Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 373 of 620 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 9290
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You're aware the Post Office isn't a business. Right? It's a service. Tell me how much money does the fire department make? How about your precious police? Or the military?
    So if itís not a business, what is the need for a union? Itís a service that has been replaced with better services in the private sector. Many local fire departments are volunteer. Maybe usps should get volunteers as well. They definitely shouldnít be paid as well as they are and receive the type of benefits and pensions that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So if itís not a business, what is the need for a union? Itís a service that has been replaced with better services in the private sector. Many local fire departments are volunteer. Maybe usps should get volunteers as well. They definitely shouldnít be paid as well as they are and receive the type of benefits and pensions that they do.
    Teachers aren't a business either....nor state employees...yet a lot of them are unionized.

Who shouldn't get paid as well as they do, postal employees? They're overpaid now?

Do you want to trust sending checks to pay bills to volunteers?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

What does it being a business have to do with it having a union? Those two things are not connected. It has people that work there that need to have their rights protected. And as to being replaced by the private sector, that's never going to happen. There is not profit in most of what the Post Office does. There is absolutely no profit in guaranteeing delivery to every single address within the United States. Notice how UPS and FedEx don't touch that part of the service. They only take away the parts of the service that can be profitable. If UPS and FedEx had to do all the part of the service and not just the profitable ones, they would be like the airlines aka going broke on queue every dozen or so years. The lines that earn more money than they cost such as flights from DC to NY would earn money. But the flights out to South Dakota lose money hand over fist and the people who live there couldn't afford what the service would cost if it were a profit making venture. It's the same for the Post Office. The cost of a stamp would be astronomical if it's cost were intended to earn profit.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

The USPS likely WAS somewhat profitable.......before UPS and FedEx 'stole' most of the business they COULD profit from. Had the USPS adopted a for-profit mentality and done some of the things those companies do, they might never have been able to get established.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Teachers aren't a business either....nor state employees...yet a lot of them are unionized.

Who shouldn't get paid as well as they do, postal employees? They're overpaid now?

Do you want to trust sending checks to pay bills to volunteers?
    Exactly. Civil servants should not need to have the power to negotiate collectively. They serve the community.

You trust volunteer firefighters to save your life if need be. Why wouldnít you trust them to deliver a piece of mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    More baloney.

I've been part of a good sized company (700+ employees, Over 1200 inllcuding part timers) and part of senior management for about five years. Employee welfare, feelings, improvement, development is always a concern. It was discussed at every corp[orate policy meeting. Always.
    Good for you. Think bigger. Think publicly traded companies that answer to shareholders. This is the direction our country has been going for decades. Consolidating economic power into fewer larger companies that squeeze suppliers and workers and eliminating any real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The USPS likely WAS somewhat profitable.......before UPS and FedEx 'stole' most of the business they COULD profit from. Had the USPS adopted a for-profit mentality and done some of the things those companies do, they might never have been able to get established.
    Much more damaging than UPS or Fed-Ex is the internet. Email is free and instant, it's generally not possible to compete with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    more editing my quote.

you know this is against the rules, right.
    No it's not but by all means, keep whining.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What does it being a business have to do with it having a union? Those two things are not connected. It has people that work there that need to have their rights protected. And as to being replaced by the private sector, that's never going to happen. There is not profit in most of what the Post Office does. There is absolutely no profit in guaranteeing delivery to every single address within the United States. Notice how UPS and FedEx don't touch that part of the service. They only take away the parts of the service that can be profitable. If UPS and FedEx had to do all the part of the service and not just the profitable ones, they would be like the airlines aka going broke on queue every dozen or so years. The lines that earn more money than they cost such as flights from DC to NY would earn money. But the flights out to South Dakota lose money hand over fist and the people who live there couldn't afford what the service would cost if it were a profit making venture. It's the same for the Post Office. The cost of a stamp would be astronomical if it's cost were intended to earn profit.
    You are sort of making my point for me. If USPS is not going to be profitable, why does its union members believe their salaries, benefits and pensions should be in line with private corporations who are profitable?

You essentially have members who believe they are worth X. While the USPS only earns Y and Y is less than X. This is the problem with public sector unions.

How about this, why donít you all give me an example of a public sector union without any issues. We know the issues with police. We know the issues with education. And the issues with the USPS.

I need an example in which a public sector union is better for the community as should be the purpose of civil servants.

Exactly. Civil servants should not need to have the power to negotiate collectively. They serve the community.

You trust volunteer firefighters to save your life if need be. Why wouldnít you trust them to deliver a piece of mail?
    Lol, grab a bag and start passing out mail 40 hours a week. Why would we pay anyone with gracious souls like yourself willing to volunteer to work for free?

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Lol, grab a bag and start passing out mail 40 hours a week. Why would we pay anyone with gracious souls like yourself willing to volunteer to work for free?
    Sure. As soon as you run into a burning building...

Sure. As soon as you run into a burning building...
    I did it frequently until a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    More baloney.

I've been part of a good sized company (700+ employees, Over 1200 inllcuding part timers) and part of senior management for about five years. Employee welfare, feelings, improvement, development is always a concern. It was discussed at every corp[orate policy meeting. Always.
    BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You must've worked for some miserable companies.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I did it frequently until a few years ago.
    As a volunteer? And people trusted you to put out fires in their houses?