Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 485 of 615 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Look at the title of the thread and maybe you will find insight into why your questions and observations in this post (and most of the others on this site) are nugatory at best.

You said you want debate? Insert “honest” in front of debate, and you can reduce your posting by 98%.

In the case of this incident, you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute. The police in Plano were to blame. No debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes they were.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and if they'd just done their job, it wouldn't have either

when it got a point absolutely. how did it get to that point, something caused that.

in the beginning the police were doing their job, they were checking on this person. they wanted to help, were respectful. yet some want to act as if the police were like WTF you doing and harassing him from the beginning, and that wasn't the case.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1365155897274748929

Pamela Smith becomes first Black woman to run national park police, immediately requires body cameras

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...g-body-cameras

Officers in the U.S. Park Police (USPP) will start wearing body cameras this year, the National Park Service announced Thursday.

The agency said in a statement that its new chief Pamela Smith will start a body camera program for the park police in San Francisco within 90 days and that the program will be “implemented across the country” by the end of the year.

Smith, who starts as USPP chief on Sunday, will be the first African American woman to hold its top job, the agency said in a statement.

The body camera announcement comes as the agency has faced scrutiny over uses of force, particularly following a 2017 shooting death and the agency’s involvement in clearing protestors near the White House last year.

The announcement also comes following a nationwide reckoning on policy brutality following the killing in Minneapolis of George Floyd by police.

“Body-worn cameras are good for the public and good for our officers, which is why I am prioritizing implementing a body-worn camera program within my first 90 days,” said Smith said in a statement. “This is one of the many steps we must take to continue to build trust and credibility with the public we have been entrusted to serve.”

USPP has jurisdiction over the country’s national parks and are a unit of the National Park Service.

what excuse is given that all police do not have body cameras? at this point they all should.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I agree. but how did it get to that point. once it got there, the police were at fault. but it didn't need to get to that. the police in the beginning here were not aggressive like they ended up being afterwards.
    To my knowledge, this wasn’t second hand footage from a bystander, it was recorder on the officers body came, therefore the entire encounter was shown. I agree, the police weren’t aggressive in the beginning and MAYBE they had good intentions but it’s irrelevant. He said he was “straight.” That should have been sufficient.

As for your question as to how it got to that point, while it’s irrelevant, it could be a number of issues- maybe they cops are racist, maybe because of improper training and years of dealing with rude people, maybe the officers didn’t have enough coffee. The bottom line is, it’s their job not to take things personally.

when it got a point absolutely. how did it get to that point, something caused that.

in the beginning the police were doing their job, they were checking on this person. they wanted to help, were respectful. yet some want to act as if the police were like WTF you doing and harassing him from the beginning, and that wasn't the case.
    Who cares if they weren’t harassing him in the beginning. They began to harass him and that was wrong, and he committed no crime to warrant the police response.

I must have missed the police (any of them) using a racial slur or acting based on his race.

everything about his could have been exactly the same regardless of race.
    It's your obsession with amd your approach to topics of this nature which makes me think that.

There's clearly some sort of illogical bias in your head which has somehow gotten complete control of everything.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

And he answered them. Case should have been closed at that point.

It got to that point because the cops didnt want to leave him alone, they wanted to exert their power over him. That is 100% on the cops.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

not one person said or even inferred the police were wrong in the beginning...not one...even you admit they were wrong in the end...and they alone bear the responsibility of their unnecessary escalation.

See the part you keep forgetting is....he had committed no crime, he wasn't suspected of committing a crime, and didn't commit a crime in their view. He was just a young man quietly trudging thru the snow after work, wanting to get home. Their job was to determine if he was safe and of sound mind, nothing more.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 02-27-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

racism is racism, regardless of who it is happening to. that is equality.
    White people have never been a minority in this country. Never been unrepresented in government. Never not the wealthiest. Never not the most powerful.

A white person's daily life is not affect by racism.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    White people have never been a minority in this country. Never been unrepresented in government. Never not the wealthiest. Never not the most powerful.

Yet they make up the largest demographic of poor people.

I repeat, “NO DEBATE”.

Which translates roughly into STFU.

racism is racism, regardless of who it is happening to. that is equality.
    Come on now special don’t you know only white people are racist!

Black or other minorities can never be racist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    how in the world would you EVER get through a day......without the word but

there's no but...officers were more at fault, there's no but...we're talking about 2 trained officers vs 1 17 yr old kid...and a black kid in today's environment at that.
    A black kid in today’s environment? Lmao did you live back in the ‘50’s and ‘60’s etc? Give me a ****ing break

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's funny, I just had an altercation with police a few weeks ago. He came at my lil brother side ways so I stepped in and started speaking my mind, I checked that dude real quick. I been dealing with cops my whole life man. It's an art form.

He did that thing where he run my brother ID through the system looking for warrants. Some of our lighter colored posters may not be familiar with this "norm" of ours, lol

Lmao LMFAO

I got stopped by the police two weeks ago and they asked for my id to run it though their system

THIS RIGHT HERE is the ****ing problem. Everything is about race. How dare a cop ask for an ID to run you! It’s only black people who have to deal with this

Then you have black rappers are rapping and saying the n word non stop

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

This is completely false.

Last edited by Brewersfan255; 02-27-2021 at 10:00 AM.

This is why they kneel

Nvm