Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 506 of 629 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 9431
  1. #7576
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,177
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Gotcha!



    Cmon spiffy, say it with me, GOTCHA!!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    More classic nasty: dead wrong, yet triumphantly patting himself on the back for how clever he is. What other comedy stylings do you got for us today?

  2. #7577
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More classic nasty: dead wrong, yet triumphantly patting himself on the back for how clever he is. What other comedy stylings do you got for us today? [emoji23]
    That's not how you pronounce gotcha.

    Its got. Cha.

    Got. Cha.

    Gotcha!

    You see how I quoted joey referring to it? That means gotcha!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #7578
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I want to believe you unintentionally omitted violent in this sentence, it I know better. I said you bring up that they commit the majority of violent crimes because you do. All the time. Itís basically your go to.

    The problem is you absolutely see race you just donít see racism. You believe it no longer exists. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he doesnít exist.
    You are still missing the point entirely. Iíve never said ďblack people commit the majority of violent crimes or crimes.Ē Iíve stated that young black men/boys between 16-30 years old commit the majority of violent crime. And Iíve given even more specifics as well. I donít only see race. Apparently, you do, because you continue to only qualify as a race. I canít prejudge a small subset of black people in your mind. Race is the only determining factor for you. Thatís racism.

    Of course I believe racism exists on an individual level but on the institutional level itís been replaced by the racism of low expectations. Our institutions fill the heads of minorities with the mantra that they are victims and treated differently than white people. Except it doesnít help them, it keeps minorities, particularly black people down.

  4. #7579
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,177
    So you're just prejudice towards 16 to 30 year old black males. Tight.

  5. #7580
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You are still missing the point entirely. Iíve never said ďblack people commit the majority of violent crimes or crimes.Ē Iíve stated that young black men/boys between 16-30 years old commit the majority of violent crime. And Iíve given even more specifics as well. I donít only see race. Apparently, you do, because you continue to only qualify as a race. I canít prejudge a small subset of black people in your mind. Race is the only determining factor for you. Thatís racism.

    Of course I believe racism exists on an individual level but on the institutional level itís been replaced by the racism of low expectations. Our institutions fill the heads of minorities with the mantra that they are victims and treated differently than white people. Except it doesnít help them, it keeps minorities, particularly black people down.
    The "systemic racism" thing is not based on an ideological racist intent but more on the outcome of everything combined together. We have laws and fines and fees that are regressive (not racist). We have a past where cities "encouraged" black people to live in certain areas, and where as black populations went up white people left ... some of this was ideologically racist, some were not, the result is inner-city neighborhoods that are more black and often more poor. Poor neighborhoods tend to have more crime and as a result more law enforcement. The police in those areas see a lot of crime and because of the above they see more black crime and those factor into their view of anybody they interact with. Those same neighborhoods build up with businesses that feed off of people just getting by in the form of check cashing places, liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores. Also because of that concentration of poverty and a history of society seemingly making it incredibly hard to get out drug use climbs as does drug dealing. Welfare encourages single parent homes which means each house is more likely to struggle to get out just that little bit more. Over time the people see the city, their landlords, their employers, and the police all pushing them down which leads to a fundamental distrust of the system. Then stack on top of that a war on drugs that unequally targets black users/dealers and a push to fill our prisons.

    That is the system in place.

    What needs to be done does not need to be focused on race, it can just be elevating the poor and getting the government, employers, and the police to give just a little more room to move up.

  6. #7581
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The "systemic racism" thing is not based on an ideological racist intent but more on the outcome of everything combined together. We have laws and fines and fees that are regressive (not racist). We have a past where cities "encouraged" black people to live in certain areas, and where as black populations went up white people left ... some of this was ideologically racist, some were not, the result is inner-city neighborhoods that are more black and often more poor. Poor neighborhoods tend to have more crime and as a result more law enforcement. The police in those areas see a lot of crime and because of the above they see more black crime and those factor into their view of anybody they interact with. Those same neighborhoods build up with businesses that feed off of people just getting by in the form of check cashing places, liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores. Also because of that concentration of poverty and a history of society seemingly making it incredibly hard to get out drug use climbs as does drug dealing. Welfare encourages single parent homes which means each house is more likely to struggle to get out just that little bit more. Over time the people see the city, their landlords, their employers, and the police all pushing them down which leads to a fundamental distrust of the system. Then stack on top of that a war on drugs that unequally targets black users/dealers and a push to fill our prisons.

    That is the system in place.

    What needs to be done does not need to be focused on race, it can just be elevating the poor and getting the government, employers, and the police to give just a little more room to move up.
    Nicely said. This is, unfortunately, the system we have in place.

  7. #7582
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iíve stated that young black men/boys between 16-30 years old commit the majority of violent crime. And Iíve given even more specifics as well. I donít only see race.
    You are correct, you dont see ONLY race, you consider age as well, other things as well I assume. But black is ONE of the things you notice as well. That's shouldn't be the case in our society.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #7583
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You are correct, you dont see ONLY race, you consider age as well, other things as well I assume. But black is ONE of the things you notice as well. That's shouldn't be the case in our society.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    But more so, race is not the determining factor. If I see a group of young white boys dressed and acting like thugs on one corner and a group of young black boys dressed and acting like church goers on the other, Iím going to walk down the street with the black kids. Racism would be the opposite of that. Racism is assuming the worst about someone solely based on their race or allowing race to be the determining factor.

    The difference between myself and Val is I look at a group of young black boys who are dressed and act like thugs and assume the worst. I donít give them the benefit of the doubt because of their race. I donít feel sorry for them because of their race. I treat them, how Iíd treat anyone who look and acted like they do. Iíd be cautious.

  9. #7584
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The "systemic racism" thing is not based on an ideological racist intent but more on the outcome of everything combined together. We have laws and fines and fees that are regressive (not racist). We have a past where cities "encouraged" black people to live in certain areas, and where as black populations went up white people left ... some of this was ideologically racist, some were not, the result is inner-city neighborhoods that are more black and often more poor. Poor neighborhoods tend to have more crime and as a result more law enforcement. The police in those areas see a lot of crime and because of the above they see more black crime and those factor into their view of anybody they interact with. Those same neighborhoods build up with businesses that feed off of people just getting by in the form of check cashing places, liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores. Also because of that concentration of poverty and a history of society seemingly making it incredibly hard to get out drug use climbs as does drug dealing. Welfare encourages single parent homes which means each house is more likely to struggle to get out just that little bit more. Over time the people see the city, their landlords, their employers, and the police all pushing them down which leads to a fundamental distrust of the system. Then stack on top of that a war on drugs that unequally targets black users/dealers and a push to fill our prisons.

    That is the system in place.

    What needs to be done does not need to be focused on race, it can just be elevating the poor and getting the government, employers, and the police to give just a little more room to move up.
    I agree with a lot of what you say especially the part about the war of drugs.

  10. #7585
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    But more so, race is not the determining factor. If I see a group of young white boys dressed and acting like thugs on one corner and a group of young black boys dressed and acting like church goers on the other, Iím going to walk down the street with the black kids. Racism would be the opposite of that. Racism is assuming the worst about someone solely based on their race or allowing race to be the determining factor.

    The difference between myself and Val is I look at a group of young black boys who are dressed and act like thugs and assume the worst. I donít give them the benefit of the doubt because of their race. I donít feel sorry for them because of their race. I treat them, how Iíd treat anyone who look and acted like they do. Iíd be cautious.
    It's not the DETERMINING factor, but it is A factor, and that is not a good thing. I'm guilty of it as much as you, but that's a bad stereotype that is perpetuating these undue burdens on people and we need to actively get rid of this sort of thinking.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #7586
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's not the DETERMINING factor, but it is A factor, and that is not a good thing. I'm guilty of it as much as you, but that's a bad stereotype that is perpetuating these undue burdens on people and we need to actively get rid of this sort of thinking.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Itís not that itís a factor. Itís that the reality is more likely for one race over the other to be dressed and acting like a thug. Everyone is guilty of prejudging people. Itís not necessarily a bad thing. Our minds are such that itís almost impossible not to make those quick judgements. Racism is using race in a negative way to make up those judgments. If I see a black baby and a white baby, I view them the same. I continue to view them same at 5-10 year olds. Itís only when they get to that 15-25 year old age that their attire and demeanor determine how I view them.

    Look at it this way, imagine I white kid dressed in goth and a black suburban kid. Which one are you more likely to ask directions from randomly on the street? Iíd say the black kid. The goth kid is putting off a negative vibe simply by how heís dressed. Itís similar to kids dressed like gang bangers.

  12. #7587
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You are still missing the point entirely. Iíve never said ďblack people commit the majority of violent crimes or crimes.Ē Iíve stated that young black men/boys between 16-30 years old commit the majority of violent crime. And Iíve given even more specifics as well. I donít only see race. Apparently, you do, because you continue to only qualify as a race. I canít prejudge a small subset of black people in your mind. Race is the only determining factor for you. Thatís racism.

    Of course I believe racism exists on an individual level but on the institutional level itís been replaced by the racism of low expectations. Our institutions fill the heads of minorities with the mantra that they are victims and treated differently than white people. Except it doesnít help them, it keeps minorities, particularly black people down.
    My apologies. You donít only see race, you see race and age.

    But look at the Bolded.

    A. You admit you DO prejudice against black people, you just think because itís not all black people that somehow makes it OK.

    B. Every black male between 16-30 years of age is not a small subset. Itís tens of millions of people.

    And as for you talk about minorities being told they are treated differently. Maybe thatís because you just admitted you do treat them differently and prejudice them, but for some reason itís OK because you only specifically prejudice 16-30 year old black males.

  13. #7588
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Itís not that itís a factor. Itís that the reality is more likely for one race over the other to be dressed and acting like a thug. Everyone is guilty of prejudging people. Itís not necessarily a bad thing. Our minds are such that itís almost impossible not to make those quick judgements. Racism is using race in a negative way to make up those judgments. If I see a black baby and a white baby, I view them the same. I continue to view them same at 5-10 year olds. Itís only when they get to that 15-25 year old age that their attire and demeanor determine how I view them.

    Look at it this way, imagine I white kid dressed in goth and a black suburban kid. Which one are you more likely to ask directions from randomly on the street? Iíd say the black kid. The goth kid is putting off a negative vibe simply by how heís dressed. Itís similar to kids dressed like gang bangers.
    If itís only their clothing that is what youíre basing your determination on, why mention race at all? You DO see race, itís why every description you give includes it. You try to obfuscate that youíre basing it heavily on race by saying itís about what they wear while also saying things like ďitís more likely for one race to act like a thugĒ.

    This allows you to justify your prejudice.

  14. #7589
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My apologies. You donít only see race, you see race and age.

    But look at the Bolded.

    A. You admit you DO prejudice against black people, you just think because itís not all black people that somehow makes it OK.

    B. Every black male between 16-30 years of age is not a small subset. Itís tens of millions of people.

    And as for you talk about minorities being told they are treated differently. Maybe thatís because you just admitted you do treat them differently and prejudice them, but for some reason itís OK because you only specifically prejudice 16-30 year old black males.
    Why is this so hard for you to understand? Itís not every black male between the ages of 16-30. Iím not prejudging young black males living in suburbia. Itís much more specific than that. In my next post, I stated about a white kid dressed in goth attire. Iím prejudging those kids too.

    More so, Iím prejudging them as they want to be judged. Kids growing up in the hood, want to give off a vibe that they are ďhardĒ or ďtough.Ē I realize as an adult, they are doing this because they are most likely scared of the environment but itís still their doing.

  15. #7590
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If itís only their clothing that is what youíre basing your determination on, why mention race at all? You DO see race, itís why every description you give includes it. You try to obfuscate that youíre basing it heavily on race by saying itís about what they wear while also saying things like ďitís more likely for one race to act like a thugĒ.

    This allows you to justify your prejudice.
    We are having two different conversations. It is more likely that kids growing up in poor, high crime rate inner cities are black. And itís more likely kids growing up in those areas are going to dress and act like thugs. We can discuss the reasons why black people are disproportionately impacted by poverty. I believe itís in part do to the racism of low expectations and Democratic policies which have driven inner city behavior for decades. Obviously this isnít solely a problem with young black males. But itís predominantly a problem with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •