Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 494 of 632 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9469
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Special, do you think these cops who arrested this kid for no reason helped the perception that all cops arrest black people for no reason, or hurt it?
    I think they helped that perception ... helped cement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think they helped that perception ... helped cement it.
    This is possibly peak Special hypocrisy. In this very thread he railed against instances of false racism as undermining the cause and then turns a blind eye to these cops' actions undermining police perception, and he railed against using false instances like "hands up don't shoot" to further the cause and then uses an instance when police do exactly what he argues they don't do.

This is possibly peak Special hypocrisy. In this very thread he railed against instances of false racism as undermining the cause and then turns a blind eye to these cops' actions undermining police perception, and he railed against using false instances like "hands up don't shoot" to further the cause and then uses an instance when police do exactly what he argues they don't do.
    Sounds like every day special to me...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No, they were justified in being afraid of that black person, just as this kid was justified being afraid of these cops.
    these specific police did not do a thing before Reese already had his mind made up. that would be exactly the same as someone white concluding every single black person was X, or every single Muslim was X, or whatever other ignorant conclusion people come up with about an entire group of people.

I guarantee you that there are black people that do not have this negative perception about police in general, I've seen this on social media.

it should be okay to say Reese was wrong for his judgement and still think what the police ended up doing was wrong, which I agreed with.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Special, do you think these cops who arrested this kid for no reason helped the perception that all cops arrest black people for no reason, or hurt it?
    this one incident was negative and hurt, but there are a lot of examples of police interactions with someone black that do not result in anything negative. but those rarely make the news.

\_(ツ)_/

all blackface is racist! ..except when it's actually not blackface.

these type of examples hurt the perception of racism.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ng-acne-facial
    Teenagers sue private school for $20M, alleging school misinterpreted acne facial photo as 'blackface'
    A pair of teenage boys who were removed from a prestigious California Catholic school due to an alleged "blackface" photo are suing their former school for $20 million, claiming they were using acne treatment facial coverings.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    these specific police did not do a thing before Reese already had his mind made up. that would be exactly the same as someone white concluding every single black person was X, or every single Muslim was X, or whatever other ignorant conclusion people come up with about an entire group of people.
    Such as treating every non us citizen muslim in the world like a potential terrorist and banning them.

Oh wait...

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Such as treating every non us citizen muslim in the world like a potential terrorist and banning them.

Oh wait...

you mean what I did not agree with.

\_(ツ)_/

you mean what I did not agree with.
    No, I mean what you initially supported, and then subsequently kept trying to justify after the ban didnt pass through.

*SHRUG

this one incident was negative and hurt, but there are a lot of examples of police interactions with someone black that do not result in anything negative. but those rarely make the news.
    And this would have been one of those incidents if not for the police.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, I mean what you initially supported, and then subsequently kept trying to justify after the ban didnt pass through.

*SHRUG
    the only thing that I supported was the reasoning behind it. as I went on to provide, the same reasoning that Obama administration identified the very same countries that Trump first picked in the travel ban.

there was never going to be an entire Muslim ban, but there can be and was a ban from certain countries with a lack of vetting.

\_(ツ)_/

And this would have been one of those incidents if not for the police.
    you know I agreed with that, right?

but that doesn't excuse Reese making this conclusion before anything happened, which is what he did.

if a certain President wanted to ban an entire religion because some in that religion were radical, would you support that pre determined conclusion? lets not waste time, of course you wouldn't, even if some in that religion are radical, just as some police including these police do arrest black people.

\_(ツ)_/

you know I agreed with that, right?

but that doesn't excuse Reese making this conclusion before anything happened, which is what he did.

if a certain President wanted to ban an entire religion because some in that religion were radical, would you support that pre determined conclusion? lets not waste time, of course you wouldn't, even if some in that religion are radical, just as some police including these police do arrest black people.
    No, but you would.

the only thing that I supported was the reasoning behind it. as I went on to provide, the same reasoning that Obama administration identified the very same countries that Trump first picked in the travel ban.

there was never going to be an entire Muslim ban, but there can be and was a ban from certain countries with a lack of vetting.
    Yes, the reasoning is bigotry. When you say let's treat an entire demographic as guilty because of what someone else from that demographic did it most likely falls under your standard racism and bigotry.

This example is bigotry, and your support of it is what I am pointing out.

The reason the ban only applied to certain countries was because trump wasnt able to ban every country, not because his reasoning was based off those countries.

No
    okay so now we are getting somewhere.

so if a President should not make a pre determined conclusion based on evidence of some, why was it okay for Reese to make a pre determined conclusion based on evidence of some?

\_(ツ)_/