Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 510 of 702 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And people who think and daydream racist thoughts are most likely going to maintain that same mentality when dealing with people from.another race.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Then why donít more people rob banks?

Or even a simpler level, if I see an attractive woman who is dressed sexy, I think sexual thoughts about her. I donít run up and start humping her leg. Thoughts do not equate to actions. Adults knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You cannot change or control peoples thoughts. If someone wants to think racist thoughts, they are allowed. We can only control or at least curtail peoples actions.

I can day dream about robbing a bank. How Iím going to get away with it and spend the millions of dollars. That doesnít mean I donít believe itís wrong to rob a bank nor would I rob a bank obviously.
    Except Iím not asking if itís allowed, Iím asking if you think itís bad.

Do you think itís bad to be racist or have racist thoughts? Not committing racist acts, but simply being a racist? Is that inherently bad to you?

As for not being able to control peopleís thoughts. We can call them out if people articulate that they are racists or have racists thoughts (sort of like this conversation).

Consider your analogy, youíre saying itís perfectly OK to daydream about robbing a bank so long as you donít actually do it. So are you saying itís perfectly OK to be racist so long as you donít act on it?

Or even a simpler level, if I see an attractive woman who is dressed sexy, I think sexual thoughts about her. I donít run up and start humping her leg. Thoughts do not equate to actions. Adults knows this.
    Because robbing a bank is hard and people know theyíre likely to go to jail. People subtly or u consciously acting racist carries far less risk.

As for the second paragraph, itís utter nonsense. Adults who are ignorant think this. Thoughts dictate actions all the time. You keep using the example of humping a womanís leg. But men who think a woman is attractive are more likely to hit on her, ask her on a date, or be nicer to them. Many, many studies confirm attractive people are treated differently.

Honestly, itís a stupid thought to believe thinking someone is hot doesnít alter how you interact with them. Pure stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No one was discussing that, you brought it up. The question is, if it has nothing to do with race and itís all about how they dress and act, how come you always bring up race?
    The whole point of this thread is about the treatment or mistreatment of young black males, specifically by police but otherwise as well. I believe itís a culture issue more than anything.

So your argument is that just because someone is a racist doesnt mean that any of that will come across in their actions and demeanor?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The whole point of this thread is about the treatment or mistreatment of young black males, specifically by police but otherwise as well. I believe itís a culture issue more than anything.
    Yes, this right wing culture of jutstfying treating blacks poorly.

Definitely a cultural issue.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Obviously you canít arrest kids wearing black. But there definitely should be intervention on both the school and perhaps the police level if need be, especially if thereís mental health issues, which there typically are in these cases.

Why are there more school shootings now than in the past? Perhaps the term ďwokeĒ Iíd fairly new but the way schools either ignore or just bypass a kids weirdness is not. Itís been going on forever.
    You pretend as if there are no forms of intervention for troubled kids.

Why are there more school shootings now than in the past? It certainly ain't because society doesn't "judge books by their cover" often enough as you seem to be claiming.

This ain't Minority Report; you can't just arrest a kid because they are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because robbing a bank is hard and people know theyíre likely to go to jail. People subtly or u consciously acting racist carries far less risk.

As for the second paragraph, itís utter nonsense. Adults who are ignorant think this. Thoughts dictate actions all the time. You keep using the example of humping a womanís leg. But men who think a woman is attractive are more likely to hit on her, ask her on a date, or be nicer to them. Many, many studies confirm attractive people are treated differently.

Honestly, itís a stupid thought to believe thinking someone is hot doesnít alter how you interact with them. Pure stupidity.
    I agree but you donít violate that hot persons rights. Thatís the point.

And yes, in your prejudgement you might deal with people differently. Thatís not racism. If Iím more cautious around a group of young black males who are acting like thugs, my prejudgement is perfectly valid.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You pretend as if there are no forms of intervention for troubled kids.

Why are there more school shootings now than in the past? It certainly ain't because society doesn't "judge books by their cover" often enough as you seem to be claiming.

This ain't Minority Report; you can't just arrest a kid because they are weird.
    No but the school can intervene and in some cases seek a mental evaluation if need be. Thereís a lot of possible intervention between nothing and arrest. But I know that doesnít fit your cool guy internet demeanor...

Yes, this right wing culture of jutstfying treating blacks poorly.

Definitely a cultural issue.

So itís the right wing culture killing young black males daily?

Itís right wing culture keeping young black kids from graduating high school?

Please explain.

So your argument is that just because someone is a racist doesnt mean that any of that will come across in their actions and demeanor?

Demeanor yes. Actions not necessarily.

Demeanor yes. Actions not necessarily.
    So what's the take home point here?

nvm, Not worth the effort.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

So itís the right wing culture killing young black males daily?

Itís right wing culture keeping young black kids from graduating high school?

Please explain.
    Right wing culture certainly seems to actively feed into any stereotypes which help keep minorities down. This thread for example..

I agree but you donít violate that hot persons rights. Thatís the point.

And yes, in your prejudgement you might deal with people differently. Thatís not racism. If Iím more cautious around a group of young black males who are acting like thugs, my prejudgement is perfectly valid.
    Oh, so itís important we donít violate the racists rights but we should profile and violate black men age 16-30ís rights when they dress a certain way?

And now youíre saying acting like thugs, but before it was simply dressing like thugs because by dressing like that they wanted to portray themselves as criminals so itís Ok to treat them like such.