Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 483 of 615 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what is that saying, it takes two to tango.

officers were more at fault, but there could have been better cooperation from the beginning.
    how in the world would you EVER get through a day......without the word but

there's no but...officers were more at fault, there's no but...we're talking about 2 trained officers vs 1 17 yr old kid...and a black kid in today's environment at that.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    correct....so why were you saying HE should have cooperated when he HAD until they went too far
    not really.

https://scoop.upworthy.com/black-tee...exas-snowstorm

"Hey man. You trying to get home?" an unidentified Plano police officer is heard asking Reese in the body camera footage, to which he replied: "I'm on the way home, I'm straight." The cop continued to ask him if he needs a ride home and if he is OK and at one point tells the teen that he was walking in the roadway. "My bad," Reese replied, later telling officers that he was walking on the road to avoid the ice and snow to the side of it. However, police continue to push for answers in the seven-minute encounter, repeatedly asking Reese where he is going and for his name.

"We're just trying to figure out where you're going," one officer is heard saying in the video.
    "Home! I just said that," Reese responds. Things then escalated in an alleyway when a male officer tells the teen that they were "doing an investigation" on him, which prompted Reese to ask: "I don't care. I'm going home." After they inform him that he is being officially detained, police are then seen trying to handcuff the teenager and alleging that he pushed an officer.

why couldn't he simply give them an answer. they weren't trying to harass him at that point. by refusing that it could cause things to get worse, and it did.

police certainly at fault then, but it didn't need to get to that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The easiest way for this situation to have been prevented was the cops to not harass him. He did nothing that warranted harassment.

Why is it so hard to cooperate? Because he doesn’t have to. It’s not his fault if police harassed him for something he didn’t have to do.

You believe the fault is 50/50. The fault is 100% the police here.

I don't think it's 50/50. police were more at fault, but I certainly don't think the police were 100% at fault.

the police didn't harass him in the beginning, they were actually trying to help. everyone should want police to be helpful.

he didn't have to, but if he did this incident would not have went further.

if the police simply ask someone their name or where they are going, and they refuse, that's their fault. even if that person doesn't have to cooperate, cooperating would avoid an escalation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    They asked him questions, he answered. What better cooperation is needed?

They wanted him to act submissive toward them and he didnt so it bothered them. That's neither their right as cops nor his duty as citizen. The only two who were tangoing were the 2 cops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    when the police asked him his name, please provide me information where he did that.

the last part of what you said is nonsense, and why some refuse to cooperate with police because they were manipulated with **** like this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    how in the world would you EVER get through a day......without the word but

there's no but...officers were more at fault, there's no but...we're talking about 2 trained officers vs 1 17 yr old kid...and a black kid in today's environment at that.
    the last part is part of the problem, as if any situation with police and someone black is automatically going to be something scandalous and controversial.

yes far too often there is too much racism, but in the beginning here this wasn't about race, the police wanted to help. yet already some concluding that it must have been racism. that type of narrative doesn't help.

he could have said his name and been polite, and with that the police could have and should have understood that he wasn't doing anything wrong and allowed him to walk home.

but had he acted differently in the beginning like any person should it didn't need to escalate.

I don't have to be nice to police, but it would stupid of me to be disrespectful and dismissive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

when the police asked him his name, please provide me information where he did that.

the last part of what you said is nonsense, and why some refuse to cooperate with police because they were manipulated with **** like this.
    lol, youre white, how would you know??

He told them he was good and he was going home. He was answering their questions which they were asking repeatedly even tho already answered. Your own post says it. Him not giving his name has nothing to do with why he was approached.

Last edited by nastynice; 02-25-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Unless you are detained, you have zero obligation to cooperate with the police.

As a lawyer, I would advise never speaking/cooperating with the police if at all possible.

It's the officers job to maintain the peace and be disciplined, not the citizen.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, youre white, how would you know??

He told them he was good and he was going home. He was answering their questions which they were asking repeatedly even tho already answered. Your own post says it. Him not giving his name has nothing to do with why he was approached.

if the police ask me my name I'm not going to be dumb enough to say something like no thanks I'm good. I'm going to cooperate and there will not be an incident.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Unless you are detained, you have zero obligation to cooperate with the police.

As a lawyer, I would advise never speaking/cooperating with the police if at all possible.

It's the officers job to maintain the peace and be disciplined, not the citizen.
    I understand it's not an obligation, but it should be common sense to cooperate with police. especially when it comes to simple questions like name and where one is going. that would just being smart and not leading to a confrontation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if the police ask me my name I'm not going to be dumb enough to say something like no thanks I'm good. I'm going to cooperate and there will not be an incident.
    So if he gave them his name they would have left?

You are a very ignorant person...

Last edited by nastynice; 02-25-2021 at 05:26 PM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It's funny, I just had an altercation with police a few weeks ago. He came at my lil brother side ways so I stepped in and started speaking my mind, I checked that dude real quick. I been dealing with cops my whole life man. It's an art form.

He did that thing where he run my brother ID through the system looking for warrants. Some of our lighter colored posters may not be familiar with this "norm" of ours, lol

Last edited by nastynice; 02-25-2021 at 06:15 PM.

I don't think it's 50/50. police were more at fault, but I certainly don't think the police were 100% at fault.

the police didn't harass him in the beginning, they were actually trying to help. everyone should want police to be helpful.

he didn't have to, but if he did this incident would not have went further.

if the police simply ask someone their name or where they are going, and they refuse, that's their fault. even if that person doesn't have to cooperate, cooperating would avoid an escalation.
    It was 100% the police’s fault. If they were trying to help and he said he didn’t need help that should be the end of it. He did tell them where he was going: home.

the last part is part of the problem, as if any situation with police and someone black is automatically going to be something scandalous and controversial.

yes far too often there is too much racism, but in the beginning here this wasn't about race, the police wanted to help. yet already some concluding that it must have been racism. that type of narrative doesn't help.

he could have said his name and been polite, and with that the police could have and should have understood that he wasn't doing anything wrong and allowed him to walk home.

but had he acted differently in the beginning like any person should it didn't need to escalate.

I don't have to be nice to police, but it would stupid of me to be disrespectful and dismissive.
    Apparently you do otherwise you will be arrested.

Being stupid or rude shouldn’t be an arresting offense though. Not under our current laws. Perhaps officers should have more power to “arrest” in these types of situations - to get someone off the street in potentially dangerous circumstances but that opens up a totally different discussion. In this case, the officers clearly felt disrespected, which isn’t a incident that should lead to an arrest or anything.