Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 387 of 702 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is how media decided to cover Jacob Blake. what I showed is part of who Jacob Blake is.

the media here decided to mention the charges, just buried it in the story. if one wants to argue that this is meaningless then they wouldn't have been included at all.

the word warrant is mentioned nowhere in the NYT article, yet the police who confronted Blake knew there was a warrant.
    Literally has nothing to do with being shot in the back 7 times
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Mostly, they shelter it offshore.
    or launder it...I mean put it into a pro sports franchise

but seriously, while not necessarily by the rich I can GUARANTEE there are plenty of people who've made a TON of money these past months.....daytrading stocks as they've undulated up and down
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

My buddy was in the Marines and served in Baghdad and texted me almost the same thing verbatim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude I’ve known since I was a kid quit the NYPD because he was seeing how ****ed up everything was.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The wealthy are getting all the money?? Wow!!!

What do you think they do with it???
    Whatever they want. Why are you all for anything that let’s them have more bc moving money benefits everyone but always against actions that result in any of it being moved to the working class? What do you think they do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I advocate taxing the wealthy to the hilt.

And why not? It is pure human nature — I am simply looking for ways to benefit me and the ones who matter to me (and I presume the wealthy are doing the same).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I advocate taxing the wealthy to the hilt.

And why not? It is pure human nature — I am simply looking for ways to benefit me and the ones who matter to me (and I presume the wealthy are doing the same).
    when the percentages they pay in pale compared to the average Joe, there's a problem

but as we know, the very people making the decisions are in the group....whose percentages pale compared to the average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Whatever they want. Why are you all for anything that let’s them have more bc moving money benefits everyone but always against actions that result in any of it being moved to the working class? What do you think they do with it?

You are partly correct…see the bolded portion. Everyone means…well, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    when the percentages they pay in pale compared to the average Joe, there's a problem

but as we know, the very people making the decisions are in the group....whose percentages pale compared to the average Joe
    Put in a national sales tax on everything for everyne. No exceptions for churches, schools, hospitals, non-profits…everyone pays.

No Deductions.

Add a luxury sales tax for excessive items that only the rich can buy…yachts, jets, absurd homes, ridiculous jewelry etc.

Seems easy enough to me.

You are partly correct…see the bolded portion. Everyone means…well, everyone.
    Great let’s increase wages. Moving money benefits everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Add a luxury sales tax for excessive items that only the rich can buy…yachts, jets, absurd homes, ridiculous jewelry etc.

Seems easy enough to me.
    As long as there's no tax on tea I'm good.

I'll go to war over that ****.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Great let’s increase wages. Moving money benefits everyone

Great idea. It would affect everyone that still had a job. Of course, many more would not have one of those jobs,

Great idea. It would affect everyone that still had a job. Of course, many more would not have one of those jobs,
    Well that would only happen if people up top are trying to hoard money instead of move money.

Let's move money.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Put in a national sales tax on everything for everyne. No exceptions for churches, schools, hospitals, non-profits…everyone pays.

No Deductions.

Seems easy enough to me.
    which is why it won't happen.....it's too easy, the rich can't exploit it or find the loopholes

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    which is why it won't happen.....it's too easy, the rich can't exploit it or find the loopholes
    Yup. It was actually a good post by sluggo.

That crazy bastard still got a few firing synapse, huh.

People consistently seem to think raising the minimum wage will resolve so many economic issues. It won't. It will have a negative effect on job growth as well as the ability of many small businesses to remain open. On top of that it would increase inflation and make American made products less viable in the international market.

That's not to say there shouldn't be changes/increases in the minimum wage, just that a big jump would have more negative effects than people think. For example, if someone is making $10/hr and the minimum is raised to $15, it's not just their wage that would need to be raised. The domino effect would ripple upward.

Just like the emphasis to get everyone health care has been stronger than figuring out why health care costs as much as it does, raising minimum wage to get more people so-called living wages shouldn't preclude figuring out ways why the cost of living is as high as it is.