Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 378 of 627 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 9396
  1. #5656
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So a utopian, liberal society. Got it...
    Yep, one where postal workers volunteer.

  2. #5657
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,254
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, trumps 2020 campaign so far has to be the most pathetic presidential campaign in US history. It gets worse every commercial I see, lol.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What exactly is wrong with that commercial?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #5658
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If you think it's Utopian that is all on you, I just pointed out other things that can be focused on instead of unions like you asked for and did with the drug issue. I even noted how I never said it so at this point it's your description not mine.

    If your big issues with moving towards a "Utopian" type of country is that it is also more liberal, that's on you.
    Itís utopian because you canít pay for it....

    We just had a conversation about government and budgets didnít we...

  4. #5659
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yep, one where postal workers volunteer.
    Or idk, people use the interwebs and emails...

  5. #5660
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Itís utopian because you canít pay for it....

    We just had a conversation about government and budgets didnít we...
    "you can't pay for it"... Told you people use this all the time lol and yes that was in the very topic we just were speaking on where you pretended like government doesn't have to worry about stuff like that but corporations do. Funny how things change.

    We can pay for a lot of improvement/steps towards those things at the very least if we also make changes to the tax structure, add a wealth tax, decrease military spending in massive ways along with many other ideas. You didn't even ask or think about trying to balance the budget if it isn't how you want (getting rid of unions) you just scream we can't afford other things without considering changes outside your beliefs.

  6. #5661
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What exactly is wrong with that commercial?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pure drama show.

    100% clown show bull ****.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #5662
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,968
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    At some level, police mgt are appointed by politicians. Also, currently DAs are pressured by the one for all mentality with police unions.
    What does this mean in relation to the question I asked?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #5663
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    "you can't pay for it"... Told you people use this all the time lol and yes that was in the very topic we just were speaking on where you pretended like government doesn't have to worry about stuff like that but corporations do. Funny how things change.

    We can pay for a lot of improvement/steps towards those things at the very least if we also make changes to the tax structure, add a wealth tax, decrease military spending in massive ways along with many other ideas. You didn't even ask or think about trying to balance the budget if it isn't how you want (getting rid of unions) you just scream we can't afford other things without considering changes outside your beliefs.
    We had this discussion about how the government has a budget. Itís literally why having an entity working against that budget is not ideal.

    Why do you think wealthy people need to stay in the US? This is the same garbage Val was spewing. Itís based on what you believe people SHOULD do. People should not be racist. People should pay more taxes. You cannot compel people based on your own thoughts. The world does not work that way.

  9. #5664
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What does this mean in relation to the question I asked?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If police management are appointed, politicians can ensure those they are appointing have the values they determine necessary for the position. In other words, politicians can appoint non racist managers who will crack down on racism, if need be.

  10. #5665
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    We had this discussion about how the government has a budget. Itís literally why having an entity working against that budget is not ideal.

    Why do you think wealthy people need to stay in the US? This is the same garbage Val was spewing. Itís based on what you believe people SHOULD do. People should not be racist. People should pay more taxes. You cannot compel people based on your own thoughts. The world does not work that way.
    Of course which is why I also told you other measures to help with balancing lol. It is also literally why governments care about $ as we all have been telling you for a while. You only acknowledge this when convenient then ignore it when the case for unions is there is a budget still and it helps protect them. It isn't ideal in your view that does not consider the workers at all it seems.

    I don't think they need to stay in the US, it's their choice. It is based on what is best for the whole instead of funneling money towards the top and creating more issues within. You constantly talk about how it isn't race issues it's economical but never want to actually address those either. It's hilarious you say this as evidence has been provided on tons of stuff in our many conversations but it only happens one way. You are the one who literally has been refusing to provide anything but your thoughts topic to topic not backing them up when clearly called out. You base all your arguments solely on your thoughts often ignoring all other perspectives that aren't convenient to said beliefs.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 09-05-2020 at 06:31 PM.

  11. #5666
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,968

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If police management are appointed, politicians can ensure those they are appointing have the values they determine necessary for the position. In other words, politicians can appoint non racist managers who will crack down on racism, if need be.
    Thank you. That makes sense. Do you know how they get the role now? I donít. Do you think current leadership is often a problem when it comes to not cracking down on cops or are they just hamstrung by the unions


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #5667
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Of course which is why I also told you other measures to help with balancing lol. It is also literally why governments care about $ as we all have been telling you for a while. You only acknowledge this when convenient then ignore it when the case for unions is there is a budget still and it helps protect them. It isn't ideal in your view that does not consider the workers at all it seems.

    I don't think they need to stay in the US, it's their choice. It is based on what is best for the whole instead of funneling money towards the top and creating more issues within. You constantly talk about how it isn't race issues it's economical but never want to actually address those either. It's hilarious you say this as evidence has been provided on tons of stuff in our many conversations but it only happens one way. You are the one who literally has been refusing to provide anything but your thoughts topic to topic not backing them up when clearly called out. You base all your arguments solely on your thoughts often ignoring all other perspectives that aren't convenient to said beliefs.
    Government officials care about their budget. But they are not as financially motivated as the private sector. This is true of both Democrats and Republicans. They just spend on different stuff. Typically, to cater to their base.

    Again, you make a moral statement and believe this applies. It doesnít. People do not have to give up their money for what you believe is the greater good, especially not through a government system. Wealthy people should be charitable but where and with who they are charitable is their choice.

    Youíre right. Iím on this message board to discuss my thoughts and ideals, not provide facts which you already have access to and would probably either debate the facts or discredit the source. A message board is for thoughts and opinions. We are all capable of looking up facts on our own.

  13. #5668
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thank you. That makes sense. Do you think current leadership is often a problem when it comes to not cracking down on cops or are they just hamstrung by the unions


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe itís mostly union representation who debate/fight with management to ensure poor or racist cops are not reprimanded to the level thru need to be.

    Think about it. Who benefits from a poor cop maintaining their job? Police management? Other cops? The Union?

    Police management donít want poor or racist cops in their precincts as they create problems not just with civilians but other cops as well. Cops donít want to pick up the slack for poor or racist cops, especially not these days. Unions benefit because maintaining members and their safety is a primary goal.
    Last edited by joeyc77; 09-05-2020 at 07:22 PM.

  14. #5669
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,878
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that's fine, that's great.............it's the 7% that will still get the most news coverage and, for some at least, degrade the efforts of the 93%
    Donít disagree.

  15. #5670
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,968

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I believe itís mostly union representation who debate/fight with management to ensure poor or racist cops are not reprimanded to the level thru need to be.

    Think about it. Who benefits from a poor cop maintaining their job? Police management? Other cops? The Union?

    Police management donít want poor or racist cops in their precincts as they create problems not just with civilians but other cops as well. Cops donít want to pick up the slack for poor or racist cops, especially not these days. Unions benefit because maintaining members and their safety is a primary goal.
    Maybe management wants good PR and high arrest numbers and thus turns a blind eye. Punishing cops for abusive behavior is bad PR and limits there ability to arrest people. Maybe to really know we need more data then these over arching generalizations can provide


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-05-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •