame the cop for him shooting an unarmed kid


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8049
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again cops have families too and almost anyone in that situation would have done the exact same thing. It would have been impossible to tell from the cops angle that he tossed the gun.

    But it’s cooler to post a screenshot of the kid not holding the gun in his hand a split second before he did and then blame the cop for him shooting an unarmed kid


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is funny, in sports, we will berate quarterbacks who can't make split-second decisions like Tom Brady in game situations, but in RT, we defend the cops who can't make split-second decisions in life and death situations.

    Can we at least agree this guy should be fired? Policing with deadly force should require the ability to make those decisions. That is what training is for. You can't back away from the fact that this was a mistake. At the time of the shooting, the kid didn't have a gun and was raising his empty hands. No cell phones to confuse with a gun, but pale palm side hands. Instead of an interception, a kid is dead. The home team didn't get a win on this one. But unlike in entertainment, I bet you the cop will keep his job and be back on the street.

    Financially, can cities run by liberal black mayors (any mayors, but I know how you like to rail on them) keep paying for police mistakes? Floyd and Taylor's families got big settlements. Here in Chicago, we just paid off a bad police raid suit, and before that, a kid shot thirteen times while he laid on the street, his family gets paid. Guess who be the next family to collect? While I watch my cities service fees go up, educations cuts, and property tax increases, how do you think Chicagoans feel about watching our tax dollars go to paying off police mistakes or misconduct year after year? And this is on top of a large policing cost that adds to our debt.

    I am sorry, I expect more from our police, the cost is too high in money and lives. Some jobs need and demand a higher ability to make split-seconds decisions.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-17-2021 at 08:23 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  10. #8050
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,709
    We won't even talk about how many times the Chicago police spoke person lied about the accounts of that night, changing his story at least three times before the video came out. Nope, that isn't important enough to talk about, cause all the lying that they, who has a history of lying and cover-ups in the past, did just makes this whole thing much better.

    Yup, support the thin blue line.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  11. #8051
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It is funny, in sports, we will berate quarterbacks who can't make split-second decisions like Tom Brady in game situations, but in RT, we defend the cops who can't make split-second decisions in life and death situations.

    Can we at least agree this guy should be fired? Policing with deadly force should require the ability to make those decisions. That is what training is for. You can't back away from the fact that this was a mistake. At the time of the shooting, the kid didn't have a gun and was raising his empty hands. No cell phones to confuse with a gun, but pale palm side hands. Instead of an interception, a kid is dead. The home team didn't get a win on this one. But unlike in entertainment, I bet you the cop will keep his job and be back on the street.

    Financially, can cities run by liberal black mayors (any mayors, but I know how you like to rail on them) keep paying for police mistakes? Floyd and Taylor's families got big settlements. Here in Chicago, we just paid off a bad police raid suit, and before that, a kid shot thirteen times while he laid on the street, his family gets paid. Guess who be the next family to collect? While I watch my cities service fees go up, educations cuts, and property tax increases, how do you think Chicagoans feel about watching our tax dollars go to paying off police mistakes or misconduct year after year? And this is on top of a large policing cost that adds to our debt.

    I am sorry, I expect more from our police, the cost is too high in money and lives. Some jobs need and demand a higher ability to make split-seconds decisions.
    The cop shouldn’t be fired at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #8052
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    513
    I am not going to comment on whether the officer should have shot or not. I have no idea what he was able to see in that moment.

    But i agree that the parents have culpability in the death of their son. I realize 12 year old kids are hard to control, but allowing him to be out on the street at that time of night seems like serious neglect IMO.

    An example one hopes is not lost on other parents.

  13. #8053
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The cop shouldn’t be fired at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So the civil court's cost and lives lost to their mistakes should be a part of just doing business as a law enforcer. Plus the communities they are charged with serving and protecting don't have a say in it.

    Remind me of the old Richard Pryor's joke about two cops to worry that they did something wrong when they "broke a N" until they found it was cover in the regulations. "Here it is on page 27, it is ok to break a N"

    Shot an unarmed kid, no problem. I see you tomorrow at roll call. It was just a kid's life.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-17-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  14. #8054
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So the civil court's cost and lives lost to their mistakes should be a part of just doing business as a law enforcer. Plus the communities they are charged with serving and protecting don't have a say in it.

    Remind me of the old Richard Pryor's joke about two cops to worry that they did something wrong when they "broke a N" until they found it was cover in the regulations. "Here it is on page 27 , it is ok to break a N"

    Shot an unarmed kid, no problem, see tomorrow at roll call.
    Not going to argue your point in general. When I was young, the Indianapolis Police controlled the "Black Population" by shooting them in the legs. It was a routine event. Fortunately, we now have a Black Police Chief and Assistant Chief running the show. That is not to say we don't have cops on the street that have racist inclinations. But it seems like it has been held more to a minimum and dealt with swiftly when it happens. Worrying that your husband or your son might not come back every time they step out of the house or get into a vehicle is monsterous. I really cannot imagine but believe it needs to end.

  15. #8055
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The cop shouldn’t be fired at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot first and ask questions later, amirite?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •