Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 381 of 615 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why can’t you answer the question. Remember you are the one who accused me of not wanting the society that punishes racist cops.

Suppose the answer to your question is no, under the current Union system we couldn’t reprimand him and we decided to go with your system and abolish the Union to assure racist cops are punished.

No answer the question:

Under your society with the police Union gone, would you punish or reprimand the cop in my scenario?
    Yes, if somehow your ridiculous scenario was provable. If we know for a fact a cop chose to pull over a black driver instead of a white driver 100/100 times or whatever your premise. Bad cops should be punished. They currently can’t be though...

Except you can’t answer the question because under your proposal police would still keep their jobs after some type of wrong doing. So how is your system any different?
    I stated previously that bad cops, for whatever the reason, need to be reprimanded. So do bad teachers but you can’t possibly fathom the teachers union having anything to do with that.

why is this how some media/some people cover Jacob Blake?
    why does Jacob Blake get this type of support?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/07/u...gtype=Homepage

Jacob Blake, Rare Survivor at Center of Police Protests, Starts Telling His Own Story

17th paragraph (go ahead and count) before getting into his crimes.

I'd agree....stating his CASE as something that needs to be looked into and further ones to be ultimately prevented is, of course, a good and necessary thing. Even supporting him financially as he shouldn't be going through this all, despite his crimes. But to put him PERSONALLY out there like a hero is incorrect. George Floyd may/may not have passed a counterfeit $20 bill.....even true it would pale considerably compared to Blake's.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'd agree....stating his CASE as something that needs to be looked into and further ones to be ultimately prevented is, of course, a good and necessary thing. Even supporting him financially as he shouldn't be going through this all, despite his crimes. But to put him PERSONALLY out there like a hero is incorrect. George Floyd may/may not have passed a counterfeit $20 bill.....even true it would pale considerably compared to Blake's.
    The biggest question in these cases is whether the cops knew the person had a record and whether it was relevant to the case. Because if they didn't, then mentioning it is moot when the cops shoot them. The cops just getting lucky to shoot someone with a record doesn't make the initial act of shooting someone without provocation ok. If a person is walking down the street and in that moment not bothering anyone and a cop shoots them, the incident doesn't become ok if we find out that three years prior he had murdered someone and never got convicted. The old two wrongs thing that everyone here's mother told them and all that.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The biggest question in these cases is whether the cops knew the person had a record and whether it was relevant to the case. Because if they didn't, then mentioning it is moot when the cops shoot them. The cops just getting lucky to shoot someone with a record doesn't make the initial act of shooting someone without provocation ok. If a person is walking down the street and in that moment not bothering anyone and a cop shoots them, the incident doesn't become ok if we find out that three years prior he had murdered someone and never got convicted. The old two wrongs thing that everyone here's mother told them and all that.
    https://madison365.com/kenohsa-polic...scanner-audio/

According to the audio obtained by Madison365, someone called police to report that Blake was at her home and wasn’t supposed to be, and that he had taken her keys and was refusing to give them back. A dispatcher relayed this message to patrol officers at about 5:11 pm Sunday.

About 30 seconds later, she let patrol officers know that there was “an alert at this address for a 99 for this subject,” apparently to indicate that a warrant had been issued for Blake’s arrest. Court records indicate a warrant was issued on three charges — two misdemeanors and one G-class felony — on July 7. Court records indicate no previous criminal charges in the state of Wisconsin.

How does their knowledge or lack of knowledge change whether he should personally be put out there as a hero even one little bit?! His CASE (as in the shooting incident) might change depending on what they knew, but not whether he himself is some hero or not.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ce-for-welfare

A Colorado school district is facing heat online after a 12-year-old student was suspended and had local authorities called to his residence for a welfare check after a teacher saw him holding a toy gun during a virtual class, local media report.

According to local station KDVR, the student, Isaiah Elliott, was handed a five-day suspension recently after a teacher saw him holding a toy gun during a virtual class late last month.

After spotting the toy gun, which was black and green with an orange tip and had the words, “Zombie Hunter,” written on the side, the teacher reportedly got in touch with the school’s principal about the matter.

Elliott’s parents said they hadn’t been contacted by the school about the incident until after authorities had been called.

Curtis Elliot, the boy’s father, told the outlet the incident was “really frightening and upsetting for me as a parent, especially as the parent of an African American young man,” given the current climate in the country as widespread protests continue following the police killings of Black Americans.

“For them to go as extreme as suspending him for five days, sending the police out, having the police threaten to press charges against him because they want to compare the virtual environment to the actual in-school environment is insane,” Elliott’s mother, Dani Elliott, told the station.

“He was in tears when the cops came. He was just in tears. He was scared. We all were scared. I literally was scared for his life,” Curtis Elliott also said.
    why did this happen. there was no reason for this, it is clearly a toy gun, in his own house.

So you agree with his premise and your example directly refutes it.

I’ve seen too much corporate malfeasance to buy the “we care” line, particularly because anytime people bring up the possibility for more pay for workers the immediate threat is that they will automate and get rid of all the e
    Players (doesn’t sound very cari g.

Do I think there are good employers out there who do care about their Employees? Absolutely. Do I think it’s all businesses like Sluggo wants to believe? Not even close. Do I think Sluggo is this magnanimous and generous manager? Heck no. He still won’t let go that an employee regifted a gift he gave him a decade ago.
    Leave it to someone like you to bring up a topic that was discussed to the death about a year ago……and then tell mer it is something I "won't let go" of?? Seems like you're the one that "won't let go" of something.

And as far as seeing "too much corporate malfeasance to buy the 'we care' line" ; or that "it’s all businesses like Sluggo wants to believe? Not even close." ………did you ever think that maybe the problem is you??? Nah……couldn't be that.

People will always make excuses to defend executioners...sorry police.

Those lousy cops. It never stops.

Oh wait………

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Those lousy cops. It never stops.

Oh wait………

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing
    Racial profiling is ok if you offer them a job afterwards.

Cool PR move that doesn’t mix the broader problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An old colleague of mine was at a protest with this guy:

I can see if he can get his contact info so some of you can explain how racism is no longer a problem in this country and everything is ok. Maybe tell him how it’s really the fault of democrat mayors. Show him a video of a black officer subduing a white criminal.

That should calm his concerns and get rid of that sign.

That's a og right there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk