Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 491 of 618 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 9259
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    whenever I think about situations like this it reminds me of the scene from Vacation where Clark Griswold makes a wrong turn but tells his wife 'this is a part of America most people don't get to see' before he gives a guy $10 for directions only to find out the guy isn't even from there
    I was actually thinking that when I came up with the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, he has his mind made up that blacks are generally treated more aggressively by police.

That's a fact. We should all have our mind made up on that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    some of the time, not in general. big difference.

going into a situation with police already concluding one thing does not help the situation. just as anyone going into a situation with someone black assuming they are some criminal with a gun would be ******** as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wes. Joey, Nasty. Please stop feeding him.

There is no debate here. It was over and done with a hundred posts ago.
    stop being disruptive. if you are not capable of conversation then that's your fault.

other people are capable of being in a conversation and don't need some troll telling them what to do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you agree that someone's action can cause a reaction and they are therefore partially responsible? Excellent! Then Trump's action caused the January 6th reaction and he is responsible.

I'm sure there were many times throughout Trump's presidency where his actions caused something else whether that was intended or not, like when he said to punch a protester. I've said that before but I imagine that was ignored like other times I said something against Trump, you and others must always conclude that I'm with Trump on everything.

what Trump said there was worse than anything leading up to January 6th. that was actually pushing something violent.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So 95% officers 5% Reese...yet you're still pounding the table to make sure we agree on the 5%?
    I don't GIVE a **** about his 5% because....95%
    5% is more than nothing, and that 5% will have contributed to the incident happening. that is the point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    But in previous comments, you seemed to be giving the kid some blame and that’s false.

When someone has a wrong done to them, we don’t analyze their decisions in order to assign blame, especially legally speaking.

For instance, if I leave my house, make a wrong turn to wind up in a high crime area and two black guys attempt to steal my car with me in it am I to blame for making the wrong turn in the first place? What if I fight back and the men shoot and kill me? Am I to blame because if I had just done what they said, I would have been fine? Perhaps, I shouldn’t have even left my house at that time of day.

The kid in this case did nothing to warrant the officers reactions. He should not have been arrested.

bold, not something that deserved what would have happen, but certainly something that lead to what would have happened. again part of my point.

Reese did not have to act any differently, and even how he did act didn't deserve what happened, but my point has been had he acted different and more respectful nothing else would have happened. the narrative that he choose to believe before the situation even started is on him.

thank you for your example.. if you make a wrong turn into a high crime area and you see two black guys, if you are assuming that they are going to steal your car before they do anything then of course you have blame for that thinking. that is what Reese did, he already had a conclusion of what these police must be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    5% is more than nothing, and that 5% will have contributed to the incident happening. that is the point.
    Trump is at least 5% responsible for the Jan. 6 riot, so according to your logic, he contributed and is partially at fault.

Trump is at least 5% responsible for the Jan. 6 riot, so according to your logic, he contributed and is partially at fault.
    sounds good. still not enough to warrant being impeached and being the main reason why the rioting happened.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sounds good. still not enough to warrant being impeached and being the main reason why the rioting happened.
    And this kids 5% is still not enough for you to focus on his part and not enough for him to be at fault.

And this kids 5% is still not enough for you to focus on his part and not enough for him to be at fault.
    except I never said that he was the one at fault. what he did contributed to the situation.

go ahead and comment on what I said about joey's example.

if someone white goes into a black neighborhood and seeing 2 black guys conclude that they are criminals, I bet you would say that would be wrong and not fair, which would be correct. that is exactly what Reese did, he made a conclusion about these specific police.
    Last edited by SpecialFNK; 03-02-2021 at 11:04 AM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

except I never said that he was the one at fault. what he did contributed to the situation.

go ahead and comment on what I said about joey's example.

if someone white goes into a black neighborhood and seeing 2 black guys conclude that they are criminals, I bet you would say that would be wrong and not fair, which would be correct. that is exactly what Reese did, he made a conclusion about these specific police.
    Then we agree, what Trump did contributed to the situation.

And if those two black guys ended up stealing his car, it turns out his conclusion was correct.

The kid was afraid they’d arrest him for no reason. They arrested him for no reason. Sounds like a smart kid whose fears were well founded.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean posters here would blame the white guy for going into a high crime area because he was probably being racist and did something to cause the attempted car jacking

Because minorities are never to blame and it’s those damn white peoples fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow. this is some heavy "White Man's Burden" vibe going on here.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

no, the POINT is it can NEVER be 0% but 5% is damn close to it

the typical murder victim has at least 5% 'blame'...would you use that in talking about their responsibility?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean posters here would blame the white guy for going into a high crime area because he was probably being racist and did something to cause the attempted car jacking

Because minorities are never to blame and it’s those damn white peoples fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You come off as a very sad and misguided human.

some of the time, not in general. big difference.

going into a situation with police already concluding one thing does not help the situation. just as anyone going into a situation with someone black assuming they are some criminal with a gun would be ******** as well.
    Clearly you're a white person saying this...lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train