Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 422 of 615 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Eugenics is a classic justification for racism. He is clearly a crazy bigot or pandering to the extreme element in the crowd. I guess itís fun to play dumb but I think at some point people should draw a line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not playing dumb and I know who he is.
    But not every damn thing he says is horrible or should be taken as horrible....Minnesota is also full of Scandinavian/German people whose grandparents came to this country to farm...or what some refer to as salt-of-the-earth people. There's as good or better a chance that was what his gene comment referred to.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    But not every damn thing he says is horrible or should be taken as horrible....Minnesota is also full of Scandinavian/German people whose grandparents came to this country to farm...or what some refer to as salt-of-the-earth people. There's as good or better a chance that was what his gene comment referred to.
    Iím going to continue to believe the you donít actually think he was referring to the superiority of German genetics but intended no racial inference. I think you should draw a line

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Trump at a rally in Minnesota:

"You have good genes, you know that right? You have good genes. A lot of it is about genes, isn't it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory. You think we're so different? You have good genes in Minnesota"

He is not even trying to hide his appeals at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You guys dont find what he said a little disturbing?

I'm not saying to flip on the guy, you can still overall support him, but that's not a troubling thing to say?

*I'll admit I dont know the context here, I'm going based off the above quote..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    As I remember he didnít really supply any context other then the quote itself so it is kind of up to the listener to assume who he is talking to or about.

I would need to see Trump try and explain why he said this. I don't think it should simply be up to anyone routinely against Trump (here or media) to conclude what he must have meant.

I can't support or defend what he said because I don't know what it means.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Not all, some. What group of people do you think he is pandering to when he says ďyou have great genes....Ē ?

using this logic, who is Joe Biden pandering to when he says certain things. he wanted to name a running mate that was a woman, of color.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's all quite pathetic. But it is also humorous because he craves the adulation of the very people he hates the most.
    I think he values all people not named Trump as equally worthless when they are not specifically doing something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dunno, that seems pretty extreme. You have good genes, lol, wtf.

I almost feel like I gotta see it in context before judging it, cuz its almost kinda unbelievable, lol, like wtf is that supposed to mean?

I dont even know...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It's pretty common for politicians to talk up the heritage of the audience ... "You folks are the core of the nation", "Your ability to build things is what keeps this country moving", "The work ethic here is central to the American dream" and such platitudes. Most politicians are just smart enough to not actually say it's genetic.

Making it specifically genetic and not cultural was a mistake, or it was stupid, or it was racist. There really isn't a take where it wasn't one of those 3 options.

Iím going to continue to believe the you donít actually think he was referring to the superiority of German genetics but intended no racial inference. I think you should draw a line

where did he use the word superior?! all he said was good genes...he could have said that ANYwhere to ANY group...would it have been racist every time?

I'm not defending his dumb ***....I just have serious issues with the mindset some have developed...and then to read about people thinking it's just good for the country or logical to vote straight ticket when what that means is some good candidates will lose votes and bad candidates will gain them just because they know Trump sucks. Trump has little to do with what goes on within my state legislature, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    using this logic, who is Joe Biden pandering to when he says certain things. he wanted to name a running mate that was a woman, of color.
    Narrowing his choice of running mates to women who are minorities could definitely be seen as pandering to those groups. Trump is pandering to white nationalists. Thatís more frowned upon

This is why they kneel

where did he use the word superior?! all he said was good genes...he could have said that ANYwhere to ANY group...would it have been racist every time?

I'm not defending his dumb ***....I just have serious issues with the mindset some have developed...and then to read about people thinking it's just good for the country or logical to vote straight ticket when what that means is some good candidates will lose votes and bad candidates will gain them just because they know Trump sucks. Trump has little to do with what goes on within my state legislature, for example.
    I agree with not voting a party line and Trump not being representative of all Republicans at all. I also stand by my original statement

Last edited by ewing; 09-22-2020 at 12:21 PM.

What a shock, to see the usual people run in here to defend his statements. Ewing, you asked "where do you draw the line?" the answer is: they don't.

I agree, they are playing stupid. They're not that dumb, but they have to pretend to be because it's the only way to defend him.

What a shock, to see the usual people run in here to defend his statements. Ewing, you asked "where do you draw the line?" the answer is: they don't.

I agree, they are playing stupid. They're not that dumb, but they have to pretend to be because it's the only way to defend him.
    so even tho I'm not defending him, I'm playing stupid just because I don't automatically assume 'good genes' means 'you beautifully superior white people'?

so even tho I'm not defending him, I'm playing stupid just because I don't automatically assume 'good genes' means 'you beautifully superior white people'?
    First, let's be clear. You have definitely been defending him here. Perhaps you don't think you were.

Second, The best defense you can make is "maybe he wasn't talking about all white people, maybe he was only talking about German and Scandinavian people", as why he wasn't talking about white people...

Look, if you truly don't think he meant white people when he happened to talk about genes to a predominantly white crowd in a predominantly white state that has seen protests for black rights after a history of saying racially charged statements, that's on you.

Perhaps you're not being willfully ignorant then. You're just incredibly naive.

He didn't call you out by name. You are just assuming you are one of "those people".

First, let's be clear. You have definitely been defending him here. Perhaps you don't think you were.

Second, The best defense you can make is "maybe he wasn't talking about all white people, maybe he was only talking about German and Scandinavian people", as why he wasn't talking about white people...

Look, if you truly don't think he meant white people when he happened to talk about genes to a predominantly white crowd in a predominantly white state that has seen protests for black rights after a history of saying racially charged statements, that's on you.

Perhaps you're not being willfully ignorant then. You're just incredibly naive.
    Was I defending him when I said he may just be stupid?