Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 459 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Was watching cats in San Jose, CA battle with the police earlier. Was fairly entertaining.
    At first I thought you were watching the play Cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Lol yeah, me and the local police get together, blaze up, and watch plays once per month.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Definitely was

iF yOu PoSt AcTuAlLy SaY sOmEtHiNg

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Trust me on this, I am most definitely the man in a party environment. It's what I do.

Please remind me when I said that I am okay with this senseless killing. One quote will suffice. Until you do that, I'll keep my stance that these riots are counterproductive to and rather convoluted to the stance they are standing up for. These last few days will most definitely hurt race relations and not help them. That's what I don't understand. That mind set is skeptical at best.
    You quoted me. I had not quoted you until your snarky comment.

Hell, I didn't even see a single post of yours, until you quoted me.

I never once mentioned anything about this riots being okay. Never.

I also made two posts in this entire political forum.

Neither had anything to do with the protests.

So honestly, I'm not sure what the.. your problem is.

But, I'm done debating whatever this is with you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I remember the mayor saying he was going to be charged the day of the murder so surprised it took them 4 days. Doubt it has to do with the looting.
    No that's not the case. Frey (the mayor of Minneapolis) as of the 28th was calling for Chauvin's arrest and he wasn't charged until today. It wasn't a foregone conclusion if and when the arrest was going to take place.

https://www.startribune.com/shooting...est/570804062/

Earlier, Frey called for the arrest and charging of now-fired police officer Derek Chauvin, who knelt on Floyd’s neck as he pleaded to breathe.

“I’ve wrestled with, more than anything else over the last 36 hours, one fundamental question: Why is the man who killed George Floyd not in jail?” Frey said. “If you had done it, or I had done it, we would be behind bars right now. And I cannot come up with a good answer to that.”
    All Frey said soon after it happened was that the 4 officers were terminated.

That absolutely had to do with the ferocity of the actions taken.

It will happen again too if this guy isn't convicted. Similar to what happened during the LA riots when those officers got off.

7. 05-30-2020, 01:18 AM
    Reason
    Insults

That's what some of you guys don't get either. We see so many instances of cops who brutalize or kill black men (unjustifiably) and are never charged and if they are charged, never convicted. That certainly fuels the anger of a group of people who feel like the police are not out to help them.

Rodney King
    Eric Garner
    Freddie Gray
    Michael Brown
    Sam Dubose
    Philando Castile
    Alton Sterling
    Jamar Clark
    Jeremy McDole
    Ryan Twyman

Just to name a few. This is year after year, case after case with no resolution in sight.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-30-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's what some of you guys don't get either. We see so many instances of cops who brutalize or kill black men (unjustifiably) and are never charged and if they are charged, never convicted. That certainly fuels the anger of a group of people who feel like the police are not out to help them.

Rodney King
    Eric Garner
    Freddie Gray
    Michael Brown
    Sam Dubose
    Philando Castile
    Alton Sterling
    Jamar Clark
    Jeremy McDole
    Ryan Twyman

Just to name a few. This is year after year, case after case with no resolution in sight.
    I don't know all of those cases, but Michael Brown was a reasonable non-conviction.

I don't know all of those cases, but Michael Brown was a reasonable non-conviction.
    Perception is not always reality. Many people believe the friend who was with Brown at the scene when he told the officer "Don't shoot" and had his hands up.

Those cases just feed the idea that cops are not out to help black people.

Atlanta Mayor says it's not a protest.

CNN Center bombed ... I wonder if they think that's a protest?
    CNN attacked

Hmm anybody checked for a white dude dress in black with an umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Furgasson was definitely not was, rinse, repeat. It boiled over and became counterproductive to a solution. Here we are again.

The dude was fired day one and charged with murder 4 days later. If you can't see that as an improvement...go burn a building and loot whatever the **** you want.
    You're like brewers, you guys are missing the point. In your guys minds if this guy gets tried and serves time you will think everything is ok with the system.

It's not. He shouldnt have been killed period. Yes, sometimes police treat non blacks like this, but there are clear trends, and yes some of those trends apply to socioeconomic level, but skin color doesnt tell you ones socioeconomic level, it just tells you wether someone is black or not. And that's how many black people are regularly approached. As a stereotype carrying lots of negative baggage.

Me and you dont carry this stereotype. We start neutral, or close to neutral. So me and you dont understand what its like to deal with people on a regular basis who are approaching us as a negative stereotype.

Even at a 10% hit rate, that means depending on location one of every 12 to 20 or more people you cross is coming at you light weight crazy, every one in something in some sort of authority position (even if temporary). That's a lot of pressure to deal with.

But this entire reality is just repetitively dismissed by the right. Yes, the other side is very opportunistic themself, in a very different way. But that's a seperate discussion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Perception is not always reality. Many people believe the friend who was with Brown at the scene when he told the officer "Don't shoot" and had his hands up.

Those cases just feed the idea that cops are not out to help black people.
    Its almost like you have to have a camera rolling and showing CLEAR murder in order to even have a chance. It shouldnt be like that. Think about how many of these crazy situations have been and still happening but no camera. Easily dismissed and tossed, case closed, next.

THATS why there are riots, not because one black man was killed, but because of what that represents. It represents something very real and very personal for many black people. The floyd video is just tipping something much bigger that's been brewing for centuries.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The Minneapolis mayor and minnesota governor are idiots plain and simple.

The people who are destroying things the governor was like “We don’t want you arrested, we want you to go home”

Yeah, like that will stop these things!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    That’s not moving the goalposts at all. It’s the truth. There’s more White people who are killed by cops every year but you never hear about it because the media can’t play it up and get people riled up.

The officer deserves to be in prison for murder. The other cops who were involved should be arrested. There’s many examples of racist cops who need to be called out, fired etc.

This doesn’t give any right for people to destroy other people’s property and loot. And the fact some are on here defending that is crazy and stupid. Protest all you want but the minute you destroy property you aren’t a protestor. You’re a criminal.

That minute? From what I've seen when you commit a crime on video it can take anywhere from 4 days to 3 months to, well nevermind, that dude sold a loose cigarette. Give me fishing or give me death