Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 456 of 494 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 7396
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what? Does that make us uncool?
    Of course, I'm sure YOU didn't have to Google it to find the history of it.
    I live in a state with a population that's like 3% black. This stuff isn't exactly part of normal conversation.
    I wouldn't say it makes you "uncool". Yes, I never had to google the phrase to know that it has pretty obvious racist undertones. Seemed like common sense to me. It's obviously mocking black people. Plus FNK uses it all the time as a "not 100% obvious to everyone" way to mock black people.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I wouldn't say it makes you "uncool". Yes, I never had to google the phrase to know that it has pretty obvious racist undertones. Seemed like common sense to me. It's obviously mocking black people. Plus FNK uses it all the time as a "not 100% obvious to everyone" way to mock black people.
    Well, good for you. Want a cookie?
    Obviously, there's a mocking tone to it. But there is for things like redneck, saying y'all while not being from the south, etc. Mocking doesn't necessarily equate to racist. Apparently it does here, as of 5 years ago while I wasn't paying attention.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how is this racist? I have seen nothing with this phrase in connection with race.

I have only now for the first time looked up where this came from.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dindu-nuffin

I wasn't aware this is where it came from. I have always thought that it's a spin on the wording "didn't do nothing" but in more of a sarcastic tone.
    Its a direct mocking of how some black people speak, used to criticize a black person that was killed or arrested.

That is an incredibly and obviously racist phrase. Simple. Stop using it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Obviously, there's a mocking tone to it. But there is for things like redneck, saying y'all while not being from the south, etc. Mocking doesn't necessarily equate to racist. Apparently it does here, as of 5 years ago while I wasn't paying attention.
    Doesn't matter what happens with rednecks or southerners. They aren't systemically oppressed and haven't been unequal as recently as 50 or so years ago. They were never enslaved in this country either. They haven't been dehumanized or treated as subhuman like blacks have.

Just can't relate the two.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Doesn't matter what happens with rednecks or southerners. They aren't systemically oppressed and haven't been unequal as recently as 50 or so years ago. They were never enslaved in this country either. They haven't been dehumanized or treated as subhuman like blacks have.

Just can't relate the two.

I'm NOT relating the two....I'm not even questioning whether the term should be considered racist...and I never used the term. I simply said I was unaware it was now considered racist. I'm apparently not on the email list to be updated on such things.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm NOT relating the two....I'm not even questioning whether the term should be considered racist...and I never used the term. I simply said I was unaware it was now considered racist. I'm apparently not on the email list to be updated on such things.
    Its been obviously racist since its inception.

C'mon man, lol. Its always posted by the same exact people that post about the Obama birther bs, making fun of Michelle looking like a gorilla or a man, the same people that refer to blacks as "those people". Its just that cut and dry

Thankfully I've deleted Facebook, this is the most i get into discussing politics online lol

Last edited by blams; 11-02-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Click here to register!

Here you go, you deserve it:

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm saying your hypothetical was very flawed.

Yes, you have said the opposite... now. But this is what you do: start by saying it's the cops fault and then convincing yourself it wasn't. If you still think it's the cops fault in a couple weeks, I'll be impressed.
    there is no way anyone should continue to think the officer here wasn't mostly at fault, there was never a reason to do what he did. it might be 70/30 or 80/20 or even 90/10 the officer's fault. but if people can drop the partisan **** maybe they could see their was also an action by the other person. everyone is accountable for their actions.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

the bold is not true, look at where I have used it before.

I used it against AOC..
    it's not that there is anything wrong with it. but when she does this as an outspoken Democrat then the media is going to cover it. then when she says something stupid it is going to get criticized. I've shown stupid thing that she has said, but the reaction from some here is like she is completely innocent and dindu nuffin.
    I used it against Joe Biden/Hunter Biden..
    but Joe Biden or Hunter Biden dindu nuffin, and the same media wont even cover it.
    I used it against CNN..
    CNN had to settle a lawsuit with MAGA hat wearing Nick Sandmann, so lets not act like CNN is some innocent media that dindu nuffin.
    I used it against Hillary Clinton..
    what is hysterical is the same side that was triggered and unhinged over Trump and others talking about locking up Hillary Clinton, now think it's great for Nancy Pelosi to be saying the same thing about Trump. that is hypocritical, especially when there is less evidence of a crime by Donald Trump than there was with Hillary Clinton. left wing logic, Hillary Clinton dindu nuffin and Donald Trump is guilty regardless of evidence. forget American standard of innocent until proven guilty, it must be Trump is guilty because some people said so.

I've used this saying before when I was mocking people or a situation, never knew it had any connection to anything to do with race.

now that I know I wont use it anymore.

\_(ツ)_/

Very neat that you could cherry pick some instances where you didn't use this term towards black people, but your history on this site makes it very hard to believe what you are claiming.

Very neat that you could cherry pick some instances where you didn't use this term towards black people, but your history on this site makes it very hard to believe what you are claiming.
    I just proved you wrong, clearly these 4 examples had nothing to do with someone black.

\_(ツ)_/

You didn't prove me wrong at all. You often mockingly use the term "dindu nuffin" when talking about black people. Showing a few examples where you used that phrase towards non-black people doesn't somehow erase that.

You didn't prove me wrong at all. You often mockingly use the term "dindu nuffin" when talking about black people. Showing a few examples where you used that phrase towards non-black people doesn't somehow erase that.
    go ahead and show me where I said this to anyone black.

I just found 4 to contradict you, not one of them black, that support exactly what I said.

back up what you're saying, but I'm not expecting much.

\_(ツ)_/

Go ahead and stay in denial. It's exactly what I expect out of you.

Go ahead and stay in denial. It's exactly what I expect out of you.
    now you're just trolling. you said it, but can't or wont back it up. that's on you.

4 examples contradict you. unless you can offer something to support what you said, you're done.

\_(ツ)_/