Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 404 of 702 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    So they would be worse off with 15 instead of 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think places like NYC and and SF have a significantly higher price of living. The minimum wage in those places should probably be like 30 an hour. You guys are *****ing about a federal minimum wage which can't be anywhere close to that. I'm the one who said at the very least it should go by county.

Remember, I'm the one arguing it should all be determined locally. Federal minimum wage is ********.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 09-14-2020 at 12:41 AM.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Joey and nessy and some of you guys who dont think systemic racism exists, take a look at this. Go to 22:25 and listen to what that guy Lee Atwater says.

https://youtu.be/hsxukOPEdgg

This is straight from the horses mouth, policy makers, spelling out systemic racism for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I only want to discuss it because thatís the type of racism as a society that we can actually manage or attempt to deter through litigation. And itís my point exactly, typically people who are racist, make their feelings known, one way or the other. Those people are usually not successful, especially once their feeling are known.

For instance, you used Donald Sterling as an example. Once he made his racism known or once it became well known, he lost his franchise and success. Was he racist before it became known? Probably but as far as we know, it didnít interfere with anyoneís rights.
    Well Iím the case of Sterling it was known prior to the tape that got him ousted. He actually lost lawsuits over discriminatory housing practices and it was an open secret throughout the league. The tape is what was finally the smoking gun proof needed to oust him. But he was racist long before that and it most certainly affected his actions and interferes with peopleís rights.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If people follow some Christian beliefs and not others, I would not consider them to be Christian. Iíd say their beliefs are being tested at best. While obviously showing respect or in the very least dignity to a black person is not far fetched, to a racist, it goes against their beliefs. Itís in line with abortion or murder. Would you consider someone who commits murder a good Christian?
    Do you consider yourself a Christian? Would you say youíve followed the rules of Christianity 100% your entire life? If that is the standard, how many Christians do you think there are in the world? 1? 2?

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I think places like NYC and and SF have a significantly higher price of living. The minimum wage in those places should probably be like 30 an hour. You guys are *****ing about a federal minimum wage wage which can't be anywhere close to that. I'm the one who said at the very least it should go by county.

Remember, I'm the one arguing it should all be determined locally. Federal minimum wage is ********.
    He said a person making 15 will fair better then a person making 7 and you responded ďbull ****ing shitĒ then you said a bunch of random things. I donít disagree with them but your confusing me lol

Last edited by ewing; 09-14-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So they would be worse off with 15 instead of 7?
    Itís the most bizarre logic. ďThe more money they make the worse off they are!Ē Then why do they make more than the minimum wage I wonder?

He said a person making 15 will fair better then a person making 7 and you responded ďbull ****ing shitĒ then you said a bunch of random things. I donít disagree but your confusing me lol

Well, my whole argument has to do with the price of living relative to where you're located and I've never once accused you of being smart.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

This is why they kneel

Well, my whole argument has to do with the price of living relative to where you're located and I've never once accused you of being smart.
    Who have to tell us what the person you are arguing is saying to.

Last edited by ewing; 09-14-2020 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bull ****ing ****. I've got a rich cousin in SF wort like 300 million, all tech money and he lives in a tiny house (he's cheap) and bought it for millions. It's like 4 bedrooms and he pays a ton for it.
    It is absolutely hilarious that you think this is proof that having your wage doubled is somehow completely insignificant. Yes, whether you're making $7.25/hr (which would be illegal) or $15/hr in SF you're still in absolute poverty but come the **** on.

Who have to tell us what the person you are arguing is saying to.

It's called the price of living. You can buy a house in San Fran that looks identical to a house in North Carolina and one costs 2 million and one costs 150k. Why is that?

I think places like NYC and and SF have a significantly higher price of living. The minimum wage in those places should probably be like 30 an hour. You guys are *****ing about a federal minimum wage which can't be anywhere close to that. I'm the one who said at the very least it should go by county.

I'm not going to claim to be the first poster to ever bring up that discussing minimum wage on a state/city basis instead of nationally is a much more important conversation but I certainly brought it up well before you did today:

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think anyone looking at this reasonably realizes there is a wide range of appropriate minimum wages depending on where you live. I'm more interested in the conversation of tying state (or even city) minimum wages to some combination of inflation and the cost of living.
    This being the case doesn't mean that the federal minimum wage is fine where it is currently at though either. However, it is a much more difficult conversation as there is certainly no one size fits all answer. Kind of have to go with something much closer to the lowest common denominator.

It's called the price of living. You can buy a house in San Fran that looks identical to a house in North Carolina and one costs 2 million and one costs 150k. Why is that?
    I know! I know! It's because one of those two places is the worst ****ing state to live in by far!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm not going to claim to be the first poster to ever bring up that discussing minimum wage on a state/city basis instead of nationally is a much more important conversation but I certainly brought it up well before you did today:

This being the case doesn't mean that the federal minimum wage is fine where it is currently at though either. However, it is a much more difficult conversation as there is certainly no one size fits all answer. Kind of have to go with something much closer to the lowest common denominator.
    I think you should lobby more for your rich *** bay area town to raise wages more than worry about what's going on with the rest of the country (federal wage). The rest of the country doesn't need it, the cheap millionaire ****s in SF could definitely afford it.

I donít know of anywhere in the entire US where someone making $7.25 couldnít use a raise to $15.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you consider yourself a Christian? Would you say youíve followed the rules of Christianity 100% your entire life? If that is the standard, how many Christians do you think there are in the world? 1? 2?
    Iím not religious.