Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 430 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    would his arrest and charges have happened with only protesting and no rioting? I would bet money yes. millions of people could legally protest without rioting and get the same results.
    I don't know the answer to that. There are plenty of cases involving police brutality that are never prosecuted even when there is enough evidence to proceed with a criminal case. Can we assume he would be arrested, eventually? Sure but is it definitive? In this country, no.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-30-2020 at 10:16 AM.

this is smart. it's faulty and dangerous to generalize all police officers. that doesn't help racial injustice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Again that doesn't change the fact that prosecutors have the ability to amend charges up until the trial begins. They could have arrested this man sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Did you, er, look at the post below the one you quoted?
    You don’t know if it was him. You are as bad as Brewers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You don’t know if it was him. You are as bad as Brewers

Would I bet my life on it? No, but it's very likely him. His ex identified the mask.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Again that doesn't change the fact that prosecutors have the ability to amend charges up until the trial begins. They could have arrested this man sooner.
    I would think it would be better to investigate and then arrest, but I could understand arrests being made sooner with charges coming.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I believe there were 3 other cops there. Answer this honestly, what do you think happens to the person who tries to stop the cop from having his knee on the guys back?
    oh I know....might not have been pretty...and don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have the video. But even tho I'm an overweight white guy, I don't think I could have just stood there, regardless of the outcome.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Here's the video, dude's obviously a cop/plant
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    no, they couldn't....not without the potential of creating a mistrial....there are procedures to follow in investigations involving an officer...it's the same reason the other 3 are thus far not charged
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Here this tweet reveals more than the last one.

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Here's the video, dude's obviously a cop/plant
    Just stop

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

people should speak up, that rioting is not acceptable.

I understand the ‘violence Is not the answer’ angle. And in an ideal world I would agree. However, everyone has a breaking point. We commend people who strike back against bullies. If something happened to your wife or a child how many people wouldn’t understand a violent reaction from you. Hell, probably 1/10 movies made are some sort of celebration of this type of vigilante justice. They are the heroes. Now what’s the breaking point for an entire race of people who are targeted and often bullied by the very people who are supposed to protect them (government, justice system, police)? Probably everyone out there has a story of being targeted simply for how they look and can see how that could have been them. I don’t support the violence but I certainly understand their outraged reaction and can see how events led to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Just stop

Oh **** off. I know the first few tweets didn't show much. But I've backed up my point now. Don't be salty.
    Last edited by Walter_White; 05-30-2020 at 10:33 AM.

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I understand the ‘violence Is not the answer’ angle. And in an ideal world I would agree. However, everyone has a breaking point. We commend people who strike back against bullies. If something happened to your wife or a child how many people wouldn’t understand a violent reaction from you. Hell, probably 1/10 movies made are some sort of celebration of this type of vigilante justice. They are the heroes. Now what’s the breaking point for an entire race of people who are targeted and often bullied by the very people who are supposed to protect them (government, justice system, police)? Probably everyone out there has a story of being targeted simply for how they look and can see how that could have been them. I don’t support the violence but I certainly understand their outraged reaction and can see how events led to this.
    if this officer was not convicted then I would understand.

wouldn't that also go to the specific charges? 1st degree murder would mean the officer premeditated to kill George Floyd. if there isn't evidence of that then a charge of 1st degree murder is too much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.insider.com/george-floyd...ate-him-2020-5

George Floyd's girlfriend says the sight of Minneapolis burning would 'devastate' him, and calls for calm
    George Floyd's girlfriend has called for calm in Minneapolis, saying he would be "devastated" if he saw the city burning after the third night of protests in the city escalated into looting and violence.

Courteney Ross, who has been with Floyd for the last three years, told the StarTribune: "I am heartbroken. Waking up this morning to see Minneapolis on fire would be something that would devastate Floyd."

"He loved the city. He came here [from Houston] and stayed here for the people and the opportunities… Floyd was a gentle giant. He was about love and about peace," she added.

Ross said she "understood the frustration" but that she wants people "to protest in a peaceful way."

just protesting, right, nothing unruly at all..

most people rioting and burning buildings don't want justice, they want revenge. that doesn't help.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯