Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 375 of 702 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, so people who work for non-profits or, in this case, not-for-profit government....don't deserve to earn the same wage as those in for-profit businesses....because the organization they work for isn't concerned about profit?

And a reason for unions in those cases is because, in the private sector I can go to my boss and stump for a raise and he either can or has access to someone who can make that happen. That's not true at the post office, most things are regulated by people who I'll never have direct contact with and performance based raises are nearly non-existent.
    Yes... this is obviously separate from public sector unions but non profits and unions don’t mix well. I worked for a non profit for about 7 years and made about half of what I would have made in the private sector. It’s not about what they deserve. It about what their employer can afford to pay. It’s a choice to work for this type of company and typically people are compelled to do it because of some type of connection to the cause or a calling of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Because there are not enough volunteers to run the mail service. Duh!
    I’m surprised people still even get mail.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes... this is obviously separate from public sector unions but non profits and unions don’t mix well. I worked for a non profit for about 7 years and made about half of what I would have made in the private sector. It’s not about what they deserve. It about what their employer can afford to pay. It’s a choice to work for this type of company and typically people are compelled to do it because of some type of connection to the cause or a calling of some sort.
    The government pays a lot of money to support private sector workers. Since the best numbers are made up, I'm willing to say that half, 40%, of private sector employees get support from the government. At the very least its 32%, but I suspect at least 12% are numbers.

Because that's not their ****ing point. There are many things provided by the government that aren't intended to make a profit? Should scientists at the CDC and NIH make less than the ones that work for Pfiser? And if so... damn that's just shoot yourself in the foot dumb.
    There’s a difference between should and do....

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    There’s a difference between should and do....
    Words have different meanings...? Oh do tell me more. I love the insight you provide.

Or perhaps you could answer the question I presented. Should our best and brightest in the health sciences go to work for private companies with profit motives, or do you want them in the NIH and the CDC? And why?
    Last edited by flips333; 09-04-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

So how many do you think view filling mailboxes with free newspapers as their calling?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

another one.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...y-area-walmart

Officer faces charge in Black man's shooting death in Bay Area Walmart
    San Leandro Police Officer Jason Fletcher, 49, was charged for the April 18 killing of Steven Taylor, a 33-year-old Black man, after Fletcher responded to a call about an alleged shoplifter holding a baseball bat, according to a press release from the Alameda County District Attorney.

The district attorney concluded after an “extensive investigation” that the officer, a 20-year veteran, did not wait for backup and instead approached Taylor and tried to take the bat from him before firing his Taser and service weapon. The officer had been in the store for less than 40 seconds before the conflict.

“Officer Fletcher’s actions, coupled with his failure to attempt other de-escalation options rendered his use of deadly force unreasonable,” District Attorney Nancy O’Malley said in a statement.
    The district attorney found that Taylor “posed no threat of imminent deadly force or serious bodily injury to defendant Fletcher or anyone else in the store” when Fletcher shot him in the chest.
    there had to be a better way to get a baseball bat from this man without shooting him or even using the taser.

this officer should have absolutely waited for more officers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I’m surprised people still even get mail.
    So I live in a small town. I'm single, and get very little mail. Right now I have a bill for $50/yr coming due for box rent. I figure that comes out to about $1 for every piece of mail I actually want or need to get. My choices are to pay that bill, persuade a neighbor to let me put a mailbox next to theirs, or.....? I can't really list my work address as my home address and I can't just go 'general mail'.

It's not that many of us really get a lot of mail...but since you get SOME, it's gotta get to you somehow.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this should be getting attention too.
    these black lives should matter too.
    So you are suggesting our current police system isn't working and we should try something else to protect these people?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

So you are suggesting our current police system isn't working and we should try something else to protect these people?
    what changes would impact the police and how they work better?

how about the people that want to support black lives, support these black lives.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

This is why they kneel

So how many do you think view filling mailboxes with free newspapers as their calling?
    My cousin works for the post office. He is a repair guy. Dream come true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Words have different meanings...? Oh do tell me more. I love the insight you provide.

Or perhaps you could answer the question I presented. Should our best and brightest in the health sciences go to work for private companies with profit motives, or do you want them in the NIH and the CDC? And why?
    I want them to do whatever they desire. I’m sure people like Elon Musk are best suited where they are.

Reread my post... then tell me where I stated this please.

Reread my post... then tell me where I stated this please.
    we were talking about why non-profits and civil servants would need to unionize and you said many who work for non-profits do it as a calling...so I simply brought civil servants into the same thought