Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 435 of 626 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9388
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    When you live in the inner city and you have friends killed on a weekly basis, you are willing to forgo certain rights to protect people you care about. Thatís not weird...thereís a difference between your personal beliefs and your civil beliefs, or at least there should be.
    What's weird is that you moving out changed your opinion on it. If you supported it while you lived there I'd assume you'd still support after moving out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I didnít even bring the fact that my suspicion was of four middle eastern men up to my daughter. There was no reason to.

Iím sure in certain situations, you would be afraid of my family as well.
    Yea, but the same way them being middle eastern caught your attention and then began a string of other terrorist related thoughts, you want to make sure your daughter knows what to look for too, right? I wont blame you for prioritizing safety over my feelings, especially not when it comes to your family. I promise you I wont judge you for that. Matter of fact, I'd judge you if you prioritized my feelings.

I cant imagine a situation in which I'd be afraid of your family. What situation would that be?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, but the same way them being middle eastern caught your attention and then began a string of other terrorist related thoughts, you want to make sure your daughter knows what to look for too, right? I wont blame you for prioritizing safety over my feelings, especially not when it comes to your family. I promise you I wont judge you for that. Matter of fact, I'd judge you if you prioritized my feelings.

I cant imagine a situation in which I'd be afraid of your family. What situation would that be?
    When your family is on a train with his. His family will be the one profiling yours.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But what you fail to understand is it's about the system, and not the few racist cops. For example, let's go back to crack carrying a harsher penalty than cocaine. So now we have cops everywhere arresting black men for crack who then get longer sentences. Say one of those police officers does something racist and gets caught and fired. That's good, but the problem of black men getting longer sentences for the same drug is still there. The negative effect on black people will always be there so long as that law is in place, no matter how many racist cops you find and fire.

Another good example is the Breonna Taylor situation. Getting rid of the Union may have resulted in those cops getting fired and/or charged. But you know what the bigger issue is? The No-Knock Warrant. The tenuous justification for getting the warrant issued in the first place and the police tactic of using home entry warrants for low level drug busts. So long as all those laws are in place, a situation like Breonna Taylor's is going to keep happening, no matter how many cops you are able to fire because you got rid of the Union.

To go back to the 1930's Germany example. You're saying that we need to fire all the brownshirts that check for Jewish papers and arrest them without cause and I'm saying we should get rid of the laws making Jews illegal.

Do you see the difference?
    Are you missing the part where I said to legalize all drugs? This is the system change. This does away with the laws that you claim are racist.

As for situations like Breonna Taylor, regardless if the cops are charged, they should in the very least be fired if they made a mistake. Iím not as concerned about whether bad/racist cops are convicted as I am with them still being able to serve as cops.

My concern was that my daughter understood safety protocol, especially on public transportation. Iím not concerned with your feelings. Thereís just no reason to get into details over adult concerns with a child. Do you have children or have you been around children? Tell them not to touch the stove when itís hot and see how many follow questions you get.

Everyone has prejudice. Everyone has those tiny voices in our heads when we suspect a situation could be dangerous.

Are you missing the part where I said to legalize all drugs? This is the system change. This does away with the laws that you claim are racist.

As for situations like Breonna Taylor, regardless if the cops are charged, they should in the very least be fired if they made a mistake. Iím not as concerned about whether bad/racist cops are convicted as I am with them still being able to serve as cops.
    We both want to legalize drugs, and that would help. But even doing that, and getting rid of the teachers union so they can fire bad teachers, isnít going to change that most inner city black schools are vastly underfunded compared to other schools (For example), along with the multitude of other systemic problems that go beyond just drug laws.

But itís a start.

What's weird is that you moving out changed your opinion on it. If you supported it while you lived there I'd assume you'd still support after moving out.

Again thereís a difference between my personal feelings/thoughts and my civil thoughts. I illegally purchased a gun when I was a teenager. Not something Iíd recommend now but in the situation I was in, I felt like it was necessary.

My concern was that my daughter understood safety protocol, especially on public transportation. Iím not concerned with your feelings. Thereís just no reason to get into details over adult concerns with a child. Do you have children or have you been around children? Tell them not to touch the stove when itís hot and see how many follow questions you get.

Everyone has prejudice. Everyone has those tiny voices in our heads when we suspect a situation could be dangerous.
    I know, proper safety protocol would be identifying the initial threat, correct? So I'm sure that lesson will come at some time.

I have many voices in my head. None of them convey any form of fear from your family. Obviously I dont know your family, that's why I was asking why I would be scared. Maybe you're right. What would scare me tho?

Again thereís a difference between my personal feelings/thoughts and my civil thoughts. I illegally purchased a gun when I was a teenager. Not something Iíd recommend now but in the situation I was in, I felt like it was necessary.
    Ok, so you support stop and frisk.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When your family is on a train with his. His family will be the one profiling yours.
    That wouldnt make me afraid. It would make me laugh.

I know, proper safety protocol would be identifying the initial threat, correct? So I'm sure that lesson will come at some time.

I have many voices in my head. None of them convey any form of fear from your family. Obviously I dont know your family, that's why I was asking why I would be scared. Maybe you're right. What would scare me tho?

Proper safety protocol in that get behind me/train divider if something occurs. It had nothing to do with the initial suspicion.

Since my daughter was a little girl, Iíve instructed her not to get into a vehicle or go with any adult she ďknowsĒ unless that person has the password that only her and her parents know. If she is suppose to go with that adult, they will have the password. Obviously, most adults in my daughters life are white people. Is this racism too? Iíve instructed my daughter not to trust white people that she knows since they would be the most likely perpetrators of a kidnapping.

When it comes to the safety of my child, your feelings regarding racism or politeness mean absolutely nothing to me.

Ok, so you support stop and frisk.

No. I donít. My friends are no longer being killed so I have no feelings towards it. Itís just my thoughts on the civics of it.

That wouldnt make me afraid. It would make me laugh.

You wouldnít even know.

read this blog this blog have five articles about stopwatch and timer and countdown etc.

Proper safety protocol in that get behind me/train divider if something occurs. It had nothing to do with the initial suspicion.

Since my daughter was a little girl, Iíve instructed her not to get into a vehicle or go with any adult she ďknowsĒ unless that person has the password that only her and her parents know. If she is suppose to go with that adult, they will have the password. Obviously, most adults in my daughters life are white people. Is this racism too? Iíve instructed my daughter not to trust white people that she knows since they would be the most likely perpetrators of a kidnapping.

When it comes to the safety of my child, your feelings regarding racism or politeness mean absolutely nothing to me.
    Of course it had to do with the initial suspicion, if there was no initial suspicion then it would never occur to you to mention safety protocol.

No that's not racism.

If that were true then you wouldn't feel the need to beat around the Bush so often.