Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 401 of 635 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 9519
  1. #6001
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,886
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Federal minimum wage is stupid though because regions differ so much economically. Even state minimum wage is stupid because the difference between living in NYC vs rural upstate NY is absurd.
    No ****. I've already made basically that same argument within the last hour of this thread.

    Most people that argue for hikes in minimum wage think they're going to solve people living below the poverty line and it's a total pipe dream. Everyone wants to use the example of big cities that raised minimum wage as the example of how it can work and it's a crock. Yea, a store in Manhattan that pays a million a month in rent can afford it but it ain't like that in the rest of the country.
    Cool. Then argue about that with "most people", not me.

  2. #6002
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,262
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The only one corrupting it is you lol. Youíre the one saying the only way someone can be a racist is if theyíve never done a non-racist thing in their entire life.
    Itís not about doing non racist things. Itís about the belief of racism. That is an all the time thing. As I already stated, do religious people always act religious? No of course not. But it calls into question their religious beliefs. While people may not always act racist, their belief is typically permanent and will usually make itself known. Itís not something one can hide well.

  3. #6003
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,682
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think we should have minimum wages at all?
    Honestly, maybe not. It totally dumps supply and demand out the window and gives employers a reason to pay the bare minimum.

    It's funny because all the glowing examples of where 15 bucks works are from big cities where the cost of living is asinine. Those are the regions where low skilled workers get shafted the most even after the wage hike.

    All the places throughout the country with the best cost of living have low taxes, plain and simple. But people demand we tax, tax, tax.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #6004
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Federal minimum wage is stupid though because regions differ so much economically. Even state minimum wage is stupid because the difference between living in NYC vs rural upstate NY is absurd.

    Most people that argue for hikes in minimum wage think they're going to solve people living below the poverty line and it's a total pipe dream. Everyone wants to use the example of big cities that raised minimum wage as the example of how it can work and it's a crock. Yea, a store in Manhattan that pays a million a month in rent can afford it but it ain't like that in the rest of the country.
    I think most people argue it should raised bc they donít think anyone should be making 7 bucks an hour.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #6005
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think most people argue it should raised bc they donít think anyone should be making 7 bucks an hour.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It should be based on county at the very least. A federal wage is pretty silly. Makes absolutely no sense.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  6. #6006
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,682
    For example, cost of living in Texas kicks the **** out of the cost of living in California - a reason why so many have left. Then they move there and demand they install California policies. It's bizarro world.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  7. #6007
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,886
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Itís not about doing non racist things. Itís about the belief of racism. That is an all the time thing. As I already stated, do religious people always act religious? No of course not. But it calls into question their religious beliefs. While people may not always act racist, their belief is typically permanent and will usually make itself known. Itís not something one can hide well.
    One can easily hide their racism in a professional setting for 8 hours a day, especially seeing as how making a living is generally prioritized over sharing your racist views with the people they interact with at work. Just as, to go along with your favorite comparison, one can do with their religious beliefs as well.

    These arguments you continue to make are utter dog ****.

  8. #6008
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,262
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    One can easily hide their racism in a professional setting for 8 hours a day, especially seeing as how making a living is generally prioritized over sharing your racist views with the people they interact with at work. Just as, to go along with your favorite comparison, one can do with their religious beliefs as well.

    These arguments you continue to make are utter dog ****.
    Eventually peopleís religious beliefs are exposed though, as are their racist beliefs. But if someone is willing to hide those beliefs and allow black people to live freely and not discriminated against, more power to them. I would question those beliefs.

  9. #6009
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Honestly, maybe not. It totally dumps supply and demand out the window and gives employers a reason to pay the bare minimum.

    It's funny because all the glowing examples of where 15 bucks works are from big cities where the cost of living is asinine. Those are the regions where low skilled workers get shafted the most even after the wage hike.

    All the places throughout the country with the best cost of living have low taxes, plain and simple. But people demand we tax, tax, tax.
    Do you think that's what's keeping employers from paying them more? Do you think if we abolished the minimum wage that employers would pay people more, or less?

  10. #6010
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Itís not about doing non racist things. Itís about the belief of racism. That is an all the time thing. As I already stated, do religious people always act religious? No of course not. But it calls into question their religious beliefs. While people may not always act racist, their belief is typically permanent and will usually make itself known. Itís not something one can hide well.
    And those who cannot read minds learn about people's beliefs through their actions. No, racism is not an all time time thing anymore than religion is an all the time thing.

    It seems you are saying if someone is racist for half the time, they are not racist because they are not racist 100% of the time and then using an example of a religious person when the religious example actually refutes your point.

    Would you say someone is not a christian if they go to church every other sunday instead of every sunday? If they follow some rules of the bible and call themselves a christian but not others? most would consider them a christian.

    And again, we are using examples of people who most certainly did make their racist beliefs known, and you are still arguing that those people aren't racists...

  11. #6011
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Eventually peopleís religious beliefs are exposed though, as are their racist beliefs. But if someone is willing to hide those beliefs and allow black people to live freely and not discriminated against, more power to them. I would question those beliefs.
    So basically you're saying that people who are only racist in their head but don't ever say anything racist, do anything racist, or treat others differently because of that racism are OK.

    Sure, OK. How often do you think that happens. I think there are far more racists who say or do racist things, or treat others differently, than there are racists who don't, even if they don't do it all the time. And you only seem to want to talk about the latter.
    Last edited by valade16; 09-13-2020 at 08:43 PM.

  12. #6012
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,682
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think that's what's keeping employers from paying them more? Do you think if we abolished the minimum wage that employers would pay people more, or less?
    Couldn't tell you to be honest. Maybe more, maybe less. Probably the same.

    What I can tell you is that all the states on the forefront of raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour happen to be the worst states to live in for low skilled workers, lol. There policies ain't workin so well, maybe, just maybe, it has to do with something else.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  13. #6013
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Couldn't tell you to be honest. Maybe more, maybe less. Probably the same.

    What I can tell you is that all the states on the forefront of raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour happen to be the worst states to live in for low skilled workers, lol. There policies ain't workin so well, maybe, just maybe, it has to do with something else.
    I think it's pretty naive to assume the only thing keeping businesses from paying them more than minimum wage is a law mandating a floor.

    And what states are you referring to and what measurement are you using to make the bolded claim?

  14. #6014
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,682
    I do know a lot of businesses that literally put zero thought into wages and just say hey, we'll offer whatever minimum is wage for that position and that's that. Don't even think about how maybe offering a little more might get them a better return from their employee. Creates an atmosphere where you just settle for the lowest of the low at bare minimum.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  15. #6015
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,682
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think it's pretty naive to assume the only thing keeping businesses from paying them more than minimum wage is a law mandating a floor.

    And what states are you referring to and what measurement are you using to make the bolded claim?
    Taxes, baby. That's what kills the cost of living.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •