Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 512 of 638 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 9564
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Keep in mind this argument was sparked due to the fact that when people see a cop behind them they pre judge the cop if they assume they are going to pull them over.

Stop pre judging the cops! and blacks and muslims, blah blah blah...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I pre-judge Special's posts. I should be criticized for that because I'm generalizing.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

WHITE GUILT

I was watching a malcolm x video the other day, he had mentioned what he called guilt complex, or today known as white guilt.

He brought this up when explaining why many white people at the time were saying that he and others like him were inciting hate in their speeches. He said because of that they try to turn the tables on the accuser and put them under the microscope rather than look at themselves under one.

While listening to it it reminded me a lot of not just modern day politics but also of us here on psd. There seems to be this ingrained reaction from the right where anytime a race accusation is brought up they try to destroy the character of the accuser and dismiss his claims.

I'm very curious what the right wing posters in here think of this. Wats your opinion on this take? A little truth to it, a lot truth to it, no truth to it...?

Also, as a muslim I find it very hard to understand. I always found it odd that I was essentially being blamed for the actions of random people based on similarity in religion or race. So why is it white people seem to take this undue burden upon their shoulders of carrying the guilt from actions of random people they never knew?

I think if we can keep this discussion civil, there is a lot we can all gain from each others perspectives.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You lost them at "Malcolm X"
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I often wonder what Malcolm would have said if given the chance later in life. The black leaders lost then were incredible minds and orators, while the ones who survived never really measured up (Farrakhan, Jackson, and later Sharpton).

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I often wonder what Malcolm would have said if given the chance later in life. The black leaders lost then were incredible minds and orators, while the ones who survived never really measured up (Farrakhan, Jackson, and later Sharpton).
    Tbh, 90% of what he said back then can be applied to today. Its wierd because even tho we have made huge strides in race relations the same tactics used to suppress minorities back then are in effect today.

I brought up this white guilt thing right now, but really I can do that with dozens of topics hes spoken on. Just the other day I was listening to him completely ripping the Democrat party saying they give lip service for votes followed by no action after elections. Same as today.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

mentioned Malcolm X to a millenial a few years ago and their response was, "what happened to the first 9 Malcolms?" (they literally thought the X was a roman numeral...and they weren't joking)

....'course there's people out there that think it's windy around here because of all the wind turbines they keep putting up
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    mentioned Malcolm X to a millenial a few years ago and their response was, "what happened to the first 9 Malcolms?" (they literally thought the X was a roman numeral...and they weren't joking)

....'course there's people out there that think it's windy around here because of all the wind turbines they keep putting up
    At least they aren't spilling bile when his name is mention like it was during the sixties. Kids don't have any connection to what happens before they are born unless they bookworms, so it isn't a surprise.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Malcolm X was an incredible hero and was one in both of his iterations - when he was younger and older. It's ridiculous to believe otherwise.

I still meet people that don't like MLK. Hmm... wonder why?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Malcolm X was an incredible hero and was one in both of his iterations - when he was younger and older. It's ridiculous to believe otherwise.

I still meet people that don't like MLK. Hmm... wonder why?

There were contemporaries who didn't like MLK because he wanted peaceful resistance. And there were people who didn't like Malcolm after he changed his position. Anybody who is listened to will be hated by someone.

Yes, he evolved past the racist bile that is taught in the Black Muslim Sect, but he always thought MLK's non-violence was bs. He would be more for shooting cops in the act of violating another Black man's rights. Very confrontational. Malcolm's influences were stronger in the major urban centers, where the Black Panthers, H. Rap "burn baby burn" Brown and even the Weathermen were born.

Love Malcolm X, but he just as unrealistic as MLK's with his I Have A Dream. His type of push-bang will only lead to more repression.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-21-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Will Rogers

His confrontational strategy was necessary at the time. I think it was more suited than MLK's peaceful resistance.

Both- together- were key to the advancement of the civil rights movement

There is a reason why just about every revolution ever involved violence. It is how it is and always will be.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    His confrontational strategy was important at the time. I think it was more suited than MLK's peaceful resistance.

Both- together- were key to the advancement of the civil rights movement

And what are those advancements doing for us now? Flint Mich, the criminal justices. I am all for what they did, but you must admit those advancements were effectively made null and void. Especially after the drug flooding into the country in the mid-eighties and the Drug war. MLK would be shock and disillusion to see the major setback in education and poverty in American.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-21-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Will Rogers

Even the voting right bill is a shadow of what it was in the sixties with all election roll purges, voter suppression, and dirty tricks going on now.

Will Rogers

Even the voting right bill is a shadow of what it was in the sixties with all election roll purges, voter suppression, and dirty tricks going on now.
    They purged it a few years back and the gop has no desire to reintroduce it because they care more about suppressing votes from minorities and young people and staying power than democracy.

So we have the glory of the civil rights movement without its accomplishments. Well, we got a statue of MLK in DC for their trouble.

Will Rogers