Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 259 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You tell me. You come out with a pronouncement that all unions protect their own (“blindly support their members”).

Forget that it is a complete blowhard statement, WTF does it matter what all unions do?
    You and others mention the "blue wall" as if the code of silence is a corrupted police thing. I'm pointing out that all unions do this. Someone else pointed out than most groups do this.n So this is not just a horrible thing that the police do.

What is it you are not getting here???

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Exactly. It's like he's desperately trying to turn this event into a negative against Liberals or Liberal issues. Consider he has espoused 3 beliefs:

1. That the cops are at fault (topical)
    2. Unions protect their own (not really topical)
    3. That the protestors will not accept autopsy results and riot (definitely not topical)
    1 Thanks for that

2 I did not bring up the "blue wall" I merely said that all unions do this. So it was topical in that it applied to the post I was responding to within in this thread. That makes it topical.

3. Topical in that it may be an end result of the discussion at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You and others mention the "blue wall" as if the code of silence is a corrupted police thing. I'm pointing out that all unions do this. Someone else pointed out than most groups do this.n So this is not just a horrible thing that the police do.

What is it you are not getting here???
    Yes, someone else pointed out most groups do this. You made sure to state it was Unions that do this.

I'm talking about the "George Floyd" side. Consider that your biggest concern is that the they will not accept an autopsy result. It's weird to be commenting on this topic and your first thought is "you know what would really suck, is if all these people protesting something I agree was a tragedy decided to protest in the future when they'd be wrong about an autopsy result".

Like, you are trying very hard to find a fault with the protesters to the point where you're basically already accusing them of wrongly protesting an autopsy that hasn't even happened.

Like, why the need to bring up anything negative the protestors might do in the future? Why the need to even bring up how bad the protestors might act if something might happen? The only reason I can see is you want to say something negative about the protestors and the pro-George Floyd side.
    Let's try this again………

The autopsy will take up to three weeks. By that time everything will have calmed down.

If the autopsy comes out and says Floyd was killed due to being choked by the police and those police will go to trial, everyone will be happy.

If the autopsy comes out that Floyd died as a result of XXXX and not being choked, everyone will scream police coverup, racism, BLM etc and parts of Minneapolis will burn. People will die, businesses and homes will be lost. The neighborhood may be destroyed.

Is is OK if that second scenario concerns me???

I try to look a little deeper into what is in front of me. You're one of the better posters here and you should be able to also. Some of the others are hopeless.

Yes, someone else pointed out most groups do this. You made sure to state it was Unions that do this.
    Can you show me one that doesn't?????

Let's try this again………

The autopsy will take up to three weeks. By that time everything will have calmed down.

If the autopsy comes out and says Floyd was killed due to being choked by the police and those police will go to trial, everyone will be happy.

If the autopsy comes out that Floyd died as a result of XXXX and not being choked, everyone will scream police coverup, racism, BLM etc and parts of Minneapolis will burn. People will die, businesses and homes will be lost. The neighborhood may be destroyed.

Is is OK if that second scenario concerns me???

I try to look a little deeper into what is in front of me. You're one of the better posters here and you should be able to also. Some of the others are hopeless.
    What do you mean, people will die? Someone did die, and you seem more concerned that the people protesting his death might kill someone in the future.

Again, you see this situation and your first instinct is to assume negative things about the pro-George Floyd protestors. I don't doubt you dig a little deeper than what is in front of you, because you had to dig very deep to portray the George Floyd protestors in a negative light.

Can you show me one that doesn't?????
    Can you show me a group of people that doesn't protect their own? The point is how specific you went to Unions when it's a trait shared by almost all groups (as another poster pointed out).

It'd be like if there was a news article about a Yankees fan who raped somebody and me pointing out "It's not like Yankee's fans are the only people who commit rape, rapists can also be Republicans"

Technically, yeah I'm correct in that there have been rapist republicans, but there was no need to get that specific because rapists come from literally every sub-group. So it would definitely be odd if I singled out republicans for a behavior that segments of every group does...

What do you mean, people will die? Someone did die, and you seem more concerned that the people protesting his death might kill someone in the future.

Again, you see this situation and your first instinct is to assume negative things about the pro-George Floyd protestors. I don't doubt you dig a little deeper than what is in front of you, because you had to dig very deep to portray the George Floyd protestors in a negative light.
    Bold 1…just call me crazy.

Second Para…Assume??? Really???? Seems like every time something like this happens and the investigation comes up with results that the public doesn't like, trouble breaks out.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm wrong.

Time will tell.

Can you show me a group of people that doesn't protect their own? The point is how specific you went to Unions when it's a trait shared by almost all groups (as another poster pointed out).

It'd be like if there was a news article about a Yankees fan who raped somebody and me pointing out "It's not like Yankee's fans are the only people who commit rape, rapists can also be Republicans"

Technically, yeah I'm correct in that there have been rapist republicans, but there was no need to get that specific because rapists come from literally every sub-group. So it would definitely be odd if I singled out republicans for a behavior that segments of every group does...
    OK. I'll buy that.

Please keep in mind that I'm not the one who brought up the "blue wall".

You seem upset that I mentioned "unions" instead of "groups."

OK, unions and groups.

geezus.

Bold 1…just call me crazy.

Second Para…Assume??? Really???? Seems like every time something like this happens and the investigation comes up with results that the public doesn't like, trouble breaks out.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm wrong.

Time will tell.
    Time will tell. My point is, how is what may or may not happen in the future the most pressing part of this story right now?

11. 05-27-2020, 05:04 PM
    Reason
    If you post actually say something

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I feel no need to convince a blind man that they cannot see. Your rhetoric is consistent and far from accidental.
    So you can't show me.

Why not just say you can't.

13. 05-27-2020, 05:06 PM
    Reason

Time will tell. My point is, how is what may or may not happen in the future the most pressing part of this story right now?
    Never said it was the most pressing part. It is, however, something to consider.

So what is the most pressing part?

15. 05-27-2020, 05:08 PM
    Reason

Let's try this again………

Everyone will be happy? My goodness are you out of touch. We can already see that this man was killed due to being choked out by the police and the response is far from "happy".

....and you talk about others being hopeless.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

So you can't show me.

Why not just say you can't.
    Because that's not the case. Are you really going to sit here and deny consistently referring to minorities as objects or things instead of human beings?

We all see your posts. If you want to play dumb though, please continue to do so. You're very good at it.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Wow. That little cartoon guy really seals my doom.

No point in going on once you get the cartoon guy.
    That's simply my low effort reply to stubborn old know-it-alls who are completely dug in to their warped world views and aren't really worth much of my time or effort.

Glad to see it works so effectively on you.

Page 4 of 259 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast