Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 434 of 615 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 9218
  1. #6496
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Again, what do all other public sector unions have to do with this issue? There are firefighter public sector Unions. Explain to me what a firefighter Union has to do with this and I'll consider your point.

    I'm the one trying to solve the issue, you're the one trying to solve a separate issue (Unions).
    Itís not a separate issue. It is, the issue. All for one mentalities/protect our own has to stop in the public sector, especially in both police and teacher unions.

    Youíre not trying to solve the issue. You canít make people think the way you want or expect.

  2. #6497
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    OK, then I shall ask. Do you believe that currently black people and white people are treated the same (in general) under the law?
    You didnít answer my question but you ask me one?

    Ok. Iíll go first. I believe for the most part, black people and white people are treated equally under the law in that they are treated equally along class/education lines. In other words, poor, uneducated people are treated worse than middle-upper class, educated people under the law. The difference is black people are disproportionately impacted by poverty.

  3. #6498
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,018
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Since you've clearly demonstrated that you think anyone that has a different world view than yours, is stupid, I'm going to wear that as a badge of honor. Thank you valade. Very much appreciated.

    Now, continue on with your white and male (and any other subject) faux guilt while trying to turn people against the big red machine.

    In Bidens whisper voice....it's not working.
    You're so pathetic the only honor you have in your life is when someone calls you stupid

  4. #6499
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,018
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Itís not a separate issue. It is, the issue. All for one mentalities/protect our own has to stop in the public sector, especially in both police and teacher unions.

    Youíre not trying to solve the issue. You canít make people think the way you want or expect.
    To be clear: you're saying Unions are the reason we still have racism in this country?

    Doesn't seem like you're trying to solve the issue of racism, it seems like you're trying to solve the issue of Unions, and you're using racism as the veneer in which to do it.

  5. #6500
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,018
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You didnít answer my question but you ask me one?

    Ok. Iíll go first. I believe for the most part, black people and white people are treated equally under the law in that they are treated equally along class/education lines. In other words, poor, uneducated people are treated worse than middle-upper class, educated people under the law. The difference is black people are disproportionately impacted by poverty.
    For the most part is a pretty big qualifier. Seems like you acknowledge it's not equal you just don't want to admit it (I have no idea why).

  6. #6501
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No. I donít support it because itís a fundamental violation of our 5th amendment rights.

    If I still lived in the inner city, furthermore if I were an innocent normal black person, Iíd support almost any means to end the violence that impacts inner cities. Obviously thereís fine lines between giving up our freedoms and safety. Look at air travel. Since 9/11 we routinely have our rights violated before boarding a plane. Is it worth it? I donít know. Taking off my shoes and belt in order to secure my safety doesnít seem that terrible. The government is forcing people to wear masks currently. Is this a violation of our freedoms? Maybe. But seems like a small price to pay to not get the virus.
    Ok, so when you lived in the inner city you supported it, but since you left you dont? That's wierd.

    Haha, well of course all it is to you is belt and shoes. All it is to us brown mofo is constant random search and questions.

    I'm not.sying its necessarily a big deal, but you're illustrating the exact thing we are saying you are acting tone def to. You see it from your tunnel vision and then say that's why it's ok, and it's like ok, not everyone is white (tho I'll admit all the important people are).

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #6502
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,018
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, so when you lived in the inner city you supported it, but since you left you dont? That's wierd.

    Haha, well of course all it is to you is belt and shoes. All it is to us brown mofo is constant random search and questions.

    I'm not.sying its necessarily a big deal, but you're illustrating the exact thing we are saying you are acting tone def to. You see it from your tunnel vision and then say that's why it's ok, and it's like ok, not everyone is white.
    What's even funnier is he's the same guy that said he profiled some Arabic looking individuals on his train over travel.

  8. #6503
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What's even funnier is he's the same guy that said he profiled some Arabic looking individuals on his train over travel.
    Haha, oh yea!

    Thank god she was too young to really understand or else his daughter would have gotten the speech on what suspicious muslim looking characters to look out for, lmao! This time she just got the "anything funny" speech.

    Soon enough she will be taught what is "funny".

    My family would scare the hell out of his daughter.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #6504
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    To be clear: you're saying Unions are the reason we still have racism in this country?

    Doesn't seem like you're trying to solve the issue of racism, it seems like you're trying to solve the issue of Unions, and you're using racism as the veneer in which to do it.
    To be clear; Unions are the reason bad and racist cops are able to keep their jobs without much, if any, repercussions for doing their job poorly.

    Iím not interested in solving the issue of racism because I donít believe you can outside of the laws already established. Thatís not to say that racism doesnít exist. Itís just not the governments role.

  10. #6505
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, so when you lived in the inner city you supported it, but since you left you dont? That's wierd.

    Haha, well of course all it is to you is belt and shoes. All it is to us brown mofo is constant random search and questions.

    I'm not.sying its necessarily a big deal, but you're illustrating the exact thing we are saying you are acting tone def to. You see it from your tunnel vision and then say that's why it's ok, and it's like ok, not everyone is white (tho I'll admit all the important people are).

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    When you live in the inner city and you have friends killed on a weekly basis, you are willing to forgo certain rights to protect people you care about. Thatís not weird...thereís a difference between your personal beliefs and your civil beliefs, or at least there should be.

  11. #6506
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,018
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    To be clear; Unions are the reason bad and racist cops are able to keep their jobs without much, if any, repercussions for doing their job poorly.

    Iím not interested in solving the issue of racism because I donít believe you can outside of the laws already established. Thatís not to say that racism doesnít exist. Itís just not the governments role.
    But what you fail to understand is it's about the system, and not the few racist cops. For example, let's go back to crack carrying a harsher penalty than cocaine. So now we have cops everywhere arresting black men for crack who then get longer sentences. Say one of those police officers does something racist and gets caught and fired. That's good, but the problem of black men getting longer sentences for the same drug is still there. The negative effect on black people will always be there so long as that law is in place, no matter how many racist cops you find and fire.

    Another good example is the Breonna Taylor situation. Getting rid of the Union may have resulted in those cops getting fired and/or charged. But you know what the bigger issue is? The No-Knock Warrant. The tenuous justification for getting the warrant issued in the first place and the police tactic of using home entry warrants for low level drug busts. So long as all those laws are in place, a situation like Breonna Taylor's is going to keep happening, no matter how many cops you are able to fire because you got rid of the Union.

    To go back to the 1930's Germany example. You're saying that we need to fire all the brownshirts that check for Jewish papers and arrest them without cause and I'm saying we should get rid of the laws making Jews illegal.

    Do you see the difference?

  12. #6507
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, oh yea!

    Thank god she was too young to really understand or else his daughter would have gotten the speech on what suspicious muslim looking characters to look out for, lmao! This time she just got the "anything funny" speech.

    Soon enough she will be taught what is "funny".

    My family would scare the hell out of his daughter.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I didnít even bring the fact that my suspicion was of four middle eastern men up to my daughter. There was no reason to.

    Iím sure in certain situations, you would be afraid of my family as well.

  13. #6508
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,399
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    How do you make friends? Are you this miserable in real life or is it just a PSD thing?
    Speak for yourself, Mr. Grumpy.

  14. #6509
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,399
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Something tells me you're every bit as stupid in real life as you sound on PSD.
    Nah, him and his buddies are super smart, cool, and tough. Don't be a hater.


  15. #6510
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,018
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nah, him and his buddies are super smart, cool, and tough. Don't be a hater.

    lol.

    I'm gonna refrain from making fun of him. Wouldn't want him to burst into tears at the honor...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •