Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 352 of 702 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 10529
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...nt/5645623002/

I noted this as well either here or other thread but kind of just contrasting the police actions from shooting him in the back 7 times compared to letting Rittenhouse just walk away freely with his gun still after killing two people and shooting/injuring another.

Just one of the many many examples of how our past racist policies effects neighborhoods today: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e=articleShare

When we talk about reallocating funds to support better schools, social programs, etc in black neighborhoods, itís to offset lingering effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So you donít think police unions who defend these ďbad copsĒ are the problem? They protect people who should be fired. Itís the same with teacher unions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Idk. What actually happens? You tell us? Whatís the procedure? How is it deck stacked in the unions favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Are you suggesting that police unions are against better police training. Have anything to back that up?
    Yes they do. Police unions and unions in general make it more difficult for training because itís difficult for older members to learn new policies and procedures that typically accompany more training. Unions have a standard that more time in=better member, hence why in every union shop, a promotion always goes to a member with the most time, unless that position is not a union position.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes they do. Police unions and unions in general make it more difficult for training because itís difficult for older members to learn new policies and procedures that typically accompany more training. Unions have a standard that more time in=better member, hence why in every union shop, a promotion always goes to a member with the most time, unless that position is not a union position.
    Union members often get increases based on time. If two people have the same job the one with more time makes more in this situation. Promotions are not the same thing. Iím in a union. Iíve been promoted multiple times over people in my department with more time in. Your full of ****

I did recently move down a level. My union contract allows me to do so once without losing pay. I did take advantage.

Last edited by ewing; 08-29-2020 at 11:27 AM.

There are definitely issues with current police unions, that's why we need to break up our current system and restart fresh with new people. Not all unions are bad but corrupt people in a union definitely will make it go that way. Minneapolis has that issue with Bob Kroll for sure leading the way as president.

Again listen to the officers commands and he wouldnít be paralyzed right now.

Pretty simple concept

This is bull**** and you know it. Iíve posted videos of incidents where black suspects comply and they still get the **** beat out of them.

Police arenít required to de-escalate and thatís the problem. They are all too ready to get that gun out and unload every bullet theyíve got.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Union members often get increases based on time. If two people have the same job the one with more time makes more in this situation. Promotions are not the same thing. Iím in a union. Iíve been promoted multiple times over people in my department with more time in. Your full of ****

I did recently move down a level. My union contract allows me to do so once without losing pay. I did take advantage.

But if someone in your union with more time at the same level as you wanted those promotions, you would not have got them. Seniority rules in unions. Your effort and production are meaningless.

This is why they kneel

But if someone in your union with more time at the same level as you wanted those promotions, you would not have got them. Seniority rules in unions. Your effort and production are meaningless.
    They did, they didnít

Happens like that all the time.

In fact guess who just hired two people. Both from within, with other candidates at the same level and it never came up? Me. the positions were only opened to internal candidates which did prevent a part time worker that I like from applying.

Last edited by ewing; 08-29-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    There are definitely issues with current police unions, that's why we need to break up our current system and restart fresh with new people. Not all unions are bad but corrupt people in a union definitely will make it go that way. Minneapolis has that issue with Bob Kroll for sure leading the way as president.
    Itís not the people of the union. Itís the concept of the union. We need to abolish public sector unions. They are abhorrent to our society.

Itís not the people of the union. Itís the concept of the union. We need to abolish public sector unions. They are abhorrent to our society.
    It often is the people of the union, you can't ignore that major aspect. Different individuals make different decisions, not all police unions act the same way for that reason across the country. It is definitely the biggest issue I have seen on a continual basis when people point out bad unions is that they have bad leadership/individuals making decisions.

The concept of unions is not a bad thing, the issue is when the unions do bad things via bad people and policy. I don't think every public sector union is bad, firefighters for example is something I have even heard positives depending on location and who is in charge.

Feel free to go in depth on how Postal and Firefighter unions are abhorrent in full though, I am curious the reasoning...

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    27%, but those are arrests.
    Which is the flaw in the data... As it has been shown that a black suspect is more likely to actually be arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    So is the number more in line when considering violent crime?
    Keep in mind black people are more likely to be arrested, numerous studies on bias show us that as well. So if police officers see black people as inherently more likely to be criminals and arrest them more frequently (but shoot them the same rate as whites) then bias is STILL the reason why black men are dying. You are trying to make the data tell your story and it just doesn't. Either bias leads police instigate more interactions with black people (leading to violence against black people), or bias leads the police and commit more violence against black people. Both are probably true to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

The guy had a knife. He didnít listen to the cops commands. He went into his car when the cops attempted numerous times to stop him. They even tased him.

This guy has a history of carrying a gun illegally and has a large criminal record.

Donít play stupid and you wonít get shot. Listen to the cops when they stop you. Seems pretty logical to me but just assume this white cop was racist!

Next time a black police officer shoots and kills a white person I assume itís because they hate white people, right? Is it justified than to loot and set things on fire? Or is this only for when white cops shoot black people?

I didn't call him a racist. I think he's more of a ***** *** ***** that is scared of black people.

Nice rant though.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Idk. What actually happens? You tell us? Whatís the procedure? How is it deck stacked in the unions favor?
    Even if he is right, he doesnít know; heís just parroting the party line.