Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 402 of 642 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 9617
    NY and Cali are the worst ****ing states to live in by far, especially for a low skilled worked. They tax like crazy.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Taxes, baby. That's what kills the cost of living.
    This list of worst cities for minimum wage workers has no cities from NY or CA on it:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/09/the-...e-workers.html

Here's another list of worst states for workers, where they specifically state:

https://www.businessinsider.com/wors...er-protections

Southern states — like Alabama, Virginia, and Mississippi — ranked poorly, as the minimum wage cannot fully cover the cost of living and because state policies prohibit unionization, Oxfam reports.

Even accounting for taxes. 30% taxes on $15 an hour still nets the employee more than 5% taxes on $7.25 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This list of worst cities for minimum wage workers has no cities from NY or CA on it:

Southern states — like Alabama, Virginia, and Mississippi — ranked poorly, as the minimum wage cannot fully cover the cost of living and because state policies prohibit unionization, Oxfam reports.

Even accounting for taxes. 30% taxes on $15 an hour still nets the employee more than 5% taxes on $7.25 an hour.
    Yea but a gut feeling telling him that NY and CA are terrible surely overrules the statistics. Right?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

It's total bs. I come from a high taxed county (Nassau) and I believe rent to live in someone's basement is about 1,500 a month. You can buy a house/fancy condo in the majority of the country for those kind of prices.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

It's total bs. I come from a high taxed county (Nassau) and I believe rent to live in someone's basement is about 1,500 a month. You can buy a house/fancy condo in the majority of the country for those kind of prices.
    Sure, but if you were paid $7.25 instead of $15 an hour you're not affording that either way. Heck, $7.25 for 40 hours a week is only $1,160 a month. You know what you can afford on that? someone's basement lol

Sure, but if you were paid $7.25 instead of $15 an hour you're not affording that either way. Heck, $7.25 for 40 hours a week is only $1,160 a month. You know what you can afford on that? someone's basement lol
    Like I said, minimum wage hikes will never get people over the poverty line, pipe dream. On top of that, the minimum wage there isn't 15, it's about 10. And I guarantee you could make 7.25 work better than that 10 in about 95% of the rest of the country.

Like I said, minimum wage hikes will never get people over the poverty line, pipe dream. On top of that, the minimum wage there isn't 15, it's about 10. And I guarantee you could make 7.25 work better than that 10 in about 95% of the rest of the country.
    But a minimum wage hike will help. I just don't buy the notion that giving minimum wage workers and extra $1-2 an hour actually makes them poorer, and that sounds like something people say to justify not having to give them $1-2 more.

And I've been to much of the country. I've yet to find the place where I would consider my life good on $7.25 an hour.

But a minimum wage hike will help. I just don't buy the notion that giving minimum wage workers and extra $1-2 an hour actually makes them poorer, and that sounds like something people say to justify not having to give them $1-2 more.

And I've been to much of the country. I've yet to find the place where I would consider my life good on $7.25 an hour.
    Why does it make any sense for it to be set at the federal level as opposed to a local level?

Why does it make any sense for it to be set at the federal level as opposed to a local level?
    I think there should be a federal bare minimum that is commiserate with a living wage at the lowest state level (living wage being something along the lines of housing, food, transportation), and states and municipalities/cities should be able to determine their levels beyond that (or keep it at the federal level). I agree, $15 is too much for many parts of the country and it makes no sense to make that the federal level. My position is there is nowhere where $7.25 gets you housing, food, and transportation at a sanitary, safe, and clean manner. To live on $7.25 you are either sacrificing your health, your safety, or your sanity.

I think there should be a federal bare minimum that is commiserate with a living wage at the lowest state level (living wage being something along the lines of housing, food, transportation), and states and municipalities/cities should be able to determine their levels beyond that (or keep it at the federal level). I agree, $15 is too much for many parts of the country and it makes no sense to make that the federal level. My position is there is nowhere where $7.25 gets you housing, food, and transportation at a sanitary, safe, and clean manner. To live on $7.25 you are either sacrificing your health, your safety, or your sanity.
    That ain't happening at 15 either, lol. Unless we're talking about the regions with a low cost of living, the same regions that can't afford it. San Fran has a 15 dollar wage I think, right? You make 30k a year there and you're still on government assistance.

NY and Cali are the worst ****ing states to live in by far, especially for a low skilled worked. They tax like crazy.
    Sure, if by worst states you mean the most desirable states to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sure, if by worst states you mean the most desirable states to live in.
    If you have money...

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If people are willing to hide their views and work with minorities, I would argue they aren’t really racists .
    Wow..

It's dead argument bro.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If you have money...
    That's kinda how life works.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That's kinda how life works.
    We're specifically talking about people that don't, you know, minimum wage employees, you silly goose.