Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 399 of 702 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How is it stretching? Racism is like a religion. Itís pure belief in something despite evidence to the contrary. I can see at some point in history when people could get away with this belief. But not in this century for sure.

Do you think a racist would allow a non white doctor to operate on them to save their lives? Their kids lives? I do not believe a real racist would entertain this idea because they would consider a non white doctor to be of lesser capabilities and intelligence than a white doctor. Similarly, thereís religious knuckleheads who would pray so god can save their childís life rather than a doctor.
    You keep making this distinction of "real racist", when you should be saying "extreme racist". There are varying levels of racism. Just because someone can make it through the work day without screaming "******", doesn't mean they aren't racist. There are people that are casually religious and there's people that are in your face religious extremists. Same thing you see with racists. Being on the casual side of either of these things, doesn't mean you're not actually racist or not actually religious.

Also, acting like the 21st century is some invisible breaking point for racists not being able to become successful is absolutely absurd.

If people are willing to hide their views and work with minorities, I would argue they arenít really racists despite one or two indiscretions. Being a real racist is like being really religious. You believe in something despite evidence to the contrary.

Would a really religious person have an abortion even if they couldnít afford a baby? I would say itís about their needs and in some cases, their needs outweigh their religiousness. The same is true of racists. Sometimes their need or desire for success outweighs their need to be racist.
    Just because a racist person suppresses their views in order to make money doesnít make them no longer racist.just because their need to be wealthy or have a job overrides their need to be racist doesnít suddenly make them not racist.

You have distorted what makes someone racist from ďdoes or says racist thingsĒ to ďso long as they at one point do something that is not racist, they are not racistĒ

No wonder you donít think racism is real, you donít think someone in the KKK is racist so long as they once shook a black personís hand...

Personally, no. I think it only lowers wages. Although with our current requirement on college level education, I see the need for it.
    It lowers wages? Do you think if we abolished the minimum wage those wages would go up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You keep making this distinction of "real racist", when you should be saying "extreme racist". There are varying levels of racism. Just because someone can make it through the work day without screaming "******", doesn't mean they aren't racist. There are people that are casually religious and there's people that are in your face religious extremists. Same thing you see with racists. Being on the casual side of either of these things, doesn't mean you're not actually racist or not actually religious.

Also, acting like the 21st century is some invisible breaking point for racists not being able to become successful is absolutely absurd.
    Excellent point. There is definitely different intensities to being racist.

As I said, I know small business owners and very worked with/for small businesses all over the country and most could not sustain a $15 an hr minimum wage. They would also need to give non minimum wage workers A huge increase in wages.

I havenít even brought up this point, but do you think large corporations would hire as many minimum wage employees at $15 an hr or would they enforce technological advances to replace them? My money is on the latter. FFS we all currently work for Walmart anytime we walk in that store now.
    They're going to utilize technological advances to decrease the workforce and money needed to successfully operate either way about it.

You keep harping on $15/hr despite everyone in this conversation telling you that's the starting point of negotiations, not some do or die endpoint. I think anyone looking at this reasonably realizes there is a wide range of appropriate minimum wages depending on where you live. I'm more interested in the conversation of tying state (or even city) minimum wages to some combination of inflation and the cost of living.

You can use whatever adverb youíd like, so long as we know there is a difference. Being a casual racist is not something Iím concerned with. Casual racists typically donít discriminate. Casual racists donít kill or want to kill black people.

They're going to utilize technological advances to decrease the workforce and money needed to successfully operate either way about it.

You keep harping on $15/hr despite everyone in this conversation telling you that's the starting point of negotiations, not some do or die endpoint. I think anyone looking at this reasonably realizes there is a wide range of appropriate minimum wages depending on where you live. I'm more interested in the conversation of tying state (or even city) minimum wages to some combination of inflation and the cost of living.
    Technological advances are much cheaper than constantly paying wages. Do you think Walmart has those self check outs because itís more expensive for them? Iíd say not.

$15 an hr should not be entertained imo, so itís a non starter. Itís literally like saying ďIíll pay $1 for this new carĒ which sounds absurd to you. If one side was saying we need to raise the minimum wage by a couple of dollars and the other side said no, that would be different but thatís not the conversation being had. Or if they wanted to offer a raise, it should be one cent which is equally absurd. Politicians have not named $ amounts yet. The reason being, is most understand basic economics and realize a $15 minimum wage would be hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Just because a racist person suppresses their views in order to make money doesnít make them no longer racist.just because their need to be wealthy or have a job overrides their need to be racist doesnít suddenly make them not racist.

You have distorted what makes someone racist from ďdoes or says racist thingsĒ to ďso long as they at one point do something that is not racist, they are not racistĒ

No wonder you donít think racism is real, you donít think someone in the KKK is racist so long as they once shook a black personís hand...
    Racism, for the most part, is a belief your race is superior to others mostly based on race alone. Anyway, itís a belief. If people are willing to allow a belief to be compromised because of other factors, Iíd say their belief lacks validity. If someone consistently allows this belief to be compromised, is it even a belief anymore?

Itís not when you consider small businesses would cease to exist. We do agree on this right? You agree that $15 an hr minimum wage would kill many if not most small businesses?
    It could hurt some sure. But it's far from a doomsday scenario. Businesses would have to evolve and learn how to cope. Those that can will be fine. It happened here and there wasn't some major apocalypse. Lots of small businesses still flourishing.

Also, if there is a big jump, it would be smoothed in (at least I hope it would be), you do it gradually. Add .50 cents every six months until you reach the amount you want to get to. Again, that's what they did here.

You can use whatever adverb youíd like, so long as we know there is a difference. Being a casual racist is not something Iím concerned with. Casual racists typically donít discriminate. Casual racists donít kill or want to kill black people.
    Holy cow man, there is some gold in your posts today. It's nice to hear that racism doesn't concern you. If we didn't understand your stance before this post, you've made it pretty clear where you stand. Do your friends and family know?

Racism, for the most part, is a belief your race is superior to others mostly based on race alone. Anyway, itís a belief. If people are willing to allow a belief to be compromised because of other factors, Iíd say their belief lacks validity. If someone consistently allows this belief to be compromised, is it even a belief anymore?
    But working for someone of a race you believe to be inferior doesnít mean your belief they are inferior lacks validity.

Seriously, you have the most bizarre rationalization of racism Iíve ever seen. ďSure they could do and say racist things, but if they are ever not racist, are they really actually racist?Ē

Being racist is a lot like being a rapist. Itís not all the times youíre not a rapist, itís about the times you are. The same is true for racism.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Holy cow man, there is some gold in your posts today. It's nice to hear that racism doesn't concern you. If we didn't understand your stance before this post, you've made it pretty clear where you stand. Do your friends and family know?
    Itís pretty incredible the lengths he will go to deny and defend racism

Except it does kill your already dead in the water claim that racists cannot be successful in the 21st century.

Technological advances are much cheaper than constantly paying wages. Do you think Walmart has those self check outs because itís more expensive for them? Iíd say not.
    No ****. Like I said, businesses will use technology to save money regardless of what the minimum wage is. No idea why you're pretending I made any argument to the contrary.

$15 an hr should not be entertained imo, so itís a non starter. Itís literally like saying ďIíll pay $1 for this new carĒ which sounds absurd to you.
    I see you also don't know what the word "literally" means. I mean....wow. What a dog **** argument.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 09-13-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Keep stretching, dude. This **** is beyond laughable.