Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 535 of 603 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 9033
    This goes beyond black or white or racism, but who is the boss. The public servants or the communities they serve.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    This is what kills the police department's reputation. The dumb f should realize after the Capitol Building raid, that these people will turn on them in a heartbeat. As public servants, they should also realize these actions make their jobs even harder in minority communities when they see who the police and other public servants support.

This crap is born out of these guys' arrogances, and allegiances more to a political belief than the police creed they sworn to uphold in the communities they served. The military knows this and is at least giving lip service to weed out far-right fractions within their rank. These public servants need a "Traffic controller solution" that Reagan push on the airline industries. The problem is, they hold us hostage with the idea that we need them to hold back crime. This is true, but should that be held over our heads when every they f up and think they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions or inactions when they move bad cops around as the catholic church did with their child molesters?

If the police don't feel they are answerable to us then what separates them from being a roque agency to do as they please how they please?
    I think the police being used to make money for the government is the biggest cause of the deterioration of the relationship between the police and the public.

These guys are lucky that this officer didn’t see asking for his name as worthy of summary execution.

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/st...235442691?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the police being used to make money for the government is the biggest cause of the deterioration of the relationship between the police and the public.
    Nay, some form of fining and ticketing should be used otherwise we lose any form of order when it comes to speeding, parking, drunken driving, and such. We can't even get people to wear mask for public safety without some sort of ruckus about the personal right to do as one please.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-16-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what would happen if an NBA team was only giving scholarships to white kids? that racism would be unacceptable, and rightfully so. but scholarships for only black kids is okay?

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...arships-racist

apparently there are no white kids in all of Utah that are in at risk communities.
    This is a method to combat systemic racism.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This guy doesn’t seem to be complying. I don’t see hands or his body outside the vehicle. Weird that he survived and didn’t suffer any sort of police brutality.

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...205990917?s=21
    Such a diff in how they approach diff races..

These guys are lucky that this officer didn’t see asking for his name as worthy of summary execution.

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/st...235442691?s=21
    I see that a year later, dude still can't figure out how to wear a mask properly.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is what I’d expect to hear from a Terminator before they shoot someone dead, not police.
    what I said is common sense. what good could come from refusing to comply. does anyone think if someone resits the police are just going to say fine go away.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Imagine a police officer being "trained" to handle these situations and shooting a 13 year old...

The whole point of training is how to handle situations when people don't comply.

Let's say I work in software on the quality assurance / testing side. Do you think I sit there and wonder how come the development team pushes out builds with bugs/issues?

No, that's my job, strap up your work boots and do it as they like to say.

there is no good training for chasing someone who has a gun and that person turns towards the police. that is going to enable a reaction to that action, and the police are not going to want to wait and be shot themselves.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This guy doesn’t seem to be complying. I don’t see hands or his body outside the vehicle. Weird that he survived and didn’t suffer any sort of police brutality.

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...205990917?s=21
    this is cherry picking to fit a narrative.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

according to this in 2020 there 457 white people shot and killed by police, compared to 241 black. maybe someone can find these white people and their story, instead of this perception that white people are simply not shot by police.

simply going by race also ignores other context, like whether the person shot had a gun or not, resisted arrest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This is a method to combat systemic racism.

it's racist. it is giving a benefit to only one race.

or would you rather call it black privilege.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I see that a year later, dude still can't figure out how to wear a mask properly.
    I don't believe for a second that they don't know how to wear the mask, just like I don't believe that cop didn't know she had a gun trained on that guy and not a taser. They know exactly what they're doing. It's their form of protest to the world representing things that scare them...like equality and science.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I thought police did not shoot white people.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...land-park.html

Portland police shot and killed a man Friday morning in Lents Park after responding to reports of person with a gun, the bureau said.

Officers responded around 9:30 a.m. and confronted the man, police said. Officers fired a “less lethal” 40 millimeter projectile at the man before one officer shot the man with a firearm, Assistant Police Chief Chris Davis said at an afternoon news conference.
    In the past several days, there have been several high profile fatal police shootings of Black men. Several sources confirmed to The Oregonian/OregonLive that the victim in this case was a white man in his 30s.

The Oregonian on twitter (@Oregonian) had this tweet, that has since been deleted.

The man who was killed was a white male in his 30s, according to three sources with knowledge of the investigation. The Oregonian/OregonLive is identifying the man’s race in light of social unrest prompted by police shootings of Black people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is cherry picking to fit a narrative.
    It's actually an great example to help highlight systemic racism. Media lied and told people systemic racism doesnt exists and some people are stupid enough to believe it, so this should help counteract some of that stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's actually an great example to help highlight systemic racism. Media lied and told people systemic racism doesnt exists and some people are stupid enough to believe it, so this should help counteract some of that stupidity.

the fact that white people are also shot and killed by police hurts this narrative that it's only happening to black people, that media routinely cherry picks for their agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯