Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 523 of 615 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 9217
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ArmyofNaveed/sta...92743438077954

Even fellow men in uniform are not immune to ******** like this.
    A uniform doesn’t mean **** to those cops. They see a dark fellow they can victimize.

In a non-politicized trial, there would not be any doubt as to the verdict. Open and shut conviction. Both the autopsy and the medical examiner ruled it a homicide.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktiozJt7WJQ

Here is a fuller video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Can someone explain why this or really any traffic stop would start like that unless they thought they were pulling over El Chopo?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Can someone explain why this or really any traffic stop would start like that unless they thought they were pulling over El Chopo?

Classic case of DWB.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

lol, that's hella normal! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    In a non-politicized trial, there would not be any doubt as to the verdict. Open and shut conviction. Both the autopsy and the medical examiner ruled it a homicide.
    An autopsy can't "rule" anything anything ... it's the result of the examination, generally done by a medical examiner, and often includes the examiners declaration, so I don't get how that's a "both" situation.

That said, pretty much all of the people who would typically be on the cops side have come down on the "unreasonable" side, so as far as I can tell the only defense they have is that the situation became a problem that made it not his fault. Seems VERY unlikely he gets out of this without significant time in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    An autopsy can't "rule" anything anything ... it's the result of the examination, generally done by a medical examiner, and often includes the examiners declaration, so I don't get how that's a "both" situation.

That said, pretty much all of the people who would typically be on the cops side have come down on the "unreasonable" side, so as far as I can tell the only defense they have is that the situation became a problem that made it not his fault. Seems VERY unlikely he gets out of this without significant time in prison.
    Okay Dr. Pedantic, both autopsies found that George Floyd's death was a homicide.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Okay Dr. Pedantic, both autopsies found that George Floyd's death was a homicide.
    I don't think reports can "find" anything. I believe they reported cause of death and probably didn't mention the thoughts of the people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think reports can "find" anything. I believe they reported cause of death and probably didn't mention the thoughts of the people involved.
    The County Medical Examiner ruled his death a homicide as he released the autopsy:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86721...de-by-asphyxia

Which is what he was probably referring to. But as usual, you are being overly pedantic in an effort to "both sides" a positive point for the conservative position.

this incident with the police and this Army man should have been handled differently by everyone involved, but I find it hard that PSD will agree with that.

https://abc7news.com/police-pull-gun...suit/10507524/

They pulled him over in a newly purchased Chevrolet Tahoe SUV for not having a rear license plate.
    that is a valid reason for being pulled over. in this type of situation once pulled over immediately, the driver could have explained the reasoning, and the officer(s) could have agreed.

According to the report Officer Crocker submitted after the incident, Crocker said the driver was "eluding police"
    even if that happens "a lot" (as the articles says), still not surprising for police to come to the conclusion of eluding.

The vehicle was so new Nazario hadn't yet gotten permanent plates, but had his cardboard temporary plates taped inside the rear window of the vehicle. When officers reached inside his car, that plate was visible in the rear, the lawsuit stated.
    cardboard, so not actual plates. this is common in America?

"I'm honestly afraid to get out of the car," Nazario is heard saying in the footage.

"Yeah you should be," one officer replied.
    this from the officer is wrong. even agitated for whatever reason you can't say that.

"I'm actively serving this country and this is how you're going to treat me?" Nazario says. Seconds later, an officer appears to spray him in his face with a substance in the video.
    serving the country is irrelevant, but his refusal to comply still doesn't warrant being pepper sprayed.

At one point, Gutierrez told Nazario he was "fixin' to ride the lightning," according to the lawsuit. The phrase was a line from the movie "The Green Mile," a film about a Black man facing execution, and references the electric chair, the lawsuit states.
    if true this is just wrong, and the officer deserves to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The County Medical Examiner ruled his death a homicide as he released the autopsy:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86721...de-by-asphyxia

Which is what he was probably referring to. But as usual, you are being overly pedantic in an effort to "both sides" a positive point for the conservative position.
    I didn't say anything about "both sides" but go ahead and decide what I'm thinking with no evidence.

I think Chauvin is guilty of murder and I think that will be the verdict. That doesn't mean that "Both the autopsy and the medical examiner ruled it a homicide" ... for one thing one comes from the other's office, and what they do is identify the facts in evidence. "Ruled" is a word generally used by the press interested in making a story more sensational, but is not in the language used by the medical examiner in the autopsy almost certainly (definitely not in the office of the medical examiners press release https://content.govdelivery.com/atta...206.1.2020.pdf).

And absolutely I'm guilty as a pedant.
    Last edited by Scoots; 04-12-2021 at 02:39 PM.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this incident with the police and this Army man should have been handled differently by everyone involved, but I find it hard that PSD will agree with that.

https://abc7news.com/police-pull-gun...suit/10507524/

that is a valid reason for being pulled over. in this type of situation once pulled over immediately, the driver could have explained the reasoning, and the officer(s) could have agreed.

even if that happens "a lot" (as the articles says), still not surprising for police to come to the conclusion of eluding.

cardboard, so not actual plates. this is common in America?

this from the officer is wrong. even agitated for whatever reason you can't say that.

serving the country is irrelevant, but his refusal to comply still doesn't warrant being pepper sprayed.

if true this is just wrong, and the officer deserves to be fired.
    Sorry

In a court and public perception sense "homicide" implies intent but a medical examiner uses it to mean the death was not by disease, accident, suicide, execution by the state, or undetermined. The action that lead to Floyd's death was not disease, suicide, or undetermined, and though some may see it that way it wasn't execution because of the lack of process around it. So the only other choices are accident (Chauvin was on him intentionally, and presumably Floyd's physical condition was not an accident) or homicide. Homicide is the right category, but, as it says in the medical examiners report, that is not a "legal determination of culpability or intent".

Basically if Chauvin is ruled guilty of assault then it's murder. The only way for it to not be assault if it was reasonable for him to do what he did based on training and the developing situation in that moment.

I don't think it's possible that can be ruled reasonable.