Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 473 of 615 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you brought up real racism, but you wont cooperate.

I'm giving you an opportunity to bring up 1 or more incidents you think are real racism. if you're right I will gladly agree. you want to talk, lets go.
    I want you to talk about real racism.

I literally want to agree with someone about real racism and here you are saying something stupid.
    If you want to talk about real racism why don’t you talk about it?

Why is it incumbent for us to find examples for you to agree with?

Answer: you do not want to talk about real racism. Which is why you are not talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No, I'm not engaging in your attempts to diminish real racism. Its ridiculous.
    because you know the answer. she was wrong. this is what hurts real racism.

the police were able to show that she was wrong. how many other time has someone claimed racial profiling only to be wrong. that hurts real racism whether people want to believe it or not.

that doesn't eliminate real racism, that happens far more often than not.

whoever is lying whether it's Trump, media, anyone.. that hurts credibility.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I want you to talk about real racism.

If you want to talk about real racism why don’t you talk about it?

Why is it incumbent for us to find examples for you to agree with?

Answer: you do not want to talk about real racism. Which is why you are not talking about it.
    bring up an incident, go. name whatever you want. I want to agree with you, so the bold is false.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bring up an incident, go. name whatever you want. I want to agree with you, so the bold is false.
    No, you misunderstand. I want to see if YOU can bring up an incident.

I want to see if you can. Until such time the Bolded is true because you not only don’t want to talk about actual racism, you are trying to filibuster bringing up an instance of actual racism.

because you know the answer. she was wrong. this is what hurts real racism.

the police were able to show that she was wrong. how many other time has someone claimed racial profiling only to be wrong. that hurts real racism whether people want to believe it or not.

that doesn't eliminate real racism, that happens far more often than not.

whoever is lying whether it's Trump, media, anyone.. that hurts credibility.
    No I'm not engaging with you because your premise is ridiculous. Do we trivialize real victims of rape because false allegations of rape happen? No we understand that these things, although disgusting in nature, happen far more frequently than they should and the causes taken to stop them are sincere and are required of us if we want true equality.

No I'm not engaging with you because your premise is ridiculous. Do we trivialize real victims of rape because false allegations of rape happen? No we understand that these things, although disgusting in nature, happen far more frequently than they should and the causes taken to stop them are sincere and are required of us if we want true equality.
    it's the same thing with rape. those that lie about rape hurts the credibility of women coming forward with real rape.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's the same thing with rape. those that lie about rape hurts the credibility of women coming forward with real rape.
    If you're constantly looking for instances of something not happening to trivialize the events that do, you can convince yourself of anything. You don't want to bring up instances of real racism because you know they far exceed instances of it not happening and therefore it craps on everything you've stood in opposition of in regards to why, where and when people feel the need to take more assertive action.

I literally want to agree with someone about real racism and here you are saying something stupid.
    If you think the truth is stupid, than sure.

If you're constantly looking for instances of something not happening to trivialize the events that do, you can convince yourself of anything. You don't want to bring up instances of real racism because you know they far exceed instances of it not happening and therefore it craps on everything you've stood in opposition of in regards to why, where and when people feel the need to take more assertive action.
    bold, I know. I've literally said this. there has been far more examples of real racism than not.

but when someone makes a claim of something racist with nothing to support that then people can question whether it was real racism, and that happens because people have been wrong before. you should know this, which could be why you don't want to answer the question that I asked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this sure looks like something racist.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/polit...ity/index.html

Ex-Sanders aide: ‘We don’t need white people leading the Democratic Party right now’

if any Republican said, we don't need black people doing XYZ I guarantee the other side would pounce with accusations of racism, which I would agree with.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this sure looks like something racist.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/polit...ity/index.html

if any Republican said, we don't need black people doing XYZ I guarantee the other side would pounce with accusations of racism, which I would agree with.
    There is a whole paragraph missing from the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    There is a whole paragraph missing from the quote.
    doesn't change what was said and how it should not have been said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bold, I know. I've literally said this. there has been far more examples of real racism than not.

but when someone makes a claim of something racist with nothing to support that then people can question whether it was real racism, and that happens because people have been wrong before. you should know this, which could be why you don't want to answer the question that I asked.
    Wouldn't we need to see some numbers about false claims versus real claims to make any points here? A half dozen examples doesnt put a dent in the numbers that would be needed to show that false claims are a problem

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Wouldn't we need to see some numbers about false claims versus real claims to make any points here? A half dozen examples doesnt put a dent in the numbers that would be needed to show that false claims are a problem
    any false claims should be a problem, which could be why there is a law against it.

this for the woman I mentioned.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-union/103906/

Roychoudhuri turned herself in to police on Tuesday to face a charge of filing a false statement and was released after posting a $1,000 bond.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

any false claims should be a problem, which could be why there is a law against it.

this for the woman I mentioned.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-union/103906/
    Not if you understand that real claims are made. This stuff gets investigated, that's how you know about fake claims. Like in the other thread, where do we go from here. We've had this very argument for years, its more than run its course. We know where everyone stands.