Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 489 of 630 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 9438
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you know I agreed with the bold, right?
    But you seem to be putting blame on the kid instead of the police officers. The kids attitude/disrespect should have zero impact on him being arrested.

If I am walking home in snowdrifts unproperly clothes, I wouldn't want to waste my time chit-chatting with anyone. And let's not talk about my mood under those conditions. I wouldn't be a happy camper, to begin with.

Sometimes people are having crappy days and I wouldn't take anything they say personally. I just give them space to figure it out.

These cops were working from their egos and not their creed. To Serve and Protect.

Any rationalization of their actions is undermining this code. Who did they serve in arresting this kid and how did it protect the people they work for?
    Last edited by WES445; 03-01-2021 at 04:32 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I've already said the police at a point took it too far, that is on them, but it got to that point not because of their intentions.
    It got to that point because of their reaction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

there would not have been an incident had he not believed the narrative that he did,
    What narrative?

He just wanted to be left alone after a long day and not be harassed, that's a narrative?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Special is defending the cops harassment of a young black kid?!? Color me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The narrative that police would just arrest you for doing nothing? Yeah, that's literally what happened.

If this man is responsible for how the police acted towards him then Trump is responsible for the violence at the Capitol. You can't have it both ways.
    what ended up happening here, that I said was wrong. but you know there are a lot of times when that does not happen, right?

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You're blaming a 17 yr old kid....for not acting mature enough...more than trained adult police officers.
    You have no idea their intentions. We DO know the KID'S intention was simply to be allowed to walk home.

Maybe he should have called AOC.
    I didn't say he was more at fault. there was much more fault for the police, but it wasn't 100%. it may be something as simple as 5% Reese for being dismissive, and that action caused a reaction.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    But you seem to be putting blame on the kid instead of the police officers. The kids attitude/disrespect should have zero impact on him being arrested.
    nowhere did I refuse to give the police blame.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    If I am walking home in snowdrifts unproperly clothes, I wouldn't want to waste my time chit-chatting with anyone. And let's not talk about my mood under those conditions. I wouldn't be a happy camper, to begin with.

Sometimes people are having crappy days and I wouldn't take anything they say personally. I just give them space to figure it out.

These cops were working from their egos and not their creed. To Serve and Protect.

Any rationalization of their actions is undermining this code. Who did they serve in arresting this kid and how did it protect the people they work for?

I can agree with all of that. but why couldn't Reese have acted better, or even accepted a ride home when then was offered.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It got to that point because of their reaction.

I completely agree. their reaction. what did they react to.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What narrative?

He just wanted to be left alone after a long day and not be harassed, that's a narrative?

I already provided the narrative.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1364416025731751938
    "Young Black men like me, we're scared of the police because they kill and arrest us," Rodney Reese said. "That's why I didn't want to answer a question, I wanted to go home."
    he already had his mind made up that these police were going to be in the wrong simply becuase he was black as if all police are/must be racist.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Special is defending the cops harassment of a young black kid?!? Color me shocked.
    except for the fact that I have said many times now that the police had more fault, but some would rather ignore that and push some ****ing narrative.

\_(ツ)_/

I completely agree. their reaction. what did they react to.
    They reacted to someone not acting submissive toward them.

I already provided the narrative.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1364416025731751938

he already had his mind made up that these police were going to be in the wrong simply becuase he was black as if all police are/must be racist.
    No, he has his mind made up that blacks are generally treated more aggressively by police.

That's a fact. We should all have our mind made up on that.

Wes. Joey, Nasty. Please stop feeding him.

There is no debate here. It was over and done with a hundred posts ago.