Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 405 of 702 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 10529
  1. #6061
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,532
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don’t know of anywhere in the entire US where someone making $7.25 couldn’t use a raise to $15.
    I could use a raise. Sky's the limit.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  2. #6062
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,609
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well I’m the case of Sterling it was known prior to the tape that got him ousted. He actually lost lawsuits over discriminatory housing practices and it was an open secret throughout the league. The tape is what was finally the smoking gun proof needed to oust him. But he was racist long before that and it most certainly affected his actions and interferes with people’s rights.
    Lol... an “open secret.” So once he made his racism known. Once it became an open non secret, what happened to him?

  3. #6063
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,609
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don’t know of anywhere in the entire US where someone making $7.25 couldn’t use a raise to $15.
    Why stop at $15? Why not $20? $24? $30

    I’m sure anywhere in the US where someone makes $15 an hr, they could use $30. I mean bagels at the local bakery would be $20 but who’s counting?

  4. #6064
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,357
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I think you should lobby more for your rich *** bay area town to raise wages more than worry about what's going on with the rest of the country (federal wage). The rest of the country doesn't need it, the cheap millionaire ****s in SF could definitely afford it.
    I ain't lobbying for ****, I'm having a conversation on a ****ing sports forum. Furthermore, you act like one can't be arguing for both a raise in national and local minimum wages.

    ....and since it seems you need to be reminded for a third time: I've already clearly stated that I'm much more interested in the conversation about local minimum wages and the idea of tying them to some combination of inflation and the cost of living.

    Man oh man are some of you guys dense as ****.

  5. #6065
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,532
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Lol... an “open secret.” So once he made his racism known. Once it became an open non secret, what happened to him?
    They're a bunch of typical affluent ***** clueless to the fact that they priced out every working class american and they insist on telling everyone how to live.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  6. #6066
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,532
    But hey, SF has a 15 dollar minimum wage. Those employees totally aren't on food stamps.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  7. #6067
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,357
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Lol... an “open secret.” So once he made his racism known. Once it became an open non secret, what happened to him?
    Ooh! I know! He lost most every cent of his 3.8 billion dollar net worth and is now living in a van down by the river. Success came and went for Sterling merely twenty-four hours after his racism was discovered by the general public, as happens for every successful person that has been outed as a racist.

  8. #6068
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Lol... an “open secret.” So once he made his racism known. Once it became an open non secret, what happened to him?
    The NBA removes him as owner. Yes, eventually he got his comeuppance, but not after he negatively affected God knows how many people’s rights.

  9. #6069
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,357
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I’m not religious.
    Are you saying that because you're actually not at all religious in any way or because you sinned that one time and because of that, you can no longer consider yourself religious?

  10. #6070
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Why stop at $15? Why not $20? $24? $30

    I’m sure anywhere in the US where someone makes $15 an hr, they could use $30. I mean bagels at the local bakery would be $20 but who’s counting?
    I wasn’t saying we should go to $15, I was merely pointing out you and Fingerbang’s logic that they wouldn’t be better off with any more money is stupid.

  11. #6071
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They're a bunch of typical affluent ***** clueless to the fact that they priced out every working class american and they insist on telling everyone how to live.
    Are you talking about every Liberal or just the people in SF? Because none of the people you’re currently talking to are in SF...

    You and Joey both like arguing your points against non-existent people as if it gives them any merit.

  12. #6072
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,357
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Why stop at $15? Why not $20? $24? $30

    I’m sure anywhere in the US where someone makes $15 an hr, they could use $30. I mean bagels at the local bakery would be $20 but who’s counting?
    Tight slippery slope. You're really getting somewhere with this argument now!

  13. #6073
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,357
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    But hey, SF has a 15 dollar minimum wage. Those employees totally aren't on food stamps.
    I dig how you assign phony arguments to imaginary people as a way to distract from the fact that you know your argument is dog ****.

  14. #6074
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,133
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    But hey, SF has a 15 dollar minimum wage. Those employees totally aren't on food stamps.
    I’m sure they are, but I’ll bet money they’d rather be making $15 an hour over $7.25, even if they’re on food stamps in either scenario.

  15. #6075
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,357
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I’m sure they are, but I’ll bet money they’d rather be making $15 an hour over $7.25, even if they’re on food stamps in either scenario.
    Nah, man. Poverty is poverty in the big city. Doesn't matter whether you make $7.25/hr or $100,000/year. Just need to accept that you're poor and move on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •