Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 481 of 615 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    A welfare check isn't completed just by the person saying they're fine. To properly check, they'd need to ascertain that for themselves. He was walking down the middle of the street late at night. That said, unless he did actually push an officer as they said, I'd agree they should already have disengaged and it doesn't appear they were justified in arresting him.
    With past horror stories about cops doing wellness checks, do you really want to die on this hill?

If the guy said he was doing ok and is heading home, that should have been the end of it. But no, they had to escalate it into a police confrontation and arrest. Over what, a wellness check?

A Filipino mom calls the police to help with her ex-military son who was suffering from mental problems. They put their knee into his neck to control him and now he is dead. Wellness check done, problem handle.

When I become a senile old fart please don't call the cops to check up on me.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-23-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    why couldn't he have cooperated. the police offered him a ride home, that is something to help. they weren't antagonizing him in the beginning.
    but speculation leads to.. racist police harassing/assaulting a black man for nothing.

this escalated beyond what it needed to, but it didn't get to get to that.
    correct, it escalated beyond what it needed to......escalated by the officers
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

why couldn't he have cooperated. the police offered him a ride home, that is something to help. they weren't antagonizing him in the beginning.
    but speculation leads to.. racist police harassing/assaulting a black man for nothing.

Blaming the victim again. One has the right to refuse help or chit-chat with cops. It was a wellness check for him, about his safety. If he told them to f off, he was well within his right, or should people go to jail for hurting cops feelings. Once again it was a wellness check.

Every time these stories come up, you are on the cop side and explain in detail that person moved too fast or slow or has the wrong mentality. Isn't that bias?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

During this massive countrywide snowstorm, I have many times walked down the main street because the sidewalks are icy and slick.

Will Rogers

because there have been similar incidents when a video starts after the police are reacting where some want to conclude the police are always wrong, when in reality that is not always the case.
    Unless a cop's life is in danger, when is punching the arrested person okay? Considering we know that isn't the case when there were 4 cops there and the man was unarmed, the rest of what you're saying is immaterial. Its police brutality.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfa...c-2b5f89bc9eae

Texas police arrested an 18 year old High School kid for walking home from his job at Wal-Mart.

Police were called and stated they were doing a welfare check. But if you were checking on his welfare and he said he was fine and did not need police, why continue to ask him questions and follow him?

Clearly, his welfare was not their primary concern. Suspicion of a crime was. This is why there is distrust for police.
    They just be harassing people on camera now, they dont even care.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    With past horror stories about cops doing wellness checks, do you really want to die on this hill?

If the guy said he was doing ok and is heading home, that should have been the end of it. But no, they had to escalate it into a police confrontation and arrest. Over what, a wellness check?

A Filipino mom calls the police to help with her ex-military son who was suffering from mental problems. They put their knee into his neck to control him and now he is dead. Wellness check done, problem handle.

When I become a senile old fart please don't call the cops to check up on me.
    I wasn't dieing on any hill, tho, I was just saying a welfare check is more than just 'you ok' 'yes I'm ok' and done. I was just suggesting that to do their job they needed to feel his mental and physical capacity at the time was normal....and they took it well beyond that.

I wasn't dieing on any hill, tho, I was just saying a welfare check is more than just 'you ok' 'yes I'm ok' and done. I was just suggesting that to do their job they needed to feel his mental and physical capacity at the time was normal....and they took it well beyond that.
    My bad. I just tired of hearing sad outcomes when people call cops to help with mentally ill relatives. A mentally ill homeless person was shot dead by three cops for throwing rocks at them. These guys are just saying f it and drawing their guns in these incident.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    My bad. I just tired of hearing sad outcomes when people call cops to help with mentally ill relatives. A mentally ill homeless person was shot dead by three cops for throwing rocks at them. These guys are just saying f it and drawing their guns in these incident.
    I understand, and you'd have every right to be many emotions beyond tired of this kind of thing. You'd also think officers themselves would have heightened mindsets on how they handle these situations. Fortunately THIS one apparently resulted in no physical harm or violence.

...and now the absolution of all 7 officers in the Daniel Prude case....our system is so broken

I understand, and you'd have every right to be many emotions beyond tired of this kind of thing. You'd also think officers themselves would have heightened mindsets on how they handle these situations. Fortunately THIS one apparently resulted in no physical harm or violence.
    Yeah, he survives a police encounter. It wouldn't be so bad if one can see changes happening to stop these kinds of incidents.

Will Rogers

how would people react if a company said black people should be less black. racist obviously.

should be the same when telling white people to be less white.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-be-less-white
    This perfectly encapsulates how you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of how racism works. It's like you've never experienced real life before.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

how would people react if a company said black people should be less black. racist obviously.

should be the same when telling white people to be less white.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-be-less-white
    That pic "to be less white is to be:" lmaoooo!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Hella reverse racist!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-24-2021 at 03:25 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    This perfectly encapsulates how you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of how racism works. It's like you've never experienced real life before.
    while that may be true, that's a HORRIBLY skewed approach for a company to take...certainly one as mammoth as Coca Cola....the terminology shouldn't be making it sound as if to be white means you are those things listed

Because he under no obligation to do so. Declining a ride from the police is not an arrest-able offense.

Itís not speculation to determine police harassed this man for nothing, itís literally what they did.