Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 446 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what if it was your place they lit up? fair game?
    Not a very fair question in my case, I'm insured for this scenario. Long story

It sucks for them, hard. My hope would be that when this all settles down, the local government and community can come to together to clean this mess up. My cousin is involved in a few non-profits in that community, they are already putting together plans to help the small businesses affected by the riots. Hopefully they get all the help they need. I'm of the opinion that it can both suck and be the inevitable next step in any resolution to this problem. I think they've tried every other avenue. Its tired, its embarrassing, and I'm beyond over it.

Now fair question for fair question. What would you like to happen here? What justice should they expect and how long should they wait for it? What should give them the impression that they will find that justice? I've never heard anyone wax poetic about the injustice done to the east india company, and that was about taxes. This is about people being killed in broad daylight on video, over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    So you would sooner believe blacks are out of control rather than admit there is a systemic problem?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You got it. That's the thing we dont say out loud though, so shhh

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    If that's how you feel...go burn and loot those buildings. I hear it makes everything feel better.
    I'm sure that will produce the results you are after.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well its no different than progressing the cause that (publicly) cops want to portray they are protecting and serving all races equally when clearly a significant % of them are not.

Again, I dont think any of us condone the looting and destroying of property but unfortunately peaceful protesting probably means Chauvin is home with his family tonight instead of arrested for murder.
    Cop shop was fair play, but pretty much this.

This is about race though and plenty of incidents of police brutality against minorities are race related. "Fits the profile" applies almost directly to minorities and in many cases, black men. What makes those situations dangerous is many cops have preconceived notions about minorities that make them quicker to draw their gun or use more force.

To put some of your "facts" in perspective:

So yeah you really have zero understanding about what that is as a white male.
    Ouch. Total KO. Who’s gonna have the ugly job of wiping what’s left of Brewer off the floor after that one?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

No he was only arrested today. 4 days after the incident. This is very likely due to the massive unrest that is going on in Minneapolis and elsewhere.
    his arrest was NOT due to the unrest...it may have been expedited by it....people don't understand the precedural difference here given it involves a police officer, there are extra things that they have to do in order to not have the case thrown out of court
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Goodness. You'll fall for anything that supports your weird ideology.

Has anyone actually spoken to that "ex-wife" or are you just good with the tweet that said his ex-wife said he was the guy that did it?
    You should know better by now than to challenge me on something.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    You should know better by now than to challenge me on something.
    Last edited by Walter_White; 05-30-2020 at 07:56 AM.

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The Minneapolis mayor and minnesota governor are idiots plain and simple.

The people who are destroying things the governor was like “We don’t want you arrested, we want you to go home”

Yeah, like that will stop these things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And allowing millions in property damage, additional people injured and killed, and expending millions of more taxpayer dollars......during a pandemic no less......WILL stop these things?

THAT'S the problem here....WHAT stops the protests? What's the end game? I COMPLETELY understand what the real end game is...but that's not something that can just happen in a matter of days nor is it something that can happen while buildings burn and the exact OPPOSITE of productive purpose continues.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    You got it. That's the thing we dont say out loud though, so shhh
    why do people think the average Joe doesn't understand there is a systemic problem?!
    why do people think, black or white, MOST of us aren't sick of this ****?

What are people thinking WE should do? Why do some treat US like the enemy?
    Do you understand how frustrating it gets when someone says 'you don't understand' as a reason to TREAT us like the enemy...when obviously a white person can't understand in the same way, but WE don't like this either.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Not a very fair question in my case, I'm insured for this scenario. Long story

It sucks for them, hard. My hope would be that when this all settles down, the local government and community can come to together to clean this mess up. My cousin is involved in a few non-profits in that community, they are already putting together plans to help the small businesses affected by the riots. Hopefully they get all the help they need. I'm of the opinion that it can both suck and be the inevitable next step in any resolution to this problem. I think they've tried every other avenue. Its tired, its embarrassing, and I'm beyond over it.

Now fair question for fair question. What would you like to happen here? What justice should they expect and how long should they wait for it? What should give them the impression that they will find that justice? I've never heard anyone wax poetic about the injustice done to the east india company, and that was about taxes. This is about people being killed in broad daylight on video, over and over and over again.
    Oh c'mon, it's still a fair question as you can imagine it being your place lit up without just thinking 'oh well, it's insured'....what if the contents were personal and irreplaceable?

What would I like to happen here? Therein lies the problem...what needs to happen has been same/similar to what has needed to happen for DECADES.....it's not going to resolve itself in days, it's not going to resolve itself with the conviction of a few officers, it's not going to resolve itself by publicly hanging a few officers....it's a long tedious process that in LARGE ways HAS resolved itself, but incidents like the Floyd death show it's not over...it may never be over.

In that way, it's similar to the pandemic.....we have a problem we cannot see, a problem that can spread unchecked if we don't do things as a WHOLE to limit the spread...but stopping it completely is simply impossible, it will still at least occasionally pop up, maybe forever.

Oh c'mon, it's still a fair question as you can imagine it being your place lit up without just thinking 'oh well, it's insured'....what if the contents were personal and irreplaceable?

What would I like to happen here? Therein lies the problem...what needs to happen has been same/similar to what has needed to happen for DECADES.....it's not going to resolve itself in days, it's not going to resolve itself with the conviction of a few officers, it's not going to resolve itself by publicly hanging a few officers....it's a long tedious process that in LARGE ways HAS resolved itself, but incidents like the Floyd death show it's not over...it may never be over.

In that way, it's similar to the pandemic.....we have a problem we cannot see, a problem that can spread unchecked if we don't do things as a WHOLE to limit the spread...but stopping it completely is simply impossible, it will still at least occasionally pop up, maybe forever.
    I'm saying, its not really fair for me to answer that what if, most arent insured in that scenario.

Well we can see it, it's clear from both of our posts that we see the problem. I dont expect it to resolve itself in days, but dont see it resolving itself at all. While we arent going to ever stop it completely, there are certainly steps that could and should be taken to address the issue. Nothing to this point has made us take those steps so it's time to escalate, that's what happens after decades of inaction.

why do people think the average Joe doesn't understand there is a systemic problem?!
    why do people think, black or white, MOST of us aren't sick of this ****?

What are people thinking WE should do? Why do some treat US like the enemy?
    Do you understand how frustrating it gets when someone says 'you don't understand' as a reason to TREAT us like the enemy...when obviously a white person can't understand in the same way, but WE don't like this either.
    I'm not referring to an average joe, we've been round and round in here on this subject for years.

I’ve heard those safelite repair people are behind this whole thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

his arrest was NOT due to the unrest...it may have been expedited by it....people don't understand the precedural difference here given it involves a police officer, there are extra things that they have to do in order to not have the case thrown out of court
    That's what I was implying. The unrest sped up his arrest. If the outcry doesn't happen to this extent, Chauvin is sitting in his home right now.

You don't need a "beyond a reasonable doubt" burden of evidence to be arrested and charged. That's only to be convicted. The fact is we don't know what the Minneapolis DA would have been done. There are plenty of instances where police brutality and murder are never prosecuted even when there is evidence that a criminal case should proceed.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-30-2020 at 09:37 AM.