Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 492 of 615 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm sure there were many times throughout Trump's presidency where his actions caused something else whether that was intended or not, like when he said to punch a protester. I've said that before but I imagine that was ignored like other times I said something against Trump, you and others must always conclude that I'm with Trump on everything.

what Trump said there was worse than anything leading up to January 6th. that was actually pushing something violent.
    Haha, special!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reese did not have to act any differently, and even how he did act didn't deserve what happened, but my point has been had he acted different and more respectful nothing else would have happened.
    Cant you same the same regarding trump and media?

It's always tough to follow your logic because it always changes depending on who you're talking about...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Cant you same the same regarding trump and media?

It's always tough to follow your logic because it always changes depending on who you're talking about...
    Exactly. I have seen him argue one side in a thread and in another thread argue the exact opposite at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then we agree, what Trump did contributed to the situation.

And if those two black guys ended up stealing his car, it turns out his conclusion was correct.

The kid was afraid they’d arrest him for no reason. They arrested him for no reason. Sounds like a smart kid whose fears were well founded.
    I know damn well that you would not approve of someone concluding that a black person must be a criminal before they did anything based on them being black. full stop.

imagine any police in general every time they saw someone black with what ended up being a cell phone simply concluded it was a gun because that happens some of the time. justified shooting because some of the time it's reality? no way you would support that.

concluding before anything that someone black is a criminal, ********.
    concluding before anything that police are racist and going to do something wrong, ********.

some of the time these things happening is not justification for that conclusion even if that ends up happening.

I know damn well that you would not approve of someone concluding that a black person must be a criminal before they did anything based on them being black. full stop.

imagine any police in general every time they saw someone black with what ended up being a cell phone simply concluded it was a gun because that happens some of the time. justified shooting because some of the time it's reality? no way you would support that.

concluding before anything that someone black is a criminal, ********.
    concluding before anything that police are racist and going to do something wrong, ********.

some of the time these things happening is not justification for that conclusion even if that ends up happening.
    I know damn well I would approve someone calling them a criminal after they stole their car. Full stop.

You’d maybe have a point if the cops didn’t do exactly what he was afraid they were going to do.

I know damn well I would approve someone calling them a criminal after they stole their car. Full stop.

You’d maybe have a point if the cops didn’t do exactly what he was afraid they were going to do.
    except the police hadn't yet done anything when Reese already had this conclusion. that was the reason that he himself gave. so this idea doesn't fit.

Reese himself had this conclusion before the police even started, thought this about all police. sorry but that is not fair and deserves to be criticized, just as the other way would also not be fair.

thoughts.

https://slate.com/human-interest/202...d-feeding.html

My Black Son Sold “N-Word Passes” to His White Friends
    Taylor asked us after dinner if she could talk to us in private and showed us screenshots a friend had sent her. Apparently, Martin has been selling “N-word passes” to kids at his middle school for $20-50! It’s been going on for weeks, and he had offered it to Taylor’s friend’s sister, who screenshot it and sent it to Taylor. They go to diverse schools for our area, but there are still a lot of white/non-Black kids there. Taylor told us that kids have been sending Martin money via Venmo, and she thinks he’s made almost $1,000. My husband and I are shocked and angry, and we don’t know what to do. Martin’s actions must have made his fellow Black classmates upset and uncomfortable, and I feel like a horrible mother and person. I thought we did a good job, but we must have done something wrong. We need to give him consequences, but I don’t know how extreme to go. Right now, I’m leaning toward taking away device privileges for a long, long time and confiscating the money. What else can or should we do? How do we confront him about this and apologize and tell other parents?
    black kid selling "N word passes" (ability to say the N word?) to other kids? apparently it would then be okay for those white kids to say the N word because they paid for that use?

except the police hadn't yet done anything when Reese already had this conclusion. that was the reason that he himself gave. so this idea doesn't fit.

Reese himself had this conclusion before the police even started, thought this about all police. sorry but that is not fair and deserves to be criticized, just as the other way would also not be fair.
    Seems like the kid was very observant. They proved him right. Are you mad at him for being correct?

bold, not something that deserved what would have happen, but certainly something that lead to what would have happened. again part of my point.

Reese did not have to act any differently, and even how he did act didn't deserve what happened, but my point has been had he acted different and more respectful nothing else would have happened. the narrative that he choose to believe before the situation even started is on him.

thank you for your example.. if you make a wrong turn into a high crime area and you see two black guys, if you are assuming that they are going to steal your car before they do anything then of course you have blame for that thinking. that is what Reese did, he already had a conclusion of what these police must be.
    It doesn’t absolve the offenders of all the blame. In my example, you can drive through an inner city and think whatever you want. If two men jump you and harm you, they are 100% to blame. They should be held accountable for their actions.

Similarly, Reese can think whatever he wants about the cops- correctly or incorrectly. The cops actions were still unwarranted and they are 100% to blame for this incident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfa...c-2b5f89bc9eae

Texas police arrested an 18 year old High School kid for walking home from his job at Wal-Mart.

Police were called and stated they were doing a welfare check. But if you were checking on his welfare and he said he was fine and did not need police, why continue to ask him questions and follow him?

Clearly, his welfare was not their primary concern. Suspicion of a crime was. This is why there is distrust for police.
    This post (#7194) was the beginning and should have been the end of anything resembling a debate on this topic. The police were entirely to blame, anyone remotely arguing otherwise should smoke a turd in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This post (#7194) was the beginning and should have been the end of anything resembling a debate on this topic. The police were entirely to blame, anyone remotely arguing otherwise should smoke a turd in hell.
    Welcome to PSD.

Seems like the kid was very observant. They proved him right. Are you mad at him for being correct?
    if he was correct then every single police officer is the same, because that is the conclusion that he came up with before literally anything here happened.

before the police even arrived for Reese to see them.. he already concluded police were XYZ. I'm pretty sure that you're smart enough to know that biased conclusion is not fair.

lets go to a comparison..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lding-up-phone
    Ohio police shooting: video shows unarmed Black man holding up phone

Andre Hill seen on officer’s body camera emerging from garage in Columbus a few seconds before being fatally shot
    Body camera footage shows a Black man emerging from a garage and holding up a cellphone in his left hand seconds before he is fatally shot by a Columbus police officer.
    shot while holding a cell phone, not a gun. but we know there have been situations where someone black did have a gun. is it fair for police to make that conclusion? we both know damn well that's not fair, I've seen you argue that before. Reese made that type of conclusion before these police did literally anything. but at this point you wont accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It doesn’t absolve the offenders of all the blame. In my example, you can drive through an inner city and think whatever you want. If two men jump you and harm you, they are 100% to blame. They should be held accountable for their actions.

Similarly, Reese can think whatever he wants about the cops- correctly or incorrectly. The cops actions were still unwarranted and they are 100% to blame for this incident.
    if you see 2 black men and assume before anything that they must be criminals, that that wouldn't be racist and wrong? everyone should know that that conclusion wouldn't be fair.

that is the same type of conclusion that Reese made, that ALL police were XYZ. sorry but he is wrong for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    How dare he be afraid that the cops who arrested him for no reason might arrest him for no reason!

The utter stupidity in this conversation would be absolutely mind boggling if it wasn't completely expected by a certain poster and/or posters.