Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 533 of 617 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 9245
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Good luck that all cops will follow that. Especially in a city with one of the highest murder rates. Cops have families and children also.

You know what would have saved the kid? Not being out at 2:30 am with a gun in your hand (what 13 year old is even out at that night anyways?)

My parents would have killed me if I was out that late when I was that Young
    The difference is your parents killing you would have been metaphorical whereas this kids death is very real.

I donít think that because the kid commits a crime that absolves police of their behavior. Do you?

What

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Putting your hands in the air is a universal sign of surrender. The reason it is so is because when someone's has their hands raised in the air, they are not a threat.

This kid was shot when he was standing with his hands in the air, surrendering to the cop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There's a chance. But there's a 100% chance by not waiting this kid is. The Protect in Protect and Serve was supposed to mean everyone else, not just themselves.
    The question is, who are they protecting. Generally speaking, a 13 year old white kid who committed a crime is looked at very differently than a 13 year old black kid. White america looks at one and says oh, hes just a kid, dont be so harsh on him, then they look at the other and want to try him as an adult.

This is subconscious programming, rooted in racist american history, which needs to change.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Putting your hands in the air is a universal sign of surrender. The reason it is so is because when someone's has their hands raised in the air, they are not a threat.

This kid was shot when he was standing with his hands in the air, surrendering to the cop.

Again youíre talking about a split second. In sports world this is like when people go after the refs for making an awful call when in real time it was a bang bang play and they got to see it in slow motion. In this case consequences are obviously more severe and deadly than a blown call but itís still a judgement they had to make in a split second.

Iím sure if the cop knew he dropped the weapon that he wouldnít have shot but it happened so quick that he didnít have much time to react

Again youíre talking about a split second. In sports world this is like when people go after the refs for making an awful call when in real time it was a bang bang play and they got to see it in slow motion. In this case consequences are obviously more severe and deadly than a blown call but itís still a judgement they had to make in a split second.

Iím sure if the cop knew he dropped the weapon that he wouldnít have shot but it happened so quick that he didnít have much time to react
    Despite my prior posts I agree with you and Spliff that it was a very tough situation. This one is not that clear cut and I'm by no means saying the officer's actions are inexcusable or incomprehensible. It was a very tough situation for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It 100% sucks that this kid lost his life but I can see why an officer in a dark alley would have trouble telling the difference between the kid ditching the gun and the kid getting ready to fire the gun. I don't know exactly what happened leading up to this encounter but I have watched the video.

And if he waited an extra second and the kid had the gun in his hand the cop would likely be dead...

Shoot first and ask questions later?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Why are you only concerned about the mistakes the person who got shot made in that same split second (with no training to fall back on)?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

So the cop asks to see his hands, he shows his hands and gets shot. This is obviously not the first incident of someone being shot for doing what was asked. So donít comply get shot. Comply get shot. Wtf are they supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    show that I'm wrong then. if I'm ignorant certainly you have something to contradict me.

what is Kim Potter's racist history?

what did Daunte Wright do in this incident?

did you see the warrant and DW's history?
    Youíre just absolutely willfully ignorant. You constantly make excuses to justify these actions time and time again. And now surprisingly doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So the cop asks to see his hands, he shows his hands and gets shot. This is obviously not the first incident of someone being shot for doing what was asked. So donít comply get shot. Comply get shot. Wtf are they supposed to do?
    Not be out shooting a gun at 230 in the morning in a place that is known for people shooting people at 230 in the morning.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Not be out shooting a gun at 230 in the morning in a place that is known for people shooting people at 230 in the morning.
    Here we go, making the cops judge, jury, and executioner.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Here we go, making the cops judge, jury, and executioner.

With all the talk about gun control from the left etc itís funny how you arenít asking why a 13 year old had a loaded gun on him in the first place.

Should the parents be charged for letting him get his hands on it? Or does this only count for mass white shooters parents?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Despite my prior posts I agree with you and Spliff that it was a very tough situation. This one is not that clear cut and I'm by no means saying the officer's actions are inexcusable or incomprehensible. It was a very tough situation for everyone involved.
    Agreed. Sad all the way around. I just hate how people are like he had his hands up and didnít have a weapon! True, but he also had a weapon in his hands a tenth of a second earlier right when he turned around. Itís entirely possible the cop didnít see him ditch it when he had his back turned away from him. First, he pretty much hid the gun when he ditched it and then he turns around.

And itís dark out and probably was hard to see for the cop

Anyone know if the gun was in his hand or his pocket for most of the chase?