Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 394 of 629 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 9430

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Agree with a conservative Trump supporter and see how that goes.

And before the usual...poor trump, poor conservatives blah blah blah.
    Both sides can be pretty dug in. I think the problem with Trump is he only work in absolutes. Open boarders or as many deportations as possible. He doesnít leave room for discourse. You are with him or against him.

On the above issue I am very much for reform allowing people who made a life for themselves in America an opportunity to stay. That doesnít mean open boarders. It doesnít even speak to boarders. We could strengthen the boarder and treat those that have been living here peacefully humanly but that is not a conversation that can take place with Trump.

No offense but Trump is just a bad dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-13-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Politicians are supporting those protestors though and they are using undefined terms instead of solid amounts because they know $15 is not achievable and will kill small businesses. They wonít define the term ďlivable wageĒ because they know thereís no amount lower than $15 which would satisfy those protestors. $1-2 appears to be a slap in their face and would be a loss for those politicians.
    the people you made up wonít define there position. Something you have in common with them

What do you think the minimum wage should be? What legislation regarding min wage would you support?

Last edited by ewing; 09-13-2020 at 12:13 PM.

valade16 if you support Black Lives Matter do you support people blocking the hospital or saying we hope they die.

will the BLM organization come out against all of this?

I don't even remember now who it was arguing against me about blue lvies matter, this right here is why yes blue lives matter.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Holy **** are you cool and tough. Teach me how to Dougie when you have the time, please.
    I never asked for a puppy dog, but I seemed to have found one.

For the purpose of this conversation, I donít care about raising the minimum wage $1-2. But we are also discussing why reasonable goals are not accomplished. This is an issue with our political system and especially pertains to the issues in this thread.

No one believes black lives donít matter. To even suggest this is an issue in 2020 is ridiculous. Everyone agrees cops shouldnít kill civilians, regardless of race. Yet here we are.

As far as minimum wage, the side that you support is not being reasonable in their goals. Asking for absurd amounts or undefinable terms like a living wage is not a starting point. This is a tactic used by politicians. Itís like making abortion illegal. Itís an absurd premise to tell women what they can or canít do with their bodies. Our goal as a country should be to limit abortions by any means possible. Yet we have two sides arguing over non starters (Womanís rights vs killing babies) that donít really pertain to the issue or solve anything. Itís the same with police involved deaths. Our goal as a country should be to limit this as much as possible by any means and reprimand individuals when this occurs, while accepting we canít control people. Ending racism is a non starter because itís an unattainable goal. Yet here we are.
    First Bolded: You take catchphrases with far deeper underlying meanings much too literally. You're like the Liberal that bombards a Trump supporter with "when was America last great? Do you not think America is great now?" because of MAGA. Look at what BLM wants instead of thinking that you saying "I believe black lives matter" somehow accomplishes any of what they want to see changed.

Second Bolded: And yet, between us, I'm the one proposing compromise and you are not. So this isn't my side. Republicans want no minimum wage increase and are every bit as intractable on their position as Liberals who want $15.

Third Bolded: This sounds like an excuse to not do anything to combat racism. You wouldn't extend this sentiment to anything you care about (we can't stop every person from illegally crossing the border, so why even try? We can't stop all abortions, so why even try?). You don't think trying to reduce racism in the US is something we should be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Agree with a conservative Trump supporter and see how that goes.

And before the usual...poor trump, poor conservatives blah blah blah.
    I do that on Trump donating his salary to charity. Thus far I have not morphed into a full on MAGA hat wearing conservative.

I imagine if you agree with a Liberal on something you likewise won't morph into one.

Politicians are supporting those protestors though and they are using undefined terms instead of solid amounts because they know $15 is not achievable and will kill small businesses. They wonít define the term ďlivable wageĒ because they know thereís no amount lower than $15 which would satisfy those protestors. $1-2 appears to be a slap in their face and would be a loss for those politicians.
    That's because living wage varies from place to place. What they should do, is do like Canada does where it's up to the provincial gov instead of the feds. Living wage in Ontario is much higher than New Brunswick. It's really not complicated. Or you can even have the federal government make it for each region and have different amounts for each. And that information is actually very easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    the people you made up wonít define there position. Something you have in common with them

What do you think the minimum wage should be? What legislation regarding min wage would you support?

Iíd be fine with a $1-2 minimum wage. No one is asking for that though. Not a protestor. Not a politician. Even if they started at $3 and negotiated to $1-2, that would be something. But no one is doing that. They are negotiating by using undefined terms. This is the only way liberals can speak.

Abolish/defund police, end racism, livable wage, etc. those are not solutions. They are goals in a utopian society.

Iíd be fine with a $1-2 minimum wage. No one is asking for that though. Not a protestor. Not a politician. Even if they started at $3 and negotiated to $1-2, that would be something. But no one is doing that. They are negotiating by using undefined terms. This is the only way liberals can speak.

Abolish/defund police, end racism, livable wage, etc. those are not solutions. They are goals in a utopian society.
    You keep saying this and it isn't true. They are very clearly asking for a $15 minimum wage. You can take exception to that number, but you cannot argue they have not been specific in their demand, especially because you (and Republicans in general) have not given a concrete amount themselves.

It is especially galling you accuse liberals of only being able to speak in vague terms when your entire argument here has been against some vague "they".

This is why they kneel

You are taking to liberals. You should listen to what ďtheyĒ are saying instead of taking Rush or whoeverís word for it.

If you disagree thatís fine but stop fighting the boogie man

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: You take catchphrases with far deeper underlying meanings much too literally. You're like the Liberal that bombards a Trump supporter with "when was America last great? Do you not think America is great now?" because of MAGA. Look at what BLM wants instead of thinking that you saying "I believe black lives matter" somehow accomplishes any of what they want to see changed.

Second Bolded: And yet, between us, I'm the one proposing compromise and you are not. So this isn't my side. Republicans want no minimum wage increase and are every bit as intractable on their position as Liberals who want $15.

Third Bolded: This sounds like an excuse to not do anything to combat racism. You wouldn't extend this sentiment to anything you care about (we can't stop every person from illegally crossing the border, so why even try? We can't stop all abortions, so why even try?). You don't think trying to reduce racism in the US is something we should be doing?
    I have looked at BLM the organization which is why I am strongly against most of what they propose. I believe most people who support BLM have not looked into the organization and are simply referring to the phrase black lives matter, which of course no one opposes.

Again, because liberals are not negotiating by using utopian society phrases. Itís like a man trying to give me one of his three horses and me saying I want a unicorn. He canít say, do you want 2 horses? 3 horses? Because Iím not negotiating. Iím just crying about the horse **** in my yard while stating me unrealistic preference.

You canít reduce racism. You can make as many laws as youíd like but if someone still wants to be racist, they can be. Again, I donít believe being racist is a successful way to live oneís life nor do I think anyone who is successful is racist. But we canít stop it. If someone wants to be an idiot, we allow their stupidity so long as it doesnít interfere with the freedom of others.

I have looked at BLM the organization which is why I am strongly against most of what they propose. I believe most people who support BLM have not looked into the organization and are simply referring to the phrase black lives matter, which of course no one opposes.

Again, because liberals are not negotiating by using utopian society phrases. Itís like a man trying to give me one of his three horses and me saying I want a unicorn. He canít say, do you want 2 horses? 3 horses? Because Iím not negotiating. Iím just crying about the horse **** in my yard while stating me unrealistic preference.

You canít reduce racism. You can make as many laws as youíd like but if someone still wants to be racist, they can be. Again, I donít believe being racist is a successful way to live oneís life nor do I think anyone who is successful is racist. But we canít stop it. If someone wants to be an idiot, we allow their stupidity so long as it doesnít interfere with the freedom of others.
    You are insane

No one who is successful is racist?

What's funny about this is you never answered me on why police used less justification to search black people and their vehicles. What you don't understand is that racism is interfering in the freedom of others. You just don't want to deal with it.

What? You most certainly can. You can educate people. You can teach empathy and compassion.