Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 433 of 615 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 9218
    Gotta admire Joey's partisanship.

"If you don't agree that all Unions are evil that means you don't believe in fighting racism".

I'm surprised he didn't try to say that if you're pro-choice or want universal healthcare you don't care about black people.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

"If you don't agree that all Unions are evil that means you don't believe in fighting racism".

I'm surprised he didn't try to say that if you're pro-choice or want universal healthcare you don't care about black people.
    How do you make friends? Are you this miserable in real life or is it just a PSD thing?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

We agree with the bolded. Where we disagree is you saying "black people and white people are treated the same under the law"

The fact you instantly go to the KKK anytime you talk of racism tells me you still haven't grasped the concept of systemic racism. It goes back to you assuming racism can only come from racist intent.

Crack carries a harsher sentence than cocaine. That was because of racist intent (making it a harsher penalty), but that doesn't mean every cop who busts a black man with crack or a judge who sentences them to a harsher crime is a racist. It means they are doing their job and following a racist law that they are unaware was meant to be racist.
    I didnít say they are treated the same under the law. I said you should view them the same under the law. In other words, if you violate another persons rights, itís wrong. It was wrong when the KKK did it. The mafia are wrong. Biker gangs (mostly white) are wrong. And black gangs are wrong. Do we agree on this?

I donít care about a law making harsher sentences for crack vs cocaine. All drugs should be legal and sold like alcohol in state licensed facilities. Itís a health issue for addicts. Itís an economics issue for dealers. Use basic economic strategy to take the profit away from gangs. Itís not that difficult.

Crack carries a harsher sentence than cocaine. That was because of racist intent (making it a harsher penalty), but that doesn't mean every cop who busts a black man with crack or a judge who sentences them to a harsher crime is a racist. It means they are doing their job and following a racist law that they are unaware was meant to be racist.
    This.

Most of it is really not intentional or blatant. A lot of it has to do with popular culture/entertainment/media in general, especially from the 60's to 90's, lots of stereotypes that ALL OF US unknowingly perpetuate in our minds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

How is it partisanship? Police unions support the same candidate I do and typically the same party I do. Iím saying get rid of all public sector unions. Seems bipartisan to anyone with a clue. You donít want to solve the issues facing the inner cities. You just want to keep telling black people they arenít as privileged as white people do you can garner their vote.

Absolutely not. I agreed with you on busting the police unions. I just failed to see how a teacher's union has to do with police violence (hint: it doesn't). You wanted to also destroy that union, because again, it's not about systemic racism. You don't believe it exists. For you it's destroying democratic ideals, so you view this entire conversation as a means to an end: to destroy some part of the Democratic platform.

Equating it to the 1930's, if I'm Neville Chamberlain, you're the Brownshirts with your "I don't agree with marking Jews and demanding their papers, but it's a means to an end" garbage.
    Police violence is a problem in the inner city. Education is a problem in inner cities. Coincidence that both these entities have huge unions which protect their worst members? Fire a bad cop. Fire a bad teacher. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    In fact itís not that at all. I believe black people are disproportionately impacted by poverty partly due to systemic racism in the past. However, this has been exasperated by policies in democrat lead inner cities that have all but forced poor people to rely heavily on the government. Government has literally replaced fathers in inner cities. This combined with the epic failure which was the war on drugs has impacted the black community and the crime rate in inner cities. Make drugs legal and sell them in a state licensed store. Stop allowing gangs to profit from a health issue.

I can agree with this part of your stance.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I did not support stop and frisk because it was a violation of 5th amendment rights. I stated that if I were a black person in the inner city, I would support it as a means to an end.
    I dont know what the hell this means. Do you support it or not? I just remember you posting what seemed to be you clearly supporting stop and frisk.

I didnít say they are treated the same under the law. I said you should view them the same under the law. In other words, if you violate another persons rights, itís wrong. It was wrong when the KKK did it. The mafia are wrong. Biker gangs (mostly white) are wrong. And black gangs are wrong. Do we agree on this?

I donít care about a law making harsher sentences for crack vs cocaine. All drugs should be legal and sold like alcohol in state licensed facilities. Itís a health issue for addicts. Itís an economics issue for dealers. Use basic economic strategy to take the profit away from gangs. Itís not that difficult.
    OK, then I shall ask. Do you believe that currently black people and white people are treated the same (in general) under the law?

How is it partisanship? Police unions support the same candidate I do and typically the same party I do. Iím saying get rid of all public sector unions. Seems bipartisan to anyone with a clue. You donít want to solve the issues facing the inner cities. You just want to keep telling black people they arenít as privileged as white people do you can garner their vote.
    Again, what do all other public sector unions have to do with this issue? There are firefighter public sector Unions. Explain to me what a firefighter Union has to do with this and I'll consider your point.

I'm the one trying to solve the issue, you're the one trying to solve a separate issue (Unions).

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    How do you make friends? Are you this miserable in real life or is it just a PSD thing?
    Something tells me you're every bit as stupid in real life as you sound on PSD.

Police violence is a problem in the inner city. Education is a problem in inner cities. Coincidence that both these entities have huge unions which protect their worst members? Fire a bad cop. Fire a bad teacher. Good luck...
    OK, then get rid of both the police and teacher unions. Deal? Or is that not enough for you yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont know what the hell this means. Do you support it or not? I just remember you posting what seemed to be you clearly supporting stop and frisk.

No. I donít support it because itís a fundamental violation of our 5th amendment rights.

If I still lived in the inner city, furthermore if I were an innocent normal black person, Iíd support almost any means to end the violence that impacts inner cities. Obviously thereís fine lines between giving up our freedoms and safety. Look at air travel. Since 9/11 we routinely have our rights violated before boarding a plane. Is it worth it? I donít know. Taking off my shoes and belt in order to secure my safety doesnít seem that terrible. The government is forcing people to wear masks currently. Is this a violation of our freedoms? Maybe. But seems like a small price to pay to not get the virus.

OK, then get rid of both the police and teacher unions. Deal? Or is that not enough for you yet?
    Sure.

Something tells me you're every bit as stupid in real life as you sound on PSD.
    Since you've clearly demonstrated that you think anyone that has a different world view than yours, is stupid, I'm going to wear that as a badge of honor. Thank you valade. Very much appreciated.

Now, continue on with your white and male (and any other subject) faux guilt while trying to turn people against the big red machine.

In Bidens whisper voice....it's not working.