Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 497 of 636 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9529
  1. #7441
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    that's just ********. all police in a general matter? this type of thinking is why police in general are ambushed because of nonsense that all police in general are the same. this is the wrong type of thinking and doesn't help anything.
    Let me ask you....and be honest. If you're driving down the highway and see/meet a patrol car, what is your first instinctive reaction? No different than seeing any other car? Or are you looking down to see if you're over the speed limit, thinking about whether you have your updated insurance card with you, wondering if you came to a complete stop at the last stop sign, or any number of other things they 'could' be looking at/for?

    And if you say you think nothing at all, I call bull ****
    ....now, imagine you're a minority in the same scenario
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #7442
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I can't believe we are back to this yet again. the entire reasoning that he ever said what he did was because of other countries (no Muslims in America) that were radicalized, which is why he included at the end of what he said, until we figure what is going on. it was never an attack against everyone Muslim.

    but what he said was still wrong, which I said, and had no chance of actually happening.

    the travel ban that he did implement was supported by evidence, evident that it used the same coutnries as the previous administration.
    The travel ban he DID implement is meaningless as far as what he said and what he attempted to accomplish. What he said and tried to accomplish was completely diff than what he was able to accomplish.

    "Until we figure out what is going on". What bearing does this have on anything?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #7443
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,409
    lmao @ I can't believe we are back to this yet again..........from the supreme leader of back to this yet again
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #7444
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    18,089
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    that's just ********. all police in a general matter? this type of thinking is why police in general are ambushed because of nonsense that all police in general are the same. this is the wrong type of thinking and doesn't help anything.
    You don't live from their perspective, so your opinion doesn't matter
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  5. #7445
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,958
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Let me ask you....and be honest. If you're driving down the highway and see/meet a patrol car, what is your first instinctive reaction? No different than seeing any other car? Or are you looking down to see if you're over the speed limit, thinking about whether you have your updated insurance card with you, wondering if you came to a complete stop at the last stop sign, or any number of other things they 'could' be looking at/for?

    And if you say you think nothing at all, I call bull ****
    ....now, imagine you're a minority in the same scenario
    I'm not going to fear them, as if they are going to kill me or arrest me.

    what do you (or anyone) think is the percentage of police interactions with someone black that end up in an altercation or arrest? I bet in reality it's not as high as one would think. routinely the stories we hear about are when something goes wrong, but there are many more where someone black is not arrested or killed or even an altercation. if that was the case then black neighborhood would not support police.

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/...-presence.aspx
    Black Americans Want Police to Retain Local Presence
    When asked whether they want the police to spend more time, the same amount of time or less time than they currently do in their area, most Black Americans -- 61% -- want the police presence to remain the same. This is similar to the 67% of all U.S. adults preferring the status quo, including 71% of White Americans.

    Meanwhile, nearly equal proportions of Black Americans say they would like the police to spend more time in their area (20%) as say they'd like them to spend less time there (19%).
    if anyone black simply "have every right to fear the police (ALL of them, in a general matter)", then the numbers in this poll above would be much different.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #7446
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,958
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You don't live from their perspective, so your opinion doesn't matter
    the opinion of the black Americans in the poll I just provided matter, and they reject this idea that you mentioned.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #7447
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the opinion of the black Americans in the poll I just provided matter, and they reject this idea that you mentioned.
    That poll asks if they want a police presence......not if they want to be stopped on a snowy street in the dark and asked a bunch of questions. I prefer a police presence myself, doesn't mean I'm happy when they stop me for no reason I'm aware of.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #7448
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm not going to fear them, as if they are going to kill me or arrest me.

    what do you (or anyone) think is the percentage of police interactions with someone black that end up in an altercation or arrest?
    Altercation? Over 50%, easily. I would consider an altercation what happened with the kid in the snow before the arrest.

    Yup, easily over half.

    What do you think is the percentage, my white friend?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #7449
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Let me ask you....and be honest. If you're driving down the highway and see/meet a patrol car, what is your first instinctive reaction? No different than seeing any other car? Or are you looking down to see if you're over the speed limit, thinking about whether you have your updated insurance card with you, wondering if you came to a complete stop at the last stop sign, or any number of other things they 'could' be looking at/for?

    And if you say you think nothing at all, I call bull ****
    ....now, imagine you're a minority in the same scenario
    This is a good point. I've long said the distrust and negative view of police is in large part due to practices that turn police into nothing more than ticket money making machines.

    The vast majority of people's interaction with police is for police punishing them rather than helping them. If society only ever sees police when they are giving you a speeding ticket, it's hard for them to picture police as this benevolent group for good.

  10. #7450
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,958
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    That poll asks if they want a police presence......not if they want to be stopped on a snowy street in the dark and asked a bunch of questions. I prefer a police presence myself, doesn't mean I'm happy when they stop me for no reason I'm aware of.
    this many wanting police contradicts the idea that black people "have every right to fear the police (ALL of them, in a general matter)"

    it should be just as wrong to judge all police the same in handling of anyone black, just as much as it would be for anyone white to think black people in general are criminals.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #7451
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,833
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is a good point. I've long said the distrust and negative view of police is in large part due to practices that turn police into nothing more than ticket money making machines.

    The vast majority of people's interaction with police is for police punishing them rather than helping them. If society only ever sees police when they are giving you a speeding ticket, it's hard for them to picture police as this benevolent group for good.
    Not to mention, the neighborhoods in which police have heavier presences. Those areas usually consist of lower income areas of heavily minority populations. Those people are disproportionately targeted on traffic violations not just because of racial profiling (fitting the description) but because there are so many vehicle infractions you can be ticketed for. Window tinting, broken tail/head lights, past due inspections, etc.

    You don't see new Mercedes being stopped for those latter 2 things but you sure do see a lot of older Toyotas or Hondas. People who would have a hard time addressing those things (financially) being given exorbitant fines for minor violations.

    If those are the basic experiences with police, it doesnt set a good precedent for future encounters.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-08-2021 at 06:01 PM.

  12. #7452
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the opinion of the black Americans in the poll I just provided matter, and they reject this idea that you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    That poll asks if they want a police presence......not if they want to be stopped on a snowy street in the dark and asked a bunch of questions. I prefer a police presence myself, doesn't mean I'm happy when they stop me for no reason I'm aware of.
    To further Sitewolf's point, Special if they polled black people, how many do you think would say what happened to this kid was OK?

  13. #7453
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,958
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    To further Sitewolf's point, Special if they polled black people, how many do you think would say what happened to this kid was OK?

    I would bet a significant majority of them would say it was wrong.

    who said what happened to him was okay? not me.

    you know I said the police were wrong for what they did, I haven't defended their actions. the issue I've continued to have an issue with was the way he judged them before literally anything happened. that was not fair to police in general, which is why I have brought up comparable situations like people judging someone black before anything happens.


    \_(ツ)_/

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  14. #7454
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,936
    I want a police presence but I want the police to live where they work.

    My friends in the Oakland CA PD have told me that when they get a push to make more money they tend to target single white women in nicer cars. If they knew that was the trend I suspect white women in nice cars would make the assumption that the cop behind them may be targeting them and react based on that assumption. Go figure.

  15. #7455
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I would bet a significant majority of them would say it was wrong.

    who said what happened to him was okay? not me.

    you know I said the police were wrong for what they did, I haven't defended their actions. the issue I've continued to have an issue with was the way he judged them before literally anything happened. that was not fair to police in general, which is why I have brought up comparable situations like people judging someone black before anything happens.
    Whenever someone is struck and killed by a drunk driver, I blame the drunk driver, but I also have issue with why that person killed was even there at the time.

    That's how moronic your 'issue' sounds like
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •