Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 479 of 623 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 9337
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This might not be the place for this but I could not find the old Kap thread.

Texas lieutenant governor, Dan Patrick, after learning that the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks had gone 13 games without playing the national anthem, announced that he would prioritize passage of the Star Spangled Banner Protection Act, which would require the song to be played before “all events that receive public funding.” “We ARE the land of free [sic],” Patrick noted on Twitter.

Priceless.
    You will be free exactly how we say to be free!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/st...e-by-police%2F

Waiting for the person who says the cop punching that guy with 3 other cops assisting him wasn't doing anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/st...e-by-police%2F

Waiting for the person who says the cop punching that guy with 3 other cops assisting him wasn't doing anything wrong.
    obviously there should no excuse for the officer the be punching the person.

but this video offers no context, what incited this action.

you're the same person in another thread said that if Trump hadn't done X then Y would not have happened.

If Trump doesn't fight election results at every turn up and to the day of January 6th, does what happen at the Capitol building occur? The simple answer is no.
    if this person did not do whatever it is they did, then the police officer would not have been in a position to do what he did.

but I do find it hard to believe that this person did anything that deserved this, was not what caused this abusive action. just as idiots that were rioting were not caused by Trump being wrong about the election. that was their fault, their action.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Classic.
    as is your post, classic you, unable or not even wanting to be on topic.

laugh, post an emoji, post another picture, do what you do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

you're the same person in another thread said that if Trump hadn't done X then Y would not have happened.

if this person did not do whatever it is they did, then the police officer would not have been in a position to do what he did.

but I do find it hard to believe that this person did anything that deserved this, was not what caused this abusive action. just as idiots that were rioting were not caused by Trump being wrong about the election. that was their fault, their action.
    I’m glad Trump’s situation has gotten you to now believe that what a person did prior to police brutality does not justify the brutality.

Where in police training is punching a thing? I mean I know I haven't trained to be a cop but I do know that isn't part of their instruction. Yes, he's resisting arrest but police officers have received tutelage to physically handle those situations without acting like a civilian in a bar fight. Not to mention, there are 4 officers there. A 5th one came by with a dog as well. I appreciate that now all of a sudden context matters to you but unless that arrested person was an imminent danger to the cops (he wasn't), that's not a way to arrest a suspect . The fact that the other cops don't stop him is a big part of why we saw so many people protesting and rioting during the summer.

There is a culture among cops to cover up for your fellow officer even if the actions of said cop are wrong and/or criminal. One of those officers should have at least told that cop to stop punching that man or should have reported it to his superior when the event was over. Only reason that got out is because a civilian took video of it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-21-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I’m glad Trump’s situation has gotten you to now believe that what a person did prior to police brutality does not justify the brutality.
    it would all depend on context and what lead up to whatever the incident was.

doesn't look like the case here but when someone resists arrest and fighting with an officer, causes the officer to react, then that's justified depending on their actions, compared to what this appears where a person is on the ground being punched unjustified.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where in police training is punching a thing? I mean I know I haven't trained to be a cop but I do know that isn't part of their instruction. Yes, he's resisting arrest but police officers have received tutelage to physically handle those situations without acting like a civilian in a bar fight. Not to mention, there are 4 officers there. A 5th one came by with a dog as well. I appreciate that now all of a sudden context matters to you but unless that arrested person was an imminent danger to the cops (he wasn't), that's not a way to arrest a suspect . The fact that the other cops don't stop him is a big part of why we saw so many people protesting and rioting during the summer.

There is a culture among cops to cover up for your fellow officer even if the actions of said cop are wrong and/or criminal. One of those officers should have at least told that cop to stop punching that man or should have reported it to his superior when the event was over. Only reason that got out is because a civilian took video of it.
    you quoted me saying, "obviously there should no excuse for the officer the be punching the person."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you quoted me saying, "obviously there should no excuse for the officer the be punching the person."
    But you felt the need to ask what incited the action like there is justification for what those cops did. If you agree with me that there is no excuse, then why don't you just leave it at that? Sometimes I feel like you argue just for the sake of doing so.

Sometimes, I am guessing from someone's response to this incident, that a good police gang beat down is warranted. Since we don't know the content of this beating, who could say it was bad policing?

Anyway, it is a police decision and the public has no said in it.

Here is where the cops should give a "Few Good Men'' speech that we should be grateful for their service and should thank them for it instead of judging them.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-22-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Police officers should be trained to de-escalate. But they aren't. They are trained to escalate, regardless of what their leadership says. They wouldn't be continually doing it if it wasn't what they were taught to do. There aren't all these bad apples everywhere. This is what the leadership is perceiving as good apples. Bad apples are the ones who aren't out there stepping on necks, punching people for no reason, etc.

More like the military "shock and awe" mentality especially with the no-knock raids. I guess that over-aggressive approach is for their safety.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    More like the military "shock and awe" mentality especially with the no-knock raids. I guess that over-aggressive approach is for their safety.
    And even when no-knock raids are banned by the legal process, somehow they still get used.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And even when no-knock raids are banned by the legal process, somehow they still get used.
    falls into the easier to ask forgiveness than permission category
    gotta love 'referential' treatment