Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 509 of 702 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I prejudge everyone. I think everyone does to some extent.
    Yes, we do, which is why in my post yesterday I said we are all guilty of it. However that doesnt make most of us feel.we have to justify it, but it does seem to have that effect on you.

It shouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Name me one school shooter which didnít fit a particular profile then... Iíll wait.
    This is such a dumb "point". Should we go and preemptively arrest any kids that wear all black and/or a trench coat now or what's your genius way to effectively "judge these books by their covers" and prevent crime?

I could also mention that these school shooters have been around longer than the term "woke" began being used as it is today. Keep stretching to justify your racism though. I'm sure it'll all make sense one day.

I'm afraid that case of the announcer in Oklahoma is just another example of how endemic racism is in this country. People in rural areas are raised believing a lot of the ******** as I know for a fact. I don't have but one cousin in my family spread across many aunts and uncles (mostly deceased now) that don't think this way. I probably would have been too but for the fact that I started out at an elementary school that had quite a few black kids. And they were just kids, good kids like most others. Years of martial arts training where I was mostly a minority helped too as I developed a lot of close friendships.

This problem is not going away soon. I expect a couple of generations need to die of to really have a great impact. Having lived in Korea and known people from Jordan, Iran, Japan and so forth I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as race. Eye color, hair color, skin color and so forth have nothing to do with how we act and are perceived. Socialization and environment are the key elements. Making these issues fairer, raising economic standards and so forth are the key to us becoming more accepting and living as equals.

Getting off my soapbox now.

Good post.

It's definitely much more common and widespread than most people realize.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Just like with Val, you are conflating thoughts with actions. Just because you think something, doesnít mean you act on it.

Youíve never saw a woman dressed sexy and had sexual thoughts? You didnít run up and hump her leg did you? Just because we prejudge people doesnít mean we treat them differently. And just because Iím more cautious around someone giving off a bad vibe, doesnít mean they deserve evil or whatever.
    No, the problem is you don't think racism is actually wrong, not like from a legal standpoint, but that it's not an inherently bad thing. You only think racism becomes wrong once it is acted upon, thus the wrongness of it isn't racism itself, but the action. To you racism is completely OK but racist actions are wrong. That is what we need to change. You need to start believing racism is wrong because it's racism, not because of an additional action.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Joey ďIím not prejudiced against black people. Iím just saying every black man who grows up in an impoverished area should be treated like a criminalĒ
    My apologies. You donít only see race, you see race and age.

But look at the Bolded.

A. You admit you DO prejudice against black people, you just think because itís not all black people that somehow makes it OK.

B. Every black male between 16-30 years of age is not a small subset. Itís tens of millions of people.

And as for you talk about minorities being told they are treated differently. Maybe thatís because you just admitted you do treat them differently and prejudice them, but for some reason itís OK because you only specifically prejudice 16-30 year old black males.
    so judging anyone black in a certain way, wrong? which I agree.

but judging the police in general, totally fine?

this is a complete double standard.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Yes! Let's pretend that people are born cops, just as people are born black. Patented Special ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because he never pointed out their skin color as A determining factor in how he views them. You did.

Also, he described them as acting like thugs, your mind processed that as acting black? This is kinda the issue..

Iíve pointed out lots of skin colors. And Iím not defining ďacting as a thugĒ as ďacting black.Ē Anyone can act like a thug. Anyone can act like a gang banger. Race is irrelevant in that regard.

However, in this thread, we are discussing the prejudices around young black men. Iím saying IF young black men dress and act like thugs, I judge them as potentially dangerous. If young white men dress and act like thugs, I judge them as potentially dangerous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

One is a race, the other is an occupation. They are not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

Another terrible comparison that you will try to justify over the next ten pages

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

No, the problem is you don't think racism is actually wrong, not like from a legal standpoint, but that it's not an inherently bad thing. You only think racism becomes wrong once it is acted upon, thus the wrongness of it isn't racism itself, but the action. To you racism is completely OK but racist actions are wrong. That is what we need to change. You need to start believing racism is wrong because it's racism, not because of an additional action.
    You cannot change or control peoples thoughts. If someone wants to think racist thoughts, they are allowed. We can only control or at least curtail peoples actions.

I can day dream about robbing a bank. How Iím going to get away with it and spend the millions of dollars. That doesnít mean I donít believe itís wrong to rob a bank nor would I rob a bank obviously.

Iíve pointed out lots of skin colors. And Iím not defining ďacting as a thugĒ as ďacting black.Ē Anyone can act like a thug. Anyone can act like a gang banger. Race is irrelevant in that regard.

However, in this thread, we are discussing the prejudices around young black men. Iím saying IF young black men dress and act like thugs, I judge them as potentially dangerous. If young white men dress and act like thugs, I judge them as potentially dangerous as well.
    But you keep bringing up black males when describing people who act in a way that make you suspicious. According to your own posts, skin color is a factor you consider. We are all guilty of it and this is the issue that is trying to be addressed.

No one was discussing that, you brought it up. The question is, if it has nothing to do with race and itís all about how they dress and act, how come you always bring up race?

You cannot change or control peoples thoughts. If someone wants to think racist thoughts, they are allowed. We can only control or at least curtail peoples actions.

I can day dream about robbing a bank. How Iím going to get away with it and spend the millions of dollars. That doesnít mean I donít believe itís wrong to rob a bank nor would I rob a bank obviously.
    And people who think and daydream racist thoughts are most likely going to maintain that same mentality when dealing with people from.another race.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is such a dumb "point". Should we go and preemptively arrest any kids that wear all black and/or a trench coat now or what's your genius way to effectively "judge these books by their covers" and prevent crime?

I could also mention that these school shooters have been around longer than the term "woke" began being used as it is today. Keep stretching to justify your racism though. I'm sure it'll all make sense one day.
    Obviously you canít arrest kids wearing black. But there definitely should be intervention on both the school and perhaps the police level if need be, especially if thereís mental health issues, which there typically are in these cases.

Why are there more school shootings now than in the past? Perhaps the term ďwokeĒ Iíd fairly new but the way schools either ignore or just bypass a kids weirdness is not. Itís been going on forever.