Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 521 of 615 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Being white in america is in of itself a privilege. No one told me, I've observed it myself.

It is A factor as to why things happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    some of the time yes, that is what I have agreed with. but to think anything someone white gets is simply because they are white and nothing else is bonkers.

imagine 2 guys up for a job, one white and one black. white happens to be more qualified (not because of race) and he gets the job. it would have nothing to do with being white or some white privilege. it would be the same if the black guy was more qualified and he got the job, anyone whining about black privilege as if that was why they were hired would be a fool.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    but to think anything someone white gets is simply because they are white and nothing else is bonkers.

Well good thing no one here thinks that.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I don't see a problem in criticizing George Floyd on things that he has done wrong, unrelated to his death. but why are things like these allowed in the trial?

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...05640127299588
    George Floyd’s girlfriend, Courteney Ross testifies she rushed him to the hospital after an overdose 2 months before his fatal encounter with police
    https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...14691917631489
    CHAUVIN TRIAL UPDATE: George Floyd’s girlfriend says the man he was with in the car was his drug dealer

either the officer wrongly had his knee on Floyd's neck or he didn't, and it certainly looked liked it was wrong.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

trees are now racist and tied to racism.

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/5...d-to-lynching-
    Portland school fears 'Evergreens' mascot tied to lynching
    The adoption of a new mascot for Ida B. Wells-Barnett High School was put on pause, after concerns about potential connotations of lynching.

After adopting a new namesake earlier this year, the Southwest Portland high school also wants to ditch its Trojan mascot. A committee comprised of students, staff and community members suggested the evergreens as the school's new mascot.
    But just before the Portland Public Schools Board of Education's vote to approve the new mascot Tuesday, March 30, Director Michelle DePass shared community concerns of an unwanted correlation between Ida B. Wells—the historic Black activist, and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who documented and crusaded against lynching—and a tree which could conjure up reminders of hanging people with ropes from branches.
    this is just stupid. there are trees all over, are people really triggered that any tree is going to remind them of lynching.

this would have to then mean that all ropes are also triggering, so no more ropes anywhere in America either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...22339068682245
    Chauvin lawyer plays clip of George Floyd, asks if he is saying “I ate too many drugs”
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...82680544849921
    State Investigator says he believes Chauvin's knee was actually on Floyd's back

what impact will this have in the trial?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure, but the State Inspector should probably get his eyes checked.

Why would this have any impact?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Why would this have any impact?

Trying to build in reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions weren't the cause of death. If he ate too many drugs and we couple that with his known heart disease, there now becomes questions about how he died. FWIW, Chauvin's defense lawyer is doing what he was paid to do. Unfortunately, it comes across as blaming the victim.

Hopefully the jury sees through the BS and convicts that ******* Chauvin of murder. That's what it was. That said, we've seen this happen before. White cop gets away with brutally attacking/murdering a minority suspect.

If the city of Minneapolis thought the riots for Floyd were bad the first time, they haven't seen anything yet if Chauvin is acquitted.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-08-2021 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trying to build in reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions weren't the cause of death. If he ate too many drugs and we couple that with his known heart disease, there now becomes questions about how he died. FWIW, Chauvin's defense lawyer is doing what he was paid to do. Unfortunately, it comes across as blaming the victim.

Hopefully the jury sees through the BS and convicts that ******* Chauvin of murder. That's what it was. That said, we've seen this happen before. White cop gets away with brutally attacking/murdering a minority suspect.

If the city of Minneapolis thought the riots for Floyd were bad the first time, they haven't seen anything yet if Chauvin is acquitted.
    Just because there will be riots if he gets away shouldn’t mean the jury should convict. And yes how he died is definitely important in this case. The prosecution overdid the charges and they have to prove that the cops actions caused the death of Floyd. If there’s questions on how he died he could definitely get off the hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Just because there will be riots if he gets away shouldn’t mean the jury should convict. And yes how he died is definitely important in this case. The prosecution overdid the charges and they have to prove that the cops actions caused the death of Floyd. If there’s questions on how he died he could definitely get off the hook

Didn't say that. Just saying if they do acquit or he is convicted on lesser charges, there's going to be mass chaos. That's especially the case when 8 of the 14 jurors on the case are white. I don't see any of that happening. Its just an obvious foreshadowing if it does.

The prosecution didn't overdo anything. It's an unintentional 2nd degree murder charge as the main indictment. There are lesser charges, yes but there's enough evidence there to convict him of the 2nd degree murder charge. There have been 10 law enforcement witnesses that have testified so far and all of them have said that Chauvin used excessive force. The drugs found in Floyd's body were also shown to be low potency which undermines the defense's argument that it was an overdose.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-floyd-latest
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-08-2021 at 04:03 AM.

Didn't say that. Just saying if they do acquit or he is convicted on lesser charges, there's going to be mass chaos. That's especially the case when 8 of the 14 jurors on the case are white. I don't see any of that happening. Its just an obvious foreshadowing if it does.

The prosecution didn't overdo anything. It's an unintentional 2nd degree murder charge as the main indictment. There are lesser charges, yes but there's enough evidence there to convict him of the 2nd degree murder charge. There have been 10 law enforcement witnesses that have testified so far and all of them have said that Chauvin used excessive force. The drugs found in Floyd's body were also shown to be low potency which undermines the defense's argument that it was an overdose.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-floyd-latest
    So nearly half the jurors are minorities and you think there should have been more? Seems pretty fair to me especially for the location of the trial (Minnesota is generally a white population)

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So nearly half the jurors are minorities and you think there should have been more? Seems pretty fair to me especially for the location of the trial (Minnesota is generally a white population)

You have issues with reading comprehension. My point is a majority white jury acquitting or agreeing to a significantly lesser charge would make for a big problem in Minneapolis. According to public opinion this is an open and shut case of murder. Chauvin was the immediate cause of death in Floyd's murder. He should spend however long an unintentional 2nd degree murder charge carries.

That's absolutely disgusting. The guy ****in killed him on camera and now in order to get off hes trying to trash the guy whom he killed.

That **** is low.

Last edited by nastynice; 04-08-2021 at 06:16 AM.

That's absolutely disgusting. The guy ****in killed him on camera and now in order to get off hes trying to trash the guy whom he killed.

That **** is low.

This is where lawyers get negative connotations. Firstly, Chauvin isn't trashing the guy who killed him, his lawyers are having to stoop this low in an attempt to reduce or eliminate the charges against him. I don't know who these lawyers are that take on cases like this or what they expect the end result to be, but regardless of the outcome of the trial, I don't know how perception of them as lawyers could actually improve.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

trees are now racist and tied to racism.

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/5...d-to-lynching-

this is just stupid. there are trees all over, are people really triggered that any tree is going to remind them of lynching.

this would have to then mean that all ropes are also triggering, so no more ropes anywhere in America either.
    of course it's stupid.....my bet is there has NEVER been an evergreen tree used for a lynching...it would be largely physically impossible
    gotta love 'referential' treatment