Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 503 of 607 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9091
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    True. The gangs I dealt with as an advocate for drug addicts were seriously scary dangerous guys who were fine killing people who "needed to be killed". I've also worked with other bikers doing charitable work and spent time at huge biker gatherings where it was clear most of them were genuinely nice people ... but there are also some in those groups who will stab you for looking at them. Generally speaking I'm more concerned about a group of bikers than any other group of people I see but mostly because I've had some really scary experiences.
    I can understand that. Several of my residents at the VA facility were former bikers that were heavily into drug abuse. They would have been really scary to run into in a dark alley.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Your prejudgement is your problem. No one should be responsible for how you respond to the way they dress. Really a kid who dresses like a hip-hop gangster has no responsibility for your pre-judgment no more than kids who choose to dress like hippies in the sixties who weren't hippies. Your judgment of others is on you alone.
    In my comment I stated kids dressed like thugs and bikers have no obligation to dispel my prejudgements. However, it’s typically up to them to provide more information into who they are as people. You’re right, most times, it’s just innocent people expressing themselves in their desired attire. But we shouldn’t care as a society. Bikers and gang members are typically prejudged as violent because they are violent. Dressing like them only makes one prejudge as potentially violent. I don’t mind being wrong about someone because if I misjudge someone, it’s no harm/no foul. But if I don’t judge someone as just assume everyone is an innocent lamb, it only takes one to change, if not end, my life.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I guess the point is the police are so bad that our perception of them approaching us is akin to seeing young black men in thug gear or white men dressed in biker gear.

People should feel like the Police are approaching them for a positive reason, not a negative one. Yet almost everyone feels an immediate and inherent apprehension. That tells me everything about the way we police needs to change.
    My point is, we make assumptions and prejudgements all the time and typically we associate it more with the negative.

You don’t see a young priest and wonder if he likes touching little boys?

I was commenting on Joey's idea that it is up to people who are pre-judgment to disprove their opinion of them. Of course, if a place is a high class you dress properly. He is talking about people who are walking down the street.

I understand Joey's feeling. I have it as well to a lesser degree on this subject, but I don't expect them to reassure me that they aren't a possible threat. That is silly and in some cases with a few bad police officers deadly.
    Dude, I grew up in one of worst cities in the country. Chester, PA- seriously look it up and make sure to include the crime rate.

I now live in Omaha, NE. It’s the suburbs but I’m in Omaha a lot. Locals consider parts of Omaha as the “ghetto” but I just laugh at them. It’s funny how people refer to parts of the area. I live close to Council Bluffs, Iowa. It’s known for being very “white trash.” People refer to it as “Council-tucky” as in Kentucky. I think it’s funny anyway.

Yep. I am somewhat familiar with Omaha/Council Bluffs having had a daughter graduate from Creighton undergrad and Med School. We visited quite often.
    She lived in the northern part of Omaha for a time on Newport Ave. Not a great neighborhood. Her landlord wanted to sell them the house they lived in, but she didn't really want to live there very long.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Dude, I grew up in one of worst cities in the country. Chester, PA- seriously look it up and make sure to include the crime rate.

I now live in Omaha, NE. It’s the suburbs but I’m in Omaha a lot. Locals consider parts of Omaha as the “ghetto” but I just laugh at them. It’s funny how people refer to parts of the area. I live close to Council Bluffs, Iowa. It’s known for being very “white trash.” People refer to it as “Council-tucky” as in Kentucky. I think it’s funny anyway.
    Thought you lived in STL.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Thought you lived in STL.
    Nope. Grew up in PA. Lived in VA for 11 years. Moved here in 2019.

It was also a trend for upper-middle-class men to cruise together awhile back.
    Yeah, but those guys are OBVIOUSLY not a biker gang.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga by Hunter S. Thompson is quite the read.
    Most of his stuff is. I fairly recently learned about Thompson's funeral which seemed fairly fitting.

You don’t see a young priest and wonder if he likes touching little boys?
    lmaoo!! NO!!

You do??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tbf, you do have massive blinders on when it comes to pedophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lmaoo!! NO!!

You do??

Yes. And I grew up Catholic. Went to Catholic school. Always gave priests the side eye.

Yes. And I grew up Catholic. Went to Catholic school. Always gave priests the side eye.
    lmao! Wierdo

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Yep. I am somewhat familiar with Omaha/Council Bluffs having had a daughter graduate from Creighton undergrad and Med School. We visited quite often.
    She lived in the northern part of Omaha for a time on Newport Ave. Not a great neighborhood. Her landlord wanted to sell them the house they lived in, but she didn't really want to live there very long.
    I get my dental work done at Creighton. So much cheaper than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lmao! Wierdo

I couldn’t go to the local public school. It was a **** hole.