Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 408 of 494 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 7396
  1. #6106
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    38,141
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'm in West Palm. I love the gulf though. My mom had a place in Destin in the "redneck riviera". It's paradise. Nicest people on the planet. Very little industry there unfortunately. I'd retire there.
    I had a great time. Probably the best cities I’ve visited that I’d consider moving to are San Diego and San Antonio. I absolutely hated NYC when I visited. Too many people, too noisy, too fast paced, not enough nature.

  2. #6107
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,867
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How am I helping myself? I’m by no means wealthy nor do I own a company. Lol.

    I actually believe you don’t understand the harm you are advocating for poor people.
    Nah, he's right. Your posts have become absolute parody at this point.

    I generally just kinda zoom past many of these long-winded conversations you and valade often seem to get in to but this one was just too ****ing bonkers to ignore. Honestly, at this point I don't even remember how this conversation started and how it has jumped from "racists can't be successful" to "$1 : $25,000 = $7.25 : $15.00" to "poor people becoming a little less poor is harmful to poor people" but this is kooky af, man.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 09-14-2020 at 04:30 AM.

  3. #6108
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,073
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I had a great time. Probably the best cities I’ve visited that I’d consider moving to are San Diego and San Antonio. I absolutely hated NYC when I visited. Too many people, too noisy, too fast paced, not enough nature.
    NYC is amazing but when you can't do **** there it's completely worthless. My buddies got pissed when I moved but I barely saw anyone over the past four months or however long. It's all location.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #6109
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    38,141
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    NYC is amazing but when you can't do **** there it's completely worthless. My buddies got pissed when I moved but I barely saw anyone over the past four months or however long. It's all location.
    I visited Manhattan for my wife’s friends Game of Thrones themed wedding (which seems like the worst possible theme given the weddings in the show lol). We did go up to Staten Island, which was much more serene and I enjoyed that a lot.

    Never been to Miami/Palm Beach, but I’ve heard it’s awesome.

  5. #6110
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,210
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So what you have here is Atwater explaining why race in the south is no longer the main issue and has been replaced by other issues (Economy and anti communism/strong foreign Policy) by a voter who use to vote on racist views. He says throughout that interview that Reagan didn’t need a racist southern strategy because essentially the south was changing. You can read the full interview here:

    https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...really-say.php

    The quote in your clip was prompted by a question regarding Reagan getting to the racist part of the south.
    No what you have is Atwater explaining how you can achieve the same goal by other means which hide the racial element of the attack.

    Wether he pushed for that in Reagan's campaign is irrelevant. He explained systemic racism to you. He explained tactics designed to employ systemic racism.

    I am not showing you this to say you are right or wrong about anything, I am showing it so you may better understand the manner in which systemic racism is carried out. So far you have shown poor understanding of this.

    I actually agree with his point that race is naturally being taken out of the equation, but that is a result of mixing. That will naturally happen, it will simply happen much slower with systemic racism in effect.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 09-14-2020 at 03:10 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #6111
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,292

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    It's called the price of living. You can buy a house in San Fran that looks identical to a house in North Carolina and one costs 2 million and one costs 150k. Why is that?
    Has anyone on this board said that the cost of living is the same everywhere?

    How does the cost living being higher in cities like nYc or San Fran make 7.25 a good basement wage in other areas? It seems irrelevant.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-14-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #6112
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,434
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    In order to maintain, many small businesses would need to pass these additional costs onto their customers or clients. Whether or not they can maintain or flourish would depend on the consumers willingness to pay higher prices. This is just reality and basic economics.

    Furthermore, it doesn’t address corporations willingness to forego minimum wage employees at $15 an hr for technological advances. This is happening now and the min wage is half that. You don’t think it would happen at $15? You’re clueless.
    I’m clueless but I live in a place that did it successfully. And not just one region. For the entire province. 10m people. There are examples of it happening and working but you just refuse to accept it.

  8. #6113
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,390
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No what you have is Atwater explaining how you can achieve the same goal by other means which hide the racial element of the attack.

    Wether he pushed for that in Reagan's campaign is irrelevant. He explained systemic racism to you. He explained tactics designed to employ systemic racism.

    I am not showing you this to say you are right or wrong about anything, I am showing it so you may better understand the manner in which systemic racism is carried out. So far you have shown poor understanding of this.

    I actually agree with his point that race is naturally being taken out of the equation, but that is a result of mixing. That will naturally happen, it will simply happen much slower with systemic racism in effect.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is a situation of context. I certainly understand your point and how you could take Atwater’s words that way, out of context. I have provided the full context from the interview which was sort of a “crossfire” chat between two opposing views and an interviewer. Since you evidently didn’t bother to read the full context, I’ll provide it here. The question was posed prior to Atwater’s response was:

    “ Q: But might there–I’m not saying that he does this consciously–but the fact is that he does get to the Wallace voter, and to the racist side of the Wallace voter, by doing away with legal services, by doing away with, cutting down on food stamps–”

    In other words, are these issues that Reagan stands for a dog whistle for the Wallace (racist voter)? Atwater’s response is based on his premise the entire interview which was the voter in the south has changed in the past 20-30 years. That saying “n word, n word, n word” once appealed to them but now there are more important issues for them and perhaps subconsciously for those voters, issues like cutting food stamps appeal to them on a racist side but that’s not the intention of the Republican Party. The Republican Party are just fiscally responsible in economics and such. This is their direct appeal to the racist south, along with some other key issues like strong foreign policy/military and anti communism. Earlier in the interview, Atwater talks about his generation being the first in the south who are not prejudiced. I would post that quote as well but when I go back to that site, I lose what I’ve already posted here. You’re welcome to go and check it out though. I’m sure you won’t change your mind though because you heard an out of context clip from a hack English comedian.

  9. #6114
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,783
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do I support what those protesters did? Absolutely not.

    Do I still support BLM? Yes I do.

    Do you feel the same way? Yes or no?
    I've already said what I support and that hasn't changed.

    what you said, supports what I have said. you can support Black Lives Matter but not support what these "protesters" did. I feel the same way.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  10. #6115
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,783
    there was another shooting. do people want to say this was justified or not?


    this is on video, coming at police with a knife.



    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #6116
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    38,141
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I've already said what I support and that hasn't changed.

    what you said, supports what I have said. you can support Black Lives Matter but not support what these "protesters" did. I feel the same way.
    So you support Black Lives Matter?

  12. #6117
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,210
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    This is a situation of context. I certainly understand your point and how you could take Atwater’s words that way, out of context. I have provided the full context from the interview which was sort of a “crossfire” chat between two opposing views and an interviewer. Since you evidently didn’t bother to read the full context, I’ll provide it here. The question was posed prior to Atwater’s response was:

    “ Q: But might there–I’m not saying that he does this consciously–but the fact is that he does get to the Wallace voter, and to the racist side of the Wallace voter, by doing away with legal services, by doing away with, cutting down on food stamps–”

    In other words, are these issues that Reagan stands for a dog whistle for the Wallace (racist voter)? Atwater’s response is based on his premise the entire interview which was the voter in the south has changed in the past 20-30 years. That saying “n word, n word, n word” once appealed to them but now there are more important issues for them and

    perhaps subconsciously for those voters, issues like cutting food stamps appeal to them on a racist side

    but that’s not the intention of the Republican Party. The Republican Party are just fiscally responsible in economics and such. This is their direct appeal to the racist south, along with some other key issues like strong foreign policy/military and anti communism. Earlier in the interview, Atwater talks about his generation being the first in the south who are not prejudiced. I would post that quote as well but when I go back to that site, I lose what I’ve already posted here. You’re welcome to go and check it out though. I’m sure you won’t change your mind though because you heard an out of context clip from a hack English comedian.
    The reason I wont change my mind is because of the part of your post I separated out above. That is him talking about systemic racism.

    "perhaps subconsciously for those voters, issues like cutting food stamps appeal to them on a racist side "


    He follows that by saying it may not be the reoublican parties intent, but intent doesnt matter when it comes to systemic racism, it's not a defining characteristic.

    But I'm sure you wont mind cuz you know...lol.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #6118
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,390
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The reason I wont change my mind is because of the part of your post I separated out above. That is him talking about systemic racism.

    "perhaps subconsciously for those voters, issues like cutting food stamps appeal to them on a racist side "


    He follows that by saying it may not be the reoublican parties intent, but intent doesnt matter when it comes to systemic racism, it's not a defining characteristic.

    But I'm sure you wont mind cuz you know...lol.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You cannot determine or dictate what’s in people’s minds or thoughts is what he is saying. He’s not explaining systemic racism. He’s also saying that similarly conservatives viewpoints on issues like cutting programs which go primarily to black people are determined to be racist by the other side when in fact, they are just fiscally conservative, right or wrong.

    Within the context of this interview he’s actually denying “systemic racism” in that he claims the Republicans did not have a southern strategy in 1980 and much of their platform is misunderstood, either by racists or by liberals claiming it to be racism.

  14. #6119
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,390
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you support Black Lives Matter?
    I don’t support the group BLM. Have you actually read their site and you 100% agree with it? Are you sure?

  15. #6120
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,979
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I don’t support the group BLM. Have you actually read their site and you 100% agree with it? Are you sure?
    don't do it!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •