Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 400 of 709 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 10632
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It could hurt some sure. But it's far from a doomsday scenario. Businesses would have to evolve and learn how to cope. Those that can will be fine. It happened here and there wasn't some major apocalypse. Lots of small businesses still flourishing.

Also, if there is a big jump, it would be smoothed in (at least I hope it would be), you do it gradually. Add .50 cents every six months until you reach the amount you want to get to. Again, that's what they did here.
    Exactly. Same thing California has been doing. Slow, incremental jump up to $15/hr.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Technological advances are much cheaper than constantly paying wages. Do you think Walmart has those self check outs because itís more expensive for them? Iíd say not.

$15 an hr should not be entertained imo, so itís a non starter. Itís literally like saying ďIíll pay $1 for this new carĒ which sounds absurd to you. If one side was saying we need to raise the minimum wage by a couple of dollars and the other side said no, that would be different but thatís not the conversation being had. Or if they wanted to offer a raise, it should be one cent which is equally absurd. Politicians have not named $ amounts yet. The reason being, is most understand basic economics and realize a $15 minimum wage would be hideous.
    Well you have made it clear you will not engage with actual liberals. When they try to engage with you, you tell them what ďthey thinkĒ and what ďthey are sayingĒ. Your posts this one included almost never have anything to do with the posts you are replying to. Itís nice that you invent a reality to discredit your imaged liberals though. Your a decent story writer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-13-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles;335960j12
    It could hurt some sure. But it's far from a doomsday scenario. Businesses would have to evolve and learn how to cope. Those that can will be fine. It happened here and there wasn't some major apocalypse. Lots of small businesses still flourishing.

Also, if there is a big jump, it would be smoothed in (at least I hope it would be), you do it gradually. Add .50 cents every six months until you reach the amount you want to get to. Again, that's what they did here.
    In order to maintain, many small businesses would need to pass these additional costs onto their customers or clients. Whether or not they can maintain or flourish would depend on the consumers willingness to pay higher prices. This is just reality and basic economics.

Furthermore, it doesnít address corporations willingness to forego minimum wage employees at $15 an hr for technological advances. This is happening now and the min wage is half that. You donít think it would happen at $15? Youíre clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Exactly. Same thing California has been doing. Slow, incremental jump up to $15/hr.
    I'm fine with 15 bucks an hour in the bay area for example but you can't do the same in rural parts of the country. And in the bay area 15 dollars is still not anywhere close to a "living wage". The idea that you can just bump up minimum wage so everyone lives comfortably is fantasy land.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'm fine with 15 bucks an hour in the bay area for example but you can't do the same in rural parts of the country. And in the bay area 15 dollars is still not anywhere close to a "living wage". The idea that you can just bump up minimum wage so everyone lives comfortably is fantasy land.
    Be careful us liberals are going to agree with you. Next thing you know your gender is the letter Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But working for someone of a race you believe to be inferior doesnít mean your belief they are inferior lacks validity.

Seriously, you have the most bizarre rationalization of racism Iíve ever seen. ďSure they could do and say racist things, but if they are ever not racist, are they really actually racist?Ē

Being racist is a lot like being a rapist. Itís not all the times youíre not a rapist, itís about the times you are. The same is true for racism.
    Your bottom paragraph is why we disagree. Being a racist is mostly in ones own mind. Yes, very often, it infiltrates ones actions and/or speech. Iíd say itís like being a pervert. Thereís nothing wrong with being a pervert in ones own mind/home. There is something wrong when you allow your perverted thoughts to infiltrate your behavior such as rape. Similarly, itís wrong when you allow racist thoughts to infiltrate your behavior.

Except it does kill your already dead in the water claim that racists cannot be successful in the 21st century.
    It doesnít though. Racism is a word that has become corrupted.

I'm well aware that $15/hr is nothing near a living wage in the Bay Area (and have already said as much). This idea of bumping up minimum wage and everyone could suddenly live comfortably sure isn't an argument I made. The main point basically everyone is making is that the federal minimum wage should be raised and doing so isn't going to cripple the economy.

My bad. I forgot California was such a pillar for economic success...

Lofl you're the one trying to change the definition of racism in to "only extremely over the top racists are actually racist".

My bad. I forgot California was such a pillar for economic success...
    California's economy is the largest in the country, genius.

Your bottom paragraph is why we disagree. Being a racist is mostly in ones own mind. Yes, very often, it infiltrates ones actions and/or speech. Iíd say itís like being a pervert. Thereís nothing wrong with being a pervert in ones own mind/home. There is something wrong when you allow your perverted thoughts to infiltrate your behavior such as rape. Similarly, itís wrong when you allow racist thoughts to infiltrate your behavior.
    Except the examples Iím using are instances where the personís racism went beyond their own thoughts and dictated their actions and youíre still claiming the people are not racist.

Donald Sterling owned an NBA team comprised of black people and was caught being racist towards them. According to you heís not a racist because he hired black people, despite his actual words stating heís racist.

In short, even when one admits to being a racist, you donít believe them.

The only one corrupting it is you lol. Youíre the one saying the only way someone can be a racist is if theyíve never done a non-racist thing in their entire life.

I'm well aware that $15/hr is nothing near a living wage in the Bay Area (and have already said as much). This idea of bumping up minimum wage and everyone could suddenly live comfortably sure isn't an argument I made. The main point basically everyone is making is that the federal minimum wage should be raised and doing so isn't going to cripple the economy.
    Federal minimum wage is stupid though because regions differ so much economically. Even state minimum wage is stupid because the difference between living in NYC vs rural upstate NY is absurd.

Most people that argue for hikes in minimum wage think they're going to solve people living below the poverty line and it's a total pipe dream. Everyone wants to use the example of big cities that raised minimum wage as the example of how it can work and it's a crock. Yea, a store in Manhattan that pays a million a month in rent can afford it but it ain't like that in the rest of the country.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Federal minimum wage is stupid though because regions differ so much economically. Even state minimum wage is stupid because the difference between living in NYC vs rural upstate NY is absurd.

Most people that argue for hikes in minimum wage think they're going to solve people living below the poverty line and it's a total pipe dream. Everyone wants to use the example of big cities that raised minimum wage as the example of how it can work and it's a crock. Yea, a store in Manhattan that pays a million a month in rent can afford it but it ain't like that in the rest of the country.
    Do you think we should have minimum wages at all?