Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 444 of 702 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    No, it wasn't. It had been there for months before Bubba Wallace ever got there.
    Yes, everyone understands that. It was handled properly and investigated as necessary.

Still odd that it was fashioned the way it was, at the very least by someone with a demented sense of humor and lack of a grasp on the current political climate.(imo)

I understand we don't KNOW which is why no one will get in trouble for it. Its all speculation but what isn't reasonable is saying that bubba and his team did something wrong by reporting it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Now if someone called that a butter knife would you say it's a combat knife or a butter knife fashioned to look like a combat knife (but not a combat knife)?
    I would call it a combat knife, because that's what it is.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Angelique Kerber • Maria Sakkari • Leylah Fernandez • Jasmine Paolini

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez • Bianca Belair

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes, everyone understands that. It was handled properly and investigated as necessary.

Still odd that it was fashioned the way it was, at the very least by someone with a demented sense of humor and lack of a grasp on the current political climate.(imo)

Clearly they don't. lol
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

I understand we don't KNOW which is why no one will get in trouble for it. Its all speculation but what isn't reasonable is saying that bubba and his team did something wrong by reporting it.

Not really. Not everyone is going to make associations to things that might trigger others. It's a quality knot. Clearly whoever tied it knows what they are doing. To them a knot is probably just a knot.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well then there were a bunch of slaves hung unofficially
    Double reparations are in order.

of course not, if we knew the why or the who the entire discussion would be different

so here's a quick question back....for what other reason would someone tie such a knot? if it WAS tied to be functional, that would be worse yet, yes?
    it's the same question that was asked months ago regarding the NASCAR garage
    Your answer confirms my suspicion. You are making assumptions that fit your own preconceived notions regarding the presence of racism. My first thought would be that on a construction site, a noose tied like that had some type of function. My worst thought would be that it was teenagers playing some prank.

But let’s assume you are right and this was tied by an unknown white supremacist to be a symbol/signal/warning. Who is it meant for? Random black construction workers? Why do we assume white supremacists are some passive aggressive idiots? From what I know of the KKK, they would burn crosses in black peoples front yards as a warning/symbol/signal not on some random patch of grass. Also, why do we assume something has racist intent? Why is our fallback the worst possible scenario ? That seems to me the bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Your answer confirms my suspicion. You are making assumptions that fit your own preconceived notions regarding the presence of racism. My first thought would be that on a construction site, a noose tied like that had some type of function. My worst thought would be that it was teenagers playing some prank.

But let’s assume you are right and this was tied by an unknown white supremacist to be a symbol/signal/warning. Who is it meant for? Random black construction workers? Why do we assume white supremacists are some passive aggressive idiots? From what I know of the KKK, they would burn crosses in black peoples front yards as a warning/symbol/signal not on some random patch of grass. Also, why do we assume something has racist intent? Why is our fallback the worst possible scenario ? That seems to me the bigger problem.
    People obsessed with racism are constantly looking to take the most insignificant things and try to spin them as racist, and then fail to understand how it hurts the cause that they are fighting for.

In reality, I wouldn't call it anything. I'd call it the rope on the garage door, because I don't make it a habit to walk around trying to identify everything as some kind of symbol of racism. For the sake of this conversation, I'd simply just refer to it as an overhand knot.
    It is not what is commonly known as an overhand knot:

https://www.google.com/search?q=over...w=1536&bih=660

Seems like you're wrong and just don't want to admit it.

I would call it a combat knife, because that's what it is.
    Much like how that knot is a noose. Because that's what it is.

don't get me started on Cousins......had they stayed with Keenum they could have (and maybe would have) drafted Lamar Jackson that year....didn't make the playoffs anyway that year, Keenum coulda done that...

Imagine that offense with Lamar, Diggs, Thielen, Cooks, etc.....

...not to mention still having the money to not lose guys like Everson and Linval, while maybe actually having a viable offensive line

now they're stuck with Cousins at least thru next season......watching Sunday I texted my brother 'Tank for Trevor?' after 2 weeks ago thinking deep playoff run..
    Cousins is an obvious back up for life. Serviceable. When he took a knee instead of spiking in Washington it should have been a red flag.

Agreed on Keenum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People obsessed with racism are constantly looking to take the most insignificant things and try to spin them as racist, and then fail to understand how it hurts the cause that they are fighting for.
    And some people are so obsessed with denying racism exists they'll deny a noose is a noose.

I'm not suggesting the noose was racist (the investigation proved at the very least it wasn't intended for Wallace). But it was a noose.

Just because you don't believe it was racist doesn't mean you have to deny the obvious.

It is not what is commonly known as an overhand knot:

https://www.google.com/search?q=over...w=1536&bih=660

Seems like you're wrong and just don't want to admit it.
    The overhand knot, also known as a a knot and half knot, is one of the most fundamental knots, and it forms the basis of many others, including the simple noose, overhand loop, angler's loop, reef knot, fisherman's knot, and water knot.

So, we'll do this again. All nooses are overhand knots, not all overhand knots are nooses.

You're wrong. Just suck it up and move on.

"Fashioned like a noose" doesn't mean it's a noose. Are these combat knives?

Ehhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And some people are so obsessed with denying racism exists they'll deny a noose is a noose.

I'm not suggesting the noose was racist (the investigation proved at the very least it wasn't intended for Wallace). But it was a noose.

Just because you don't believe it was racist doesn't mean you have to deny the obvious.
    Racism absolutely exists, but it isn't everywhere like some of you people believe it is.

This is what you're getting for Christmas! Are you happy now? It was gonna be a PlayStation 5!