Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 391 of 615 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 9218
  1. #5851
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    How are you raising taxes on large corps and lowering them on small ones? If you do, you're also raising taxes on the wealthy and lowering them for middle/lower class individuals...which, while right, isn't exactly something they've been willing to accept.
    Sure they won't accept that, but I don't much care. I'm trying to look out for small businesses and the middle class and I think it's very apparent the 1% and massive corporations are not.

  2. #5852
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,547
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sure, there is a trade-off, but there's also a solution.

    At the same time you raise the minimum wage (let's say to $9.75 or $2 more) you lower taxes on small businesses. You recoup that money by raising taxes on large corporations.

    Businesses then get to make as much money as they did before via the low taxes offsetting the higher wages, and the US Government still gets all their tax revenue. The only party that "loses" are large corporations, which have billions and billions of dollars and could afford it.
    Lower corporate tax rates allow our businesses to be more competitive on a global scale. Hence why the EU had a shitfit when we dropped them. Our corporate tax rates currently sit right inline with Sweden's.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  3. #5853
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,739
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sure they won't accept that, but I don't much care. I'm trying to look out for small businesses and the middle class and I think it's very apparent the 1% and massive corporations are not.
    right, which is part of why I started that thread awhile back, government for the people.....to talk about where we could go from here to get us to where we think we need to go...

    But regarding some of this....what CAN we do to stop this endless stream of politicians who never actually do what we elect them to do and quickly morph from their original campaign rhetoric into partisan tribalism that yields no real progress. I watched the show Designated Survivor some and thought...other than the fact (in the show) all those people had to die, what a refreshing situation that could be...just suddenly every last Representative and Senator was brand new.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #5854
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Lower corporate tax rates allow our businesses to be more competitive on a global scale. Hence why the EU had a shitfit when we dropped them. Our corporate tax rates currently sit right inline with Sweden's.
    No, our tax rates on paper currently sit right in line with Sweden's, but the amount of taxes corporations actually pay is but a fraction of what their "tax rates" actually are. Trump lowered the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%, except many corporations weren't even paying 21% back when the rate was 35%.

    So I would be completely fine with keeping the corporate tax rate at 21% if we closed all loopholes so companies actually paid 21%. But corporations would never want that. Why do you think that is?

  5. #5855
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    right, which is part of why I started that thread awhile back, government for the people.....to talk about where we could go from here to get us to where we think we need to go...

    But regarding some of this....what CAN we do to stop this endless stream of politicians who never actually do what we elect them to do and quickly morph from their original campaign rhetoric into partisan tribalism that yields no real progress. I watched the show Designated Survivor some and thought...other than the fact (in the show) all those people had to die, what a refreshing situation that could be...just suddenly every last Representative and Senator was brand new.
    What good would having all new Senators and Representatives if they are all just going to be influenced and bought by the lobbyists and corporations anyway?

    We have to stop the problem at the source (the power and influence of the wealthy and corporations), getting rid of the politicians is the vessel.

  6. #5856
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,897

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím just trying to be the staunch Republican you expect me to be. #MAGA#BenShapiro
    Your going to be an ideologue regardless


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-11-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #5857
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The **** we can't. You can absolutely write laws that determine tax brackets on income for businesses. We do it for people, why couldn't we do it for businesses?

    If I said I want to raise the taxes on mega corporations and the 1% so I can lower the taxes on small businesses and make the laws so that it's easier for them to compete, would you be against it? Because it seems many people use small businesses as a shield to protect corporations.

    As for the minimum wage, it's seems pretty callous to oppose any minimum wage increase because of your fear it will descend into full blown socialism. I guess screw all those people who would be getting higher wages?
    Because of technology, large corporations have increasingly good at doing business outside of countries with higher business tax rates. They do this because quite simply, they can. They can hire enough intelligent accountants to get around paying higher business taxes, so they do. Where large corporations do pay taxes is through payroll both as a corporation and individuals. Thatís why it makes sense to lower the business tax. We want corporations to do business in the US and therefore pay payroll and individual taxes. Itís about raising tax revenue.

    As for minimum wage, perhaps we shouldnít have politicians supporting these idiots in their claim to get $15 an hr then. We need honest politicians to inform people of the truth, they arenít getting $15 for flipping burgers.

  8. #5858
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your going to be an ideologue regardless


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All for you, boo.

  9. #5859
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,547
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, our tax rates on paper currently sit right in line with Sweden's, but the amount of taxes corporations actually pay is but a fraction of what their "tax rates" actually are. Trump lowered the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%, except many corporations weren't even paying 21% back when the rate was 35%.

    So I would be completely fine with keeping the corporate tax rate at 21% if we closed all loopholes so companies actually paid 21%. But corporations would never want that. Why do you think that is?
    I think it's borderline criminal that the government even gets anything close to that.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  10. #5860
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because of technology, large corporations have increasingly good at doing business outside of countries with higher business tax rates. They do this because quite simply, they can. They can hire enough intelligent accountants to get around paying higher business taxes, so they do. Where large corporations do pay taxes is through payroll both as a corporation and individuals. Thatís why it makes sense to lower the business tax. We want corporations to do business in the US and therefore pay payroll and individual taxes. Itís about raising tax revenue.

    As for minimum wage, perhaps we shouldnít have politicians supporting these idiots in their claim to get $15 an hr then. We need honest politicians to inform people of the truth, they arenít getting $15 for flipping burgers.
    Corporations are going to do business in the US. We are the largest economy in the world, the idea that we need corporations more than they need us is faulty. If a corporation decides not to do business here, some other company will, and they'll make tons of money, tax or no tax.

    As for minimum wage, I agree. $15 is ridiculous. But they've been advocating it for years and they haven't gotten it, so let's not act like we are on the precipice of this change. We can raise the minimum wage without going to $15. And refusing to raise the minimum wage at all for fear of it going all the way to $15 only hurts the minimum wage workers that could use an extra $1-2 an hour.

  11. #5861
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I think it's borderline criminal that the government even gets anything close to that.
    What tax rate would you have (and what associated cuts in federal spending would you make to accommodate)?

  12. #5862
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,897
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    All for you, boo.
    Your folks were they religious nuts, political nuts, 12 steppers? what spawn this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #5863
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Corporations are going to do business in the US. We are the largest economy in the world, the idea that we need corporations more than they need us is faulty. If a corporation decides not to do business here, some other company will, and they'll make tons of money, tax or no tax.

    As for minimum wage, I agree. $15 is ridiculous. But they've been advocating it for years and they haven't gotten it, so let's not act like we are on the precipice of this change. We can raise the minimum wage without going to $15. And refusing to raise the minimum wage at all for fear of it going all the way to $15 only hurts the minimum wage workers that could use an extra $1-2 an hour.
    Corporations can do business worldwide now. Thatís the current issue we are having. Companies establish their corporation in countries with low business taxes so the US loses out on all those payroll tax as well as the individual taxes. This the same argument as police brutality. Police shouldnít be racist. Police shouldnít wrongfully kill civilians. Since you believe this, it should be. Corporations should do business in the US. Corporations should pay taxes. The world doesnít work within anyoneís given set of morals though.

    If people want a $1-2 hike in the minimum wage, they should stop living in a fantasy world. Politicians should stop supporting fantasies.

  14. #5864
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your folks were they religious nuts, political nuts, 12 steppers? what spawn this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of the above. Good try though.

  15. #5865
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,897
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    None of the above. Good try though.
    I see into your soul


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •