Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 451 of 626 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 9380
  1. #6751
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Where was this???

    What happened to the officers???
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ideo-1.5777524

    That **** was in Canada. Where are the protests in Canada... Where are the claims of police brutality and rioting? Why is dbroncos pushing a video believing it to be from America when it's from Canada. I guess no research these days is required... Just retweet and re-post whatever you see from Twitter as fact.

  2. #6752
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,333

  3. #6753
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,033
    regardless of ANY of that, there shouldn't be the thought of throwing someone to the floor face first with their hands locked behind their backs......whatever else transpired prior matters not at all, I don't care if she (she didn't) spat on him or (didn't hear audio so don't know) shouted obscenities
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #6754
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what can be agreed on here?

    of course this officer was wrong and deserves to be disciplined for taking things too far.


    what was the officer originally trying to do? remove the person's hat/scarf/whatever? why was the person resisting that?

    I assume this was going to be the mugshot. what should have happened? the officer should have expressed that he was removing something for the photo? the officer should have done nothing and the mugshot taken wearing the hat/scarf?

    this doesn't look like a hijab/turban, so there shouldn't be the thought that it had to stay.
    I thought he was trying to check her hair for contraband.

    Whatever the reason, this should not have happened this way.

  5. #6755
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,333
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    regardless of ANY of that, there shouldn't be the thought of throwing someone to the floor face first with their hands locked behind their backs......whatever else transpired prior matters not at all, I don't care if she (she didn't) spat on him or (didn't hear audio so don't know) shouted obscenities
    the bold is true, but everything has some importance to the situation.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #6756
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,033
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the bold is true, but everything has some importance to the situation.
    no, it doesn't....explain what could possibly have justified throwing someone face first into the floor with no ability to block the fall
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #6757
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,829
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ideo-1.5777524

    That **** was in Canada. Where are the protests in Canada... Where are the claims of police brutality and rioting? Why is dbroncos pushing a video believing it to be from America when it's from Canada. I guess no research these days is required... Just retweet and re-post whatever you see from Twitter as fact.
    Perhaps the reason there are no riots against this sort of brutality is because this officer is on trial for this offense, which seems to be a marked difference from how such incidents are handled in the US.

  8. #6758
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,333
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no, it doesn't....explain what could possibly have justified throwing someone face first into the floor with no ability to block the fall
    it wasn't justified, and I said this.. "of course this officer was wrong and deserves to be disciplined for taking things too far."

    but the other person had actions too. they can also be wrong for their actions.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #6759
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it wasn't justified, and I said this.. "of course this officer was wrong and deserves to be disciplined for taking things too far."

    but the other person had actions too. they can also be wrong for their actions.
    Do you notice how often “you give with one hand and take away with the other”, thereby undercutting the sincerity of the first statement?

  10. #6760
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Do you notice how often “you give with one hand and take away with the other”, thereby undercutting the sincerity of the first statement?
    Hitler was wrong for murdering 6 million Jews, but the Jews were also wrong for violating German law.

  11. #6761
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,033
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it wasn't justified, and I said this.. "of course this officer was wrong and deserves to be disciplined for taking things too far."

    but the other person had actions too. they can also be wrong for their actions.
    no, once again, there IS NO BUT....there's no justification

    If you're saying she was there for a reason, and possibly/probably had committed a crime, fine, yes....that's not a justification for HIS actions. Period, end of story, finito, comprende?

    It's just like George Floyd and others....YES they may have done something to be in that situation, YES they may even have helped escalate it...but they did NOT do anything worthy of capital punishment.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #6762
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,780

  13. #6763
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm assuming your question is being directed to the handful of Canadian posters in here.
    Is there a riot going on or do they not do that in Canada? Only in America, I guess?

  14. #6764
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,780
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Is there a riot going on or do they not do that in Canada? Only in America, I guess?
    I am not all that familiar with Canadian politics, but I'd guess they don't have the equivalent of our Democratic party urging its constituents to riot in the name of peaceful protests.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #6765
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    I was curious as to Canada's policing regarding deaths. Funny enough, they don't have a national database to keep track of it but here is one source that I found:

    https://criminallawoshawa.com/2020-l...ice-in-canada/

    Here is their own database:

    https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/fatalpoliceencounters/

    Here is a summary of black deaths by Canadian police officers.

    The database reveals that Black and Indigenous Canadians are disproportionately represented amongst those fatalities resulting from encounters with police compared to the overall population. Indigenous people account for 16% of the deaths, but only make up 4.21% of the population. Black Canadians who died after police used force account for 8.63% and only make up 2.92% of the population in Canada. So black people are 3x over -represented in terms of dying to Canadian police officers while in America, blacks are 14% of the population and are 2.2x over-represented. And this is only the info the public has gathered from news reports by Canada. There could be a lot more that are missing since they do not have a national database.



    Is Canada systematically racist? Blacks die at a higher rate by police officers in Canada than America.
    Last edited by OceanSpray; 10-29-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •