Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 518 of 632 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 9467
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Nice. We have the same definition.
    Where is the racism there? Where do any of them say that white guilt means people defend racists?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Where is the racism there? Where do any of them say that white guilt means people defend racists?
    Why do you think so many have a knee jerk reaction to defend instances of racism?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why do you think so many have a knee jerk reaction to defend instances of racism?
    Partly because it's an internet forum, and partly because people don't think systemic racism is as big a problem as it is. I absolutely don't think it's guilt for being white.

Partly because it's an internet forum, and partly because people don't think systemic racism is as big a problem as it is. I absolutely don't think it's guilt for being white.
    I was just curious, I don’t know why they do it.

This is the definition you gave

remorse or shame felt by a white person with respect to racial inequality and injustice.

My entire argument is that because of this shame, it makes many people become defensive when this topic is brought up. So defensive to the point that some people are saying systemic racism doesnt exist. Admitting it seems to bother them very much.

For someone to be this blind, it must be a reaction predicated on emotion. That emotion is fueled by this guilt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 03-31-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if everyone white simply benefited from being white then there would be no poor white people, there would be no white people struggling in life since they could just use their privilege and get whatever they needed/wanted.
    There’s the problem right there. You just don’t understand what white privilege is. You’re putting your own definition on it and then arguing that the definition is wrong lol.

It's actually reality.

Just to go full circle, this is basically what white guilt is. This entire conversation with you has been a spot on example of a white person somehow feeling guilty that they have an advantage, and so the response is to deny it. The response is to get defensive.

So defensive to the point that you are denying that white people have an inherent advantage in our system/society, which is an absolute joke of a position to have.

You see how you walked that white guilt line exactly, right?

lmao, what a stupid post!

How do you think this stuff up? [emoji23][emoji23]

Again, another perfect example white guilt. You get so defensive, look at what a joke your post is.

I don't feel guilty for being white.

you (and others) do not pay attention. I never said white people never have an advantage. I said it's not general, as in the perception that literally anyone and everyone white always has an advantage. that is why I specifically said, "some of the time, yes. in general, no."

there are all kinds of privileges, including multiple races both white and black.

seems that you want everyone white to feel guilty, which is exactly what I've said some on the left want.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah, its still happening today. Live in whatever alternate reality you choose to though. I'll be here on Earth with the rest of us.

history changes, or are we still living with slavery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    There’s the problem right there. You just don’t understand what white privilege is. You’re putting your own definition on it and then arguing that the definition is wrong lol.
    I understand what it is, as I have said some of the time it happens. but it's ignorance to think that every single white person always benefits from being white. that is a narrative that some want to use in an attempt to fight racism, and they have convinced many white people to feel guilty simply for being white.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the definition you gave

remorse or shame felt by a white person with respect to racial inequality and injustice.

My entire argument is that because of this shame, it makes many people become defensive when this topic is brought up. So defensive to the point that some people are saying systemic racism doesnt exist. Admitting it seems to bother them very much.

For someone to be this blind, it must be a reaction predicated on emotion. That emotion is fueled by this guilt.
    And the definitions and discussion talk about how the reaction is the opposite of that, and that it drives people to go the other way.

The people who are, as you say, "defensive" are doing it out of not guilt but because they are tired of feeling blamed. That's not guilt it's anger and frustration. Things like "the most attacked demographic is the american white male" is not about guilt.

I don't feel guilty for being white.

you (and others) do not pay attention. I never said white people never have an advantage. I said it's not general, as in the perception that literally anyone and everyone white always has an advantage. that is why I specifically said, "some of the time, yes. in general, no."

there are all kinds of privileges, including multiple races both white and black.

seems that you want everyone white to feel guilty, which is exactly what I've said some on the left want.
    It IS general. Being white in of itself is an advantage, just like being black in of itself is a disadvantage. This is the reality if america because of our history and our pop culture.

This doesnt mean every white person has more overall advantages than every non white. It means that being white is in of itself an advantage in America.

Yes, diff races have diff advantages, such as affirmative action. Whites have the most inherent racial advantages in America.

No, I dont want you to feel guilty, quite the opposite actually. I think if you can shed the guilt a lot of your posts wouldnt be as ridiculous as they are.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

And the definitions and discussion talk about how the reaction is the opposite of that, and that it drives people to go the other way.

The people who are, as you say, "defensive" are doing it out of not guilt but because they are tired of feeling blamed. That's not guilt it's anger and frustration. Things like "the most attacked demographic is the american white male" is not about guilt.
    Why do they feel blamed?

I believe it ultimately comes down to feeling guilty, which fuels all these reactions such as feeling blamed, etc.

That’s because they are conflating acknowledgement with accusation.

They believe that simply acknowledging white privilege means white people are at fault.

How do we broach the subject in a way where they don’t feel blamed?

It IS general. Being white in of itself is an advantage, just like being black in of itself is a disadvantage.

you've been manipulated if you actually believe this.

there will never be equality with this perception.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you've been manipulated if you actually believe this.
    If it's not guilt, then what is driving you to dismiss this obvious, blatant reality?