Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 428 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 6410
  1. #736
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,804
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't respect those things or people either. I don't know if your comments were only about those people, I guess it's possible I misunderstood, instead believing you were just talking about any people arguing on the other side of things here on this board. If so, then I suppose I can say sorry for that. Like I said, just touchy stuff I suppose.

    Also, I don't know how old you think I am, but I'm actually 25.
    Okay, boomer.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,935
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't respect those things or people either. I don't know if your comments were only about those people, I guess it's possible I misunderstood, instead believing you were just talking about any people arguing on the other side of things here on this board. If so, then I suppose I can say sorry for that. Like I said, just touchy stuff I suppose.

    Also, I don't know how old you think I am, but I'm actually 25.
    I don't know anything about you. You got all huffy on the internet with me and that's usually a tell-tale sign of some geezer trying to explain to me that the internet is serious business. All my comments are about the criminals we're witnessing destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of property per hour, not people simply protesting.

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,085
    Things are gonna get ugly in Chicago. Already major looting and destruction going on and itís still daylight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,996
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't think it is irrelevant. This is all about systematic racism right? If groups like BLM really cared about saving black lives, they'd dedicate their cause towards ending the overwhelming #1 killer of black lives - warzone gang violence, and Chicago is an area that's pretty central to a lot of that violence.
    So no one should bring up systemic racism unless they are already invested in inner city violence?

    What an odd stance..




    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-30-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,574
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't know anything about you. You got all huffy on the internet with me and that's usually a tell-tale sign of some geezer trying to explain to me that the internet is serious business. All my comments are about the criminals we're witnessing destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of property per hour, not people simply protesting.
    Fair enough, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So no one should bring up systemic racism unless they are already invested in inner city violence?

    What an odd defense..




    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No one should bring up systematic racism without support that it's going on. The part about groups like BLM was that to me, their goals feel disingenuous. It's not about saving black lives, or they'd be talking about what is obviously responsible for the overwhelming majority of the ending of black lives. Instead, it's about shifting the blame of a culture-wide lower economic and social status to an exterior enemy.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-30-2020 at 08:56 PM.

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,996
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't respect rioters or looters and never will. I certainly don't see them as monsters, just pathetic criminals. They're lucky old-timers like you give them so much leeway because I sure wouldn't.
    So if anyone wonders why there may be people planted and inciting violence, this is a great example of the effects of that. You basically seem to dismiss the entire initial argument being made here regarding racism because people are looting stores.

    It helps control a narrative by leading people down an illogical path leading to illogical conclusion.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,085
    Hereís some white people who could care less about the death of George Floyd destroying a cop car


    https://twitter.com/maltwednesday/st...690481153?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,996
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    No one should bring up systematic racism without support that it's going on. The part about groups like BLM was that to me, their goals feel disingenuous. It's not about saving black lives, or they'd be talking about what is obviously responsible for the overwhelming majority of black lives. Instead, it's about shifting the blame of a culture-wide lower economic and social status to an exterior enemy.
    I dont think its shifting blame, I think it's simply acknowledging reality. It's not all about saving black lives, true, they are not campaigning against gang violence, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and all the different causes of death of blacks. You are correct.

    What it IS about is systemic racism. Police mistreatment is a major facet of systemic racism. So these are the type of stories that fall within the narrative of their cause. Not gang violence, heart disease, etc.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,763
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't know anything about you. You got all huffy on the internet with me and that's usually a tell-tale sign of some geezer trying to explain to me that the internet is serious business. All my comments are about the criminals we're witnessing destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of property per hour, not people simply protesting.
    Heís a belieber


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,574
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont think its shifting blame, I think it's simply acknowledging reality. It's not all about saving black lives, true, they are not campaigning against gang violence, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and all the different causes of death of blacks. You are correct.

    What it IS about is systemic racism. Police mistreatment is a major facet of systemic racism. So these are the type of stories that fall within the narrative of their cause. Not gang violence, heart disease, etc.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In that case, I think there should be more evidence of police brutality. I don't think there is for all the reasons and data I've already cited. Black people are disproportionately arrested/pulled over/killed by the police? They also significantly disproportionately commit crimes of all kinds.

    Do I think it's about race? No, it's really more about social status. Black families are generally of lower incomes and children who come from low income households (as well as single parent households) are heavily correlated with crime and violence.

    Do I think it's the fault of white people? Nah, at least not ones who are alive today. I really think the only solution is time.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,713
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    In that case, I think there should be more evidence of police brutality. I don't think there is for all the reasons and data I've already cited. Black people are disproportionately arrested/pulled over/killed by the police? They also significantly disproportionately commit crimes of all kinds.

    Do I think it's about race? No, it's really more about social status. Black families are generally of lower incomes and children who come from low income households (as well as single parent households) are heavily correlated with crime and violence.

    Do I think it's the fault of white people? Nah, at least not ones who are alive today. I really think the only solution is time.
    If it is an issue of status then shouldn't we have systematic change on that issue then and this would all go away in your mind? Even if you think the issue isn't racial, systematic change is still needed and almost always fought from our leaders.

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,574
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If it is an issue of status then shouldn't we have systematic change on that issue then and this would all go away in your mind? Even if you think the issue isn't racial, systematic change is still needed and almost always fought from our leaders.
    You could also probably try to make a case that the police are just too aggressive and violent in general, regardless of race, but I'm not at all an expert enough and/or haven't seen the data to have that conversation.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,996
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    In that case, I think there should be more evidence of police brutality. I don't think there is for all the reasons and data I've already cited. Black people are disproportionately arrested/pulled over/killed by the police? They also significantly disproportionately commit crimes of all kinds.

    Do I think it's about race? No, it's really more about social status. Black families are generally of lower incomes and children who come from low income households (as well as single parent households) are heavily correlated with crime and violence.

    Do I think it's the fault of white people? Nah, at least not ones who are alive today. I really think the only solution is time.
    If I'm reading this right, you simply dont believe systemic or widespread racism exists. There are many other people like you, and because of this racism is brushed under the carpet instead of addressed. That's why we are having protests and riots today. People are sick of having this very real problem brushed off.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,640
    I think Biden's solved his black turnout problem. A matter of circumstance though, not anything he's done.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  15. #750
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,996
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    In that case, I think there should be more evidence of police brutality. I don't think there is for all the reasons and data I've already cited. Black people are disproportionately arrested/pulled over/killed by the police? They also significantly disproportionately commit crimes of all kinds.

    Do I think it's about race? No, it's really more about social status. Black families are generally of lower incomes and children who come from low income households (as well as single parent households) are heavily correlated with crime and violence.

    Do I think it's the fault of white people? Nah, at least not ones who are alive today. I really think the only solution is time.
    I'm a repost a post of mine from earlier. I'm curious about your thought on it



    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You're like brewers, you guys are missing the point. In your guys minds if this guy gets tried and serves time you will think everything is ok with the system.

    It's not. He shouldnt have been killed period. Yes, sometimes police treat non blacks like this, but there are clear trends, and yes some of those trends apply to socioeconomic level, but skin color doesnt tell you ones socioeconomic level, it just tells you wether someone is black or not. And that's how many black people are regularly approached. As a stereotype carrying lots of negative baggage.

    Me and you dont carry this stereotype. We start neutral, or close to neutral. So me and you dont understand what its like to deal with people on a regular basis who are approaching us as a negative stereotype.

    Even at a 10% hit rate, that means depending on location one of every 12 to 20 or more people you cross is coming at you light weight crazy, every one in something in some sort of authority position (even if temporary). That's a lot of pressure to deal with.

    But this entire reality is just repetitively dismissed by the right. Yes, the other side is very opportunistic themself, in a very different way. But that's a seperate discussion.





    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •