Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 518 of 632 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 9467
  1. #7756
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,575
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Nice. We have the same definition.
    Where is the racism there? Where do any of them say that white guilt means people defend racists?

  2. #7757
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Where is the racism there? Where do any of them say that white guilt means people defend racists?
    Why do you think so many have a knee jerk reaction to defend instances of racism?

  3. #7758
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,575
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why do you think so many have a knee jerk reaction to defend instances of racism?
    Partly because it's an internet forum, and partly because people don't think systemic racism is as big a problem as it is. I absolutely don't think it's guilt for being white.

  4. #7759
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Partly because it's an internet forum, and partly because people don't think systemic racism is as big a problem as it is. I absolutely don't think it's guilt for being white.
    I was just curious, I don’t know why they do it.

  5. #7760
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Where is the racism there? Where do any of them say that white guilt means people defend racists?
    This is the definition you gave

    remorse or shame felt by a white person with respect to racial inequality and injustice.

    My entire argument is that because of this shame, it makes many people become defensive when this topic is brought up. So defensive to the point that some people are saying systemic racism doesnt exist. Admitting it seems to bother them very much.

    For someone to be this blind, it must be a reaction predicated on emotion. That emotion is fueled by this guilt.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 03-31-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #7761
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if everyone white simply benefited from being white then there would be no poor white people, there would be no white people struggling in life since they could just use their privilege and get whatever they needed/wanted.
    There’s the problem right there. You just don’t understand what white privilege is. You’re putting your own definition on it and then arguing that the definition is wrong lol.

  7. #7762
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's actually reality.

    Just to go full circle, this is basically what white guilt is. This entire conversation with you has been a spot on example of a white person somehow feeling guilty that they have an advantage, and so the response is to deny it. The response is to get defensive.

    So defensive to the point that you are denying that white people have an inherent advantage in our system/society, which is an absolute joke of a position to have.

    You see how you walked that white guilt line exactly, right?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lmao, what a stupid post!

    How do you think this stuff up? [emoji23][emoji23]

    Again, another perfect example white guilt. You get so defensive, look at what a joke your post is.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't feel guilty for being white.

    you (and others) do not pay attention. I never said white people never have an advantage. I said it's not general, as in the perception that literally anyone and everyone white always has an advantage. that is why I specifically said, "some of the time, yes. in general, no."

    there are all kinds of privileges, including multiple races both white and black.

    seems that you want everyone white to feel guilty, which is exactly what I've said some on the left want.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  8. #7763
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah, its still happening today. Live in whatever alternate reality you choose to though. I'll be here on Earth with the rest of us.


    history changes, or are we still living with slavery.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #7764
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    There’s the problem right there. You just don’t understand what white privilege is. You’re putting your own definition on it and then arguing that the definition is wrong lol.
    I understand what it is, as I have said some of the time it happens. but it's ignorance to think that every single white person always benefits from being white. that is a narrative that some want to use in an attempt to fight racism, and they have convinced many white people to feel guilty simply for being white.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  10. #7765
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,575
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This is the definition you gave

    remorse or shame felt by a white person with respect to racial inequality and injustice.

    My entire argument is that because of this shame, it makes many people become defensive when this topic is brought up. So defensive to the point that some people are saying systemic racism doesnt exist. Admitting it seems to bother them very much.

    For someone to be this blind, it must be a reaction predicated on emotion. That emotion is fueled by this guilt.
    And the definitions and discussion talk about how the reaction is the opposite of that, and that it drives people to go the other way.

    The people who are, as you say, "defensive" are doing it out of not guilt but because they are tired of feeling blamed. That's not guilt it's anger and frustration. Things like "the most attacked demographic is the american white male" is not about guilt.

  11. #7766
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't feel guilty for being white.

    you (and others) do not pay attention. I never said white people never have an advantage. I said it's not general, as in the perception that literally anyone and everyone white always has an advantage. that is why I specifically said, "some of the time, yes. in general, no."

    there are all kinds of privileges, including multiple races both white and black.

    seems that you want everyone white to feel guilty, which is exactly what I've said some on the left want.
    It IS general. Being white in of itself is an advantage, just like being black in of itself is a disadvantage. This is the reality if america because of our history and our pop culture.

    This doesnt mean every white person has more overall advantages than every non white. It means that being white is in of itself an advantage in America.

    Yes, diff races have diff advantages, such as affirmative action. Whites have the most inherent racial advantages in America.

    No, I dont want you to feel guilty, quite the opposite actually. I think if you can shed the guilt a lot of your posts wouldnt be as ridiculous as they are.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #7767
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And the definitions and discussion talk about how the reaction is the opposite of that, and that it drives people to go the other way.

    The people who are, as you say, "defensive" are doing it out of not guilt but because they are tired of feeling blamed. That's not guilt it's anger and frustration. Things like "the most attacked demographic is the american white male" is not about guilt.
    Why do they feel blamed?

    I believe it ultimately comes down to feeling guilty, which fuels all these reactions such as feeling blamed, etc.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #7768
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And the definitions and discussion talk about how the reaction is the opposite of that, and that it drives people to go the other way.

    The people who are, as you say, "defensive" are doing it out of not guilt but because they are tired of feeling blamed. That's not guilt it's anger and frustration. Things like "the most attacked demographic is the american white male" is not about guilt.
    That’s because they are conflating acknowledgement with accusation.

    They believe that simply acknowledging white privilege means white people are at fault.

    How do we broach the subject in a way where they don’t feel blamed?

  14. #7769
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,427
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It IS general. Being white in of itself is an advantage, just like being black in of itself is a disadvantage.

    you've been manipulated if you actually believe this.

    there will never be equality with this perception.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  15. #7770
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you've been manipulated if you actually believe this.
    If it's not guilt, then what is driving you to dismiss this obvious, blatant reality?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •