Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 423 of 617 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 9244
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Was I defending him when I said he may just be stupid?
    I didn't see you defending him. Though I do think you are underestimating him by assuming his racial rhetoric is simply stupidity instead of intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First, let's be clear. You have definitely been defending him here. Perhaps you don't think you were.

Second, The best defense you can make is "maybe he wasn't talking about all white people, maybe he was only talking about German and Scandinavian people", as why he wasn't talking about white people...

Look, if you truly don't think he meant white people when he happened to talk about genes to a predominantly white crowd in a predominantly white state that has seen protests for black rights after a history of saying racially charged statements, that's on you.

Perhaps you're not being willfully ignorant then. You're just incredibly naive.
    lol read into it what you want...you're going to anyway
    I played contrarian simply because in my view there was a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 in the extrapolation.
    Doing so, and knowing more about the state, doesn't make me naive and certainly doesn't mean I'm defending HIM. When I made similar comments awhile back on a faux paus of Biden's funny how nobody wondered why I was defending him....and I wasn't, I simply wasn't making the stretch you guys find it so easy to on simple word choice. What would you like me to say....it COULD have been strictly racist? I believe I did already.

and speaking of misconstruing.....I didn't say he was talking to Germans and Scandinavians...I said most of who he was talking to have that descent since that's predominant in the state...and that many of them are so-called salt-of-the-earth farmers

He didn't call you out by name. You are just assuming you are one of "those people".
    by name, no....but I was the most recent poster talking against the supposed obvious answer...and he's basically answered the question since, quoting part of what I said
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 09-22-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I didn't see you defending him. Though I do think you are underestimating him by assuming his racial rhetoric is simply stupidity instead of intentional.
    I actually was asking dbroncs if he thought he was racist or stupid. I think it would be stupid of him to show his racism.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    lol read into it what you want...you're going to anyway
    I played contrarian simply because in my view there was a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 in the extrapolation.
    Doing so, and knowing more about the state, doesn't make me naive and certainly doesn't mean I'm defending HIM. When I made similar comments awhile back on a faux paus of Biden's funny how nobody wondered why I was defending him....and I wasn't, I simply wasn't making the stretch you guys find it so easy to on simple word choice. What would you like me to say....it COULD have been strictly racist? I believe I did already.

and speaking of misconstruing.....I didn't say he was talking to Germans and Scandinavians...I said most of who he was talking to have that descent since that's predominant in the state...and that many of them are so-called salt-of-the-earth farmers

by name, no....but I was the most recent poster talking against the supposed obvious answer...and he's basically answered the question since, quoting part of what I said
    My apologies. You weren't defending him, you were just defending what he said. Big difference...

where did he use the word superior?! all he said was good genes...he could have said that ANYwhere to ANY group...would it have been racist every time?

If we can find him saying the same thing to a minority crowd then it would definitely help kill the racist narrative...

But we don't have to look, do we? We already know the answer to that...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I actually was asking dbroncs if he thought he was racist or stupid. I think it would be stupid of him to show his racism.
    Showing his racism won him an election in 2016. I dont know the motivation behind his comments, but if this race is tight I wouldnt be surprised to see him revert to super racism just because he knows how well it worked last go round.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Showing his racism won him an election in 2016. I dont know the motivation behind his comments, but if this race is tight I wouldnt be surprised to see him revert to super racism just because he knows how well it worked last go round.

I still believe he won in 2016 more because of how bad a job the Dems and the left leaning media did rather than anything he did himself.

If we can find him saying the same thing to a minority crowd then it would definitely help kill the racist narrative...

But we don't have to look, do we? We already know the answer to that...

no, we don't have to look
    but part of my point, I guess, was....had Biden used the words 'good genes' to a group, not a soul here would have questioned why that word choice, it wouldn't have even registered as a question

I don't know, I think 2016 was quite similar in reverse to now....so many people used their vote AGAINST Billary more than FOR Trump....this time it'll be people using their vote AGAINST Trump more than FOR Biden.

not that he isn't narcissistic or whatever term you choose enough to think that's how he won last time, so let's play that song again only louder

no, we don't have to look
    but part of my point, I guess, was....had Biden used the words 'good genes' to a group, not a soul here would have questioned why that word choice, it wouldn't have even registered as a question

I don't know, I think 2016 was quite similar in reverse to now....so many people used their vote AGAINST Billary more than FOR Trump....this time it'll be people using their vote AGAINST Trump more than FOR Biden.

not that he isn't narcissistic or whatever term you choose enough to think that's how he won last time, so let's play that song again only louder
    Sure, well it would be strange even if biden said it but he dont have the track record that trump does.

With almost anyone I would assume that's a misquote or out of context. With trump, yea, I could see him legit saying insane stuff like that. Par for the course.

I'm not playing dumb and I know who he is.
    But not every damn thing he says is horrible or should be taken as horrible....Minnesota is also full of Scandinavian/German people whose grandparents came to this country to farm...or what some refer to as salt-of-the-earth people. There's as good or better a chance that was what his gene comment referred to.
    Oh, so it's not an act?

....yes, because referring to those superior German genes is so much better. My goodness are you out of touch (and slavishly loyal to a mindless buffoon).

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I would need to see Trump try and explain why he said this. I don't think it should simply be up to anyone routinely against Trump (here or media) to conclude what he must have meant.

I can't support or defend what he said because I don't know what it means.
    Thanks for your input.

He didn't call you out by name. You are just assuming you are one of "those people".
    He's good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, so it's not an act?

....yes, because referring to those superior German genes is so much better. My goodness are you out of touch (and slavishly loyal to a mindless buffoon).
    My goodness some of you have a hard time comprehending plain English while claiming I'M the one having the problem.

For one, how on EARTH can you have read all I've posted these past months and STILL call me 'slavishly loyal to a mindless buffoon' let alone fall into the same problem valade did and think Trump OR I referred to any superior genes.

My goodness some of you have a hard time comprehending plain English while claiming I'M the one having the problem.

For one, how on EARTH can you have read all I've posted these past months and STILL call me 'slavishly loyal to a mindless buffoon' let alone fall into the same problem valade did and think Trump OR I referred to any superior genes.
    It wasn't a problem, it was reading what he said. If you want to hide behind the fact he didn't say the word 'superior' be my guest.

What is next? If Trump says "black people are the problem in this country" and you going to say "show me where he said all black people are the problem"?

It wasn't a problem, it was reading what he said. If you want to hide behind the fact he didn't say the word 'superior' be my guest.

What is next? If Trump says "black people are the problem in this country" and you going to say "show me where he said all black people are the problem"?
    Then it was a problem reading what he said......or the quotes I've seen are incomplete or inaccurate...because all I'VE seen for a quote is this:
    “You have good genes, you know that, right? You have good genes. A lot of it is about the genes, isn’t it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory. You think we’re so different? You have good genes in Minnesota.”

yes, he 'invoked' the racehorse theory, ya got me there...

But I'm done with this....another case of 'I don't know why I bothered to comment at all'
    As I said before...think whatever the hell you want about me, I still know who I am and what I'm not.